What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Souths need a workaholic in the back three IMO and Daniel Tupou would fill that need. Him or Josh Manour would round off the Souths backline nicely imo if Gagai is to stay at centre.
Tupou is way way better than Mansour.

And he can diffuse a high ball, something that we had trouble with in 2020.

Tupou is fair and equal trade for potential talent like Suaali. And he could always be re-signed by the Bondi KFC for 2022 if they want. Morris brothers will be retired and Mansour will be pretty much finished by then.

handyman2190

Bench
Tupou is way way better than Mansour.

And he can diffuse a high ball, something that we had trouble with in 2020.

Tupou is fair and equal trade for potential talent like Suaali. And he could always be re-signed by the Bondi KFC for 2022 if they want. Morris brothers will be retired and Mansour will be pretty much finished by then.
Well toupu is 29 so if we sign him for 2 years he would nearly be done,honestly rorters letting him go to get a youngster is totally in their favour, but you see, its not conforming to their needs, so they may knock it,lets see.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Well toupu is 29 so if we sign him for 2 years he would nearly be done,honestly rorters letting him go to get a youngster is totally in their favour, but you see, its not conforming to their needs, so they may knock it,lets see.
We only need to take him for one year. That holds us over until JAC is a FA and then we go after him.

The Rorters HAVE to make a play for 2021, because if Rugby make Suaali an offer for 2021 we will agree, and the Rorters could get nothing

Beautiful move by the FO

Rabbits20

Immortal
WRONG dingbat.

Players already budgeted for in 2021:
James Roberts off the books for 2021 - savings 550K
Ethan Lowe off the books, medically retired - savings 300K
Sam Burgess was still under contract for 2021 and 2022 medically retired - savings = 1.1mil each year minus Jai Arrow signing @ 750K = 350K savings each year for the next 2
Add in Bayley Sironen anywhere between 150-250K

Your Bondi comprehension probably also doesnt allow you to understand that we already had a deal with Suaali in place for 600K per year so that's now all savings.

Our books are WAY less dodgy than yours
Well said cap space is no issue we’d have enough for Tupou......... I can’t see Easts doing it though so I guess they can wait an extra 12 months. As I’ve said before I don’t care if Sualii has to mow lawns for 12 months.

Tommy Smith

Referee
We released Latrine to you scabs a year early, putting player welfare first.

And in return this is how you treat a 17yr old child.

It says a lot about the difference in class between the two clubs.

1 Premiership in half a century. lol@souffs

Rabbits20

Immortal

The Latrell situation was untenable you know that, you guys were under cap pressure as well.

We don’t care mate if Sualii mows lawns for 12 months as we are not under cap pressure. We have treated Sualii greatly he should be greatful for what we’ve done for him. We even offered him the richest deal for a teen ever in the game.

21-15 mate have a nice day pal! How has buying premierships worked lol?

My highlight this year was 60-8 just brilliant and the night your season ended and I’m glad it was us that did it.

If you want Sualii this early we are only doing right by seeing what is in it for us.

Just like Arrow, the Titans weren’t under cap pressure to let him go there was nothing in it for them I respect that.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

Nope.
You treated him like dirt and got all paranoid about him because his old man was saying he wanted Latrell to play for Souths.after Latrell single-handedly destroyed the Tigers.

Anyway Latrell is where he belongs
:joy:

Tommy Smith

Referee
And Suaalii will be where he belongs very soon.

We'll replace the best player in the game in Teddy with the next best player in the game :D

We just won one set of b2b Premierships courtesy of Russell Crowe gifting us Keary. And another set of b2b Premierships is on the horizon now that we've stolen Suaalii.

Glory, glory hole Souff Sydney :D

Looks like many people here can't read. I said in my initial post that the reports about cap pressure were media reports. I have no idea whether they are accurate or not as I do not have access to salary cap finances of the South Sydney District Rugby League Football club.

Amazing how many of you seemingly do. But that is by the by.

Also calling me names? Yawn, how quaint and frankly un-necessary.

It is still pie in the sky to think my club will release Tupou, a well established first grade winger, for Suaalii. In terms of recruitment it won't help as it would leave my club short in the outside backs, especially in 2022 as both Morris' will have retired, thus meaning they'd need to find a new winger then.

Additionally it also assumes that if the Roosters released Tupou that he would want to go to Souths. No one can say definitively that he would. My club could no more "force" him to than your club could.

Rabbits20

Immortal

We'll replace the best player in the game in Teddy with the next best player in the game :D

We just won one set of b2b Premierships courtesy of Russell Crowe gifting us Keary. And another set of b2b Premierships is on the horizon now that we've stolen Suaalii.

Latrell will take us to 22 I’m very confident of that mate and what a moment it’ll be!

I hope Sualii is the next Folau, he could be as well.

All this expectation and he hasn’t played a game yet. Also he could easily go to union in 2-3 years.

Rabbits20

Immortal

You only won back to back mate due to Cronk. No Cronk you don’t win either of those years for mine.

We saw this year what happened now Cronk is no longer there.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Looks like many people here can't read. I said in my initial post that the reports about cap pressure were media reports. I have no idea whether they are accurate or not as I do not have access to salary cap finances of the South Sydney District Rugby League Football club.

It is still pie in the sky to think my club will release Tupou, a well established first grade winger, for Suaalii. In terms of recruitment it won't help as it would leave my club short in the outside backs, especially in 2022 as both Morris' will have retired, thus meaning they'd need to find a new winger then.

Additionally it also assumes that if the Roosters released Tupou that he would want to go to Souths. No one can say definitively that he would. My club could no more "force" him to than your club could.
You can have him in 2022 then mate no deal. We aren’t under cap pressure to let Sualii go early. In fact it’s not in our best interests to do so. Just like we have had to wait for Arrow you guys will have to suck it up and wait for Suaali.

I have not heard any media reports at all Souths are under cap pressure and why would we be when you look at GI and Sam having finished up and we’ve let Jet, Lowe and just recently Siro go as well amongst other fringe first graders.

We also had money set aside for Suaali so put 2 and 2 together and we clearly aren’t under cap pressure.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

Are your feelings hurt?
:cry:
:joy::joy::joy:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

So....pay up as we've asked.
Shouldn't be a problem since your club shows no loyalty to your players.
Watch Cordner get shafted, like Latrell, Flanagan, Sean Garlick, Bryan Fletcher, Peter Cusack.

When you think of Suaali, think of Adam Ritson, because EVERY team in the NRL gonna be gunning for him.

Better he goes to Rugby, where he knows the game, and is less of a target

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Well said cap space is no issue we’d have enough for Tupou......... I can’t see Easts doing it though so I guess they can wait an extra 12 months. As I’ve said before I don’t care if Sualii has to mow lawns for 12 months.
A player swap, by my thinking is just that - players.
We are not ending our contract with Suaali - just "loaning" him out until his contract ends.
Likewise, the Rorters would be just loaning Tupou out - but THEY continue to pay his contact.
Why should we incur a debt on our cap? Where's our benefit in that? They are gonna sign Suaali at least for Tupou's money, why should they get a bargain on their cap for one year?

Nah, we get a rental for a year, they get a rental for a year, then we are square.

Don't lose sight of the big prize, Brother. JAC in 2022.
We need the cap space for that. We don't want to be offering extended contracts to other guys who are not part of our make-up.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs demand Daniel Tupou in exchange for Suaalii release: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ra...hbw.html?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter

Absolutely love this from the club! Being ruthless and playing hardball just as we should. It also foils the Roosters plans which is a massive plus.

I'd love to get Tupou, would love it, but to be honest I can't see it happening. There's no way the Roosters would let go of Tupou (at least I don't think they would, especially not to us) and Tupou himself may not want to come here. God I'd love to see it though. He's exactluy the kindo of winger we need!

Keep playing hardball Keep playing hardball!!

From Fox Sports.

RABBITOHS SET TO LOCK UP LATRELL

South Sydney are set to secure the services of star fullback Latrell Mitchell and young forward Tevita Tatola, having announced a Keaon Koloamatangi extension on Monday.

The club will now look to lock up Mitchell and Tatola to long-term deals.

Talks continue between Souths and Mitchell’s manager, Matt Rose, while Tatola also comes off contract after next year and is looking at a new two or three-year deal.