What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Galeforce

Bench
Well this aged well lol

Actually was not excited about getting Toupo , he would have made sense for one year contract 2021 , however would not have been happy for Souths to have given a longer contract to close it. Leaves Souths open to a JAC deal starting 2022.

As for Roosters , well if not Toupo , Roosters will be looking to get rid of someone else either for 2021 or 2022 to make way for Suaalii.If Suaalii is good enough to make wing , who are the Roosters putting into reserves ? Morris or Toups ? lol

If you believe Suaalii signing for half of Souths offer , you most likely still believe in Santa.

TIP -- you can quote me......Roosters to miss top 4 in 2021. The rot has begun.In fact I will add it to my signature and leave it there until season 2021 ends.

Hellray

Juniors
Yeah I believe we don’t need Toupo we need younger players. Save our cash for JAC but chase another forward.
Again without harping on it get a butcher back on the books, guler is off contract after this season, chase him and bring him home. Magoulias would be terrific even Max King he just needs some game time same as Schonig
Capewell just spent a month with Bennett has he recruited him perhaps?
A lot of options out there still for us

callmack1

Staff member
V’landys pushes for more ‘mini Bankwest stadiums’: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/25/vlandys-pushes-for-more-mini-bankwest-stadiums/

Suaalii tug-of-war over with South Sydney set to release star teen: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/su...set-to-release-star-teen-20201125-p56hqn.html

Looks like the Suaalii saga is finally coming to and end and he's going to f**k off. It's obviously not the way we all wanted it to go but it is what it is and honestly, the kid isn't the right fit for our club. This guy hasn't even played against men yet he has all of a sudden become one of my most hated playrs.

As I have said in the past, don't let the door hit you on the way out Joseph.

Anyway, onto better news, from Sporting News,

South Sydney Rabbitohs duo Latrell Mitchell and Junior Tatola reportedly set to re-sign on long-term deals

South Sydney Rabbitohs duo Latrell Mitchell and Junior Tatola are reportedly set to sign long-term contract extensions in the coming weeks, in a huge boost for the club.

Latrell had a bumpy season, but showed that he has what it takes to be an elite fullback in the NRL and will look to sure up his future before the end of the year.

The 23-year old finished the year with four tries and 11 try assists in 14 games, before succumbing to a hamstring injury that ended his season.

And according to senior reporter Dean Ritchie on the Big Sports Breakfast, the former Roosters premiership-winner will sign a new deal very soon.

“Latrell is in the midst of contract talks – the only sticking point is whether it is two or three years, or whether there is an option there for a third year, and who gets that option whether it’s the club or the player," he said.

"I don’t think there is any doubt Latrell will stay there. They had put about $500,000 aside for Suaalii, so once it was agreed upon that he wouldn’t be at Souths next year, that money was used elsewhere."

But the fullback isn't the only one who is set to stay at the Rabbitohs for the next few seasons.

After a breakout season in the front-row, Junior Tatola is eyeing off a new deal with the club as they begin negotiations with his management.

"Junior Tatola is another one - he had a big year this year, played 21 games and averaged 106m per game," Ritchie said.

"He’s looking at a two or three-year deal as well, and they have just started talks with Junior Tatola’s manager.

"Terrific player, and I think you will find in the next week or so – unless there is a major hiccup late – that Souths will be able to announce deals for Latrell and Junior that would keep them there up to potentially 2024."

It would be a huge boost for the Rabbitohs, who also re-signed local junior Keaon Koloamatangi until the end of 2023 on Monday.

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Releasing Suaalii is the right thing to do as a club. There is no benefit other than ego to hold him and keep him on the sideline. All that will do is create tension around the place and potentially turn other juniors against Souths.
The voice of reason on a biased partisan forum....
You may not always be liked by the partisans but you'll be respected.
Having said that, I personally wont be having "friendly conversations" with those Rorters, the sworn enemies for LIFE.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
V’landys pushes for more ‘mini Bankwest stadiums’: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/11/25/vlandys-pushes-for-more-mini-bankwest-stadiums/

Suaalii tug-of-war over with South Sydney set to release star teen: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/su...set-to-release-star-teen-20201125-p56hqn.html

Looks like the Suaalii saga is finally coming to and end and he's going to f**k off. It's obviously not the way we all wanted it to go but it is what it is and honestly, the kid isn't the right fit for our club. This guy hasn't even played against men yet he has all of a sudden become one of my most hated playrs.

As I have said in the past, don't let the door hit you on the way out Joseph.

Anyway, onto better news, from Sporting News,

South Sydney Rabbitohs duo Latrell Mitchell and Junior Tatola reportedly set to re-sign on long-term deals

South Sydney Rabbitohs duo Latrell Mitchell and Junior Tatola are reportedly set to sign long-term contract extensions in the coming weeks, in a huge boost for the club.

Latrell had a bumpy season, but showed that he has what it takes to be an elite fullback in the NRL and will look to sure up his future before the end of the year.

The 23-year old finished the year with four tries and 11 try assists in 14 games, before succumbing to a hamstring injury that ended his season.

And according to senior reporter Dean Ritchie on the Big Sports Breakfast, the former Roosters premiership-winner will sign a new deal very soon.

“Latrell is in the midst of contract talks – the only sticking point is whether it is two or three years, or whether there is an option there for a third year, and who gets that option whether it’s the club or the player," he said.

"I don’t think there is any doubt Latrell will stay there. They had put about $500,000 aside for Suaalii, so once it was agreed upon that he wouldn’t be at Souths next year, that money was used elsewhere."

But the fullback isn't the only one who is set to stay at the Rabbitohs for the next few seasons.

After a breakout season in the front-row, Junior Tatola is eyeing off a new deal with the club as they begin negotiations with his management.

"Junior Tatola is another one - he had a big year this year, played 21 games and averaged 106m per game," Ritchie said.

"He’s looking at a two or three-year deal as well, and they have just started talks with Junior Tatola’s manager.

"Terrific player, and I think you will find in the next week or so – unless there is a major hiccup late – that Souths will be able to announce deals for Latrell and Junior that would keep them there up to potentially 2024."

It would be a huge boost for the Rabbitohs, who also re-signed local junior Keaon Koloamatangi until the end of 2023 on Monday.
Honestly, if the "sticking point" for signing Latrell is 2 or 3 years - that is ridiculous.
Just do the deal, get it signed, give him 3 years.
We just capitulated with Suaali going to the Rorters, but we wanna play hard ball with Latrell who CHOSE to come to Souths, where he belongs?

Valheru

Coach
Actually was not excited about getting Toupo , he would have made sense for one year contract 2021 , however would not have been happy for Souths to have given a longer contract to close it. Leaves Souths open to a JAC deal starting 2022.

As for Roosters , well if not Toupo , Roosters will be looking to get rid of someone else either for 2021 or 2022 to make way for Suaalii.If Suaalii is good enough to make wing , who are the Roosters putting into reserves ? Morris or Toups ? lol

If you believe Suaalii signing for half of Souths offer , you most likely still believe in Santa.

TIP -- you can quote me......Roosters to miss top 4 in 2021. The rot has begun.In fact I will add it to my signature and leave it there until season 2021 ends.

Well I can see you are taking this well.

Suaali won't play next year unless injuries dictate it.

As for your prediction, it's not exactly going out on a limb.

NovoBunny94

Juniors

That is a big call. I believe they will (unfortunately) they have Sam Walker in the wings who is a gun, as well as established first graders like Tedesco, Keary, Tupou, Morris etc..
Who takes their place if they don’t make it?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Surely you don't count the forfeit in 1908?
Dude, your quoting history that's as old as your shriveled up d###.

Funny, how your mob of traitors claim to be "the oldest club in the NRL" but only wanna crow about games from 1975 onwards.

Your team is full of traitors
Tedesco - traitor
Keary - traitor
Cronk - traitor
Crichton - traitor
Suaali - traitor
Morris - traitor

Just to name a few.

Even sold out the NRL to join Murdoch's super league - the biggest act of treachery in history
SYDNEY Roosters? What a f###ing joke that is.

No wonder you are hated by every club in the NRL. SYDNEY hates your team

But what do you expect from a club that idolized the biggest traitor in NRL history - $BW - who got such a hiding from Ben Teo in 2014 he had to quit the game for 6 years hoping we'd forget the arse whipping that was dealt out to him that night?

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Dude, your quoting history that's as old as your shriveled up d###.

Funny, how your mob of traitors claim to be "the oldest club in the NRL" but only wanna crow about games from 1975 onwards.

Your team is full of traitors
Tedesco - traitor
Keary - traitor
Cronk - traitor
Crichton - traitor
Suaali - traitor
Morris - traitor

Just to name a few.

Even sold out the NRL to join Murdoch's super league - the biggest act of treachery in history
SYDNEY Roosters? What a f###ing joke that is.

No wonder you are hated by every club in the NRL. SYDNEY hates your team

But what do you expect from a club that idolized the biggest traitor in NRL history - $BW - who got such a hiding from Ben Teo in 2014 he had to quit the game for 6 years hoping we'd forget the arse whipping that was dealt out to him that night?

Surely even you see the irony in your first paragraph?

I would say that I am confident of being younger than you but you believe the roosters joined super league so maybe not.

The rest of your post is just drivel.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Ummm wot?
Yeah pretended to be loyal to Arthurson but made a side deal with Murdoch to steal the name SYDNEY, and try to steal our juniors when you hoped we'd get kicked out.

You even traitored your own territory and people who lives north of Alison Rd by dropping "Eastern Suburbs"

Honestly, how low can you go?

Latest posts