What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Travitoh

First Grade
I am sure diehards of both clubs chat and have banter in the streets. At the games as well the atmosphere is always a notch up on other games.

I highlight this because it contradicts the war comparison. If the rivalry was anything like war, this would not happen.

I've been to Leeds v Bradford, Leeds v Huddersfield where the police literally need to sheppard one set of supporters away from the others while they both hurl objects at each other. I've been to Glasgow when the Old Firm played, felt the tension in the city and witnessed the ugliness of it in the streets. There is no banter or chat between the supporters.

What you describe is exactly what it is. A rivalry. And a great rivalry at that. There is history, emotion, betrayel, competition, it has it all. The biggest in the NRL, yes but war? Not even close. Nothing in Australia is close thankfully because it is a shit side of sport that really, is f**king dumb.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
David Nofoaluma is reportedly open to talking to other clubs for 2022 and beyond. Would be an outstanding signing, completing the back 3 if Souths could pull it off.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I highlight this because it contradicts the war comparison. If the rivalry was anything like war, this would not happen.

I've been to Leeds v Bradford, Leeds v Huddersfield where the police literally need to sheppard one set of supporters away from the others while they both hurl objects at each other. I've been to Glasgow when the Old Firm played, felt the tension in the city and witnessed the ugliness of it in the streets. There is no banter or chat between the supporters.

What you describe is exactly what it is. A rivalry. And a great rivalry at that. There is history, emotion, betrayel, competition, it has it all. The biggest in the NRL, yes but war? Not even close. Nothing in Australia is close thankfully because it is a shit side of sport that really, is f**king dumb.
Yeah has to be the tamest war in the history of civilisation.

You don't hate people because of their footy team unless you're some European bogan or come from Yugoslavia.

You want to see war on the field watch some of the Souths-Eels and Souths-Manly brawls in the 80s.

We have rivalries with a lot of clubs including St George and Manly

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Yeah has to be the tamest war in the history of civilisation.

You don't hate people because of their footy team unless you're some European bogan or come from Yugoslavia.

You want to see war on the field watch some of the Souths-Eels and Souths-Manly brawls in the 80s.

We have rivalries with a lot of clubs including St George and Manly
I remember going to a Souths v Manly match at Brookvale (not sure which year, ?1987) and when it broke out, it's was huge! Ian Roberts had Cliff Lyons pinned to the ground with his knees on Lyons' shoulders and absolutely pummled him. It'd be assault nowadays, but back then it was great! :joy:

Also saw live the Davidson-Roach punchup they sometimes on FOX. Man they were some HEAVY punches landed by both.

handyman2190

Bench
Hey Handy we all know that Latrell Junior and Jadyn are done and dusted! There are whispers that the mighty bunnies will be landing a pretty handy forward and a somewhat experienced back. Can't divulge my "sauce":laughing:
Come on brother mixo we are going nuts hearing everyone else signing players and nothing from us,give us a clue pls!!!

Mixo Joe

Juniors
Come on brother mixo we are going nuts hearing everyone else signing players and nothing from us,give us a clue pls!!!
Hey bro Handy I've been away for a few days. The clue was in the "sauce" but things have gone quiet now that JAC is back in the picture. :grinning::wink:

callmack1

Staff member
Here's the latest on Addo-Carr via Zero Tackle, jeez I hope it's true!

Rabbitohs back in the race for Storm star Addo-Carr

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are still in the hunt to sign Melbourne flyer Josh Addo-Carr for the 2022 season, per to The Daily Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield.

According to Rothfield’s sources, the Blues winger wants to play for the Rabbitohs along with close mates Cody Walker, Dane Gagai and Latrell Mitchell.

Addo-Carr was seen touring Belmore last week, with reports suggesting his trip to Canterbury was staged in an effort to warn Souths of serious interest away from Redfern.

The 25-year-old is understood to be happy to accept less money with the Rabbitohs, who will have 12 months to adjust their salary to accomodate Addo-Carr’s wages.

The Storm star will see out the 2021 season in Melbourne before likely moving home to Sydney, with Wests also joining Canterbury and South Sydney in pursuit for the speedster.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We don’t need more forwards really except one for depth.

I think we may be 1 good/great winger short in our squad. In big games in 2021 if we have AJ and Allan/Paulo on the wings I have doubts whether or not they can make really big metres like a Nofoaluma or Tupou for example.

I like Gagai on the wing but we don’t have a quality centre I don’t think to allow him to play wing. Burns is very injury prone and young Marsters needs big work on his defence,.

Tom
Cook
Tatola
Su’a
Murray
Arrow

Knight
Nicholls
Jed Cartwright
Koloamatangi

Sele
Host
Mago

I am sure we must have 1 or 2 young forwards coming through as well, I think Gardner is one and we have Tallis Duncan off the scum.