What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Just a rumour, where it originated from I don't know but given that the broncos are reported to be having a cleanout I can understand that Gagai might be on their radar.
Ok, I was just wondering if it was a new story or just the same one going around as before.

Kinda like "Shaun Johnson to the Rabbitohs" when now he is heavily linked to the Bulldogs.

Gagai definitely wants to stay with us, so its up to Solly and his "over 30s" policy.......

southsport

First Grade
Ok, I was just wondering if it was a new story or just the same one going around as before.

Kinda like "Shaun Johnson to the Rabbitohs" when now he is heavily linked to the Bulldogs.

Gagai definitely wants to stay with us, so its up to Solly and his "over 30s" policy.......
Souths management told me last week that Lachlan Ilias will be replacing Reyno so I'm not sure where the Shaun Johnson rumour eminated from?

callmack1

Staff member
I wouldn't complain too much if we offloaded Mansour but I highly doubt that is the case. He's actually been playing really well in NSW Cup and seems to have a good attitude. It's just that Milne is playing so well he doesn't deserved to be dropped and Mansour doesn't have a ay into the team currently.

southsport

First Grade
I wouldn't complain too much if we offloaded Mansour but I highly doubt that is the case. He's actually been playing really well in NSW Cup and seems to have a good attitude. It's just that Milne is playing so well he doesn't deserved to be dropped and Mansour doesn't have a ay into the team currently.
Mansour has an excellent attitude, there are areas of his game that he needs to work on though so let's hope that he gets it together.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Mansour has an excellent attitude, there are areas of his game that he needs to work on though so let's hope that he gets it together.
The thing is, at his age, how much can he improve by working on his game?
And that won't help him get speedier, just won't happen.

We'd be better off just going with Milne and Paulo and allowing them to improve and work on their games.

Not that it was a large amount, but it seems to me it was a waste of money. And it kinda blows that "we don't sign over 30s to more than one year" theory out of the water.

southsport

First Grade

We'd be better off just going with Milne and Paulo and allowing them to improve and work on their games.

Not that it was a large amount, but it seems to me it was a waste of money. And it kinda blows that "we don't sign over 30s to more than one year" theory out of the water.
Agree, it was a curious signing by Souths.

assess5

Juniors

You mean Milne and Johnston don't you? Is Paulo still with the Rabbits?

callmack1

Staff member

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
‘No regrets’ for Reynolds as switch to NRL’s worst team looms: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/114864fe28dd8a7c148aa741b5bef24c

Gotta admit, I'm pretty disappointed in Reyno for speaking so publicly about next year. You are currently playing for us and have a shot at winning the title, not to mention you're the captain. That is where your main focus should be.
In principal, I agree, so this is obviously an insight to how he is feeling about being "let go". He's pissed off big time

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths management told me last week that Lachlan Ilias will be replacing Reyno so I'm not sure where the Shaun Johnson rumour eminated from?
Can you see if you can find out if we are gonna keep Mark Nicholls please mate?

He is off contract and we need to keep him.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
NRL signing news: South Sydney re-sign Keaon Koloamatangi; Latrell Mitchell, Tevita Tatola

South’s rookie of the year has rejected outside interest to remain at Redfern for next three years as the club turns its attention to two big names.

Dean Ritchie
November 23, 2020 - 3:15PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-signing-news-south-sydney-resign-keaon-koloamatangi-latrell-mitchell-tevita-tatola/news-story/4f4838a73457b53d0ef6453d6b7cbd8a

He is South Sydney’s reigning rookie of the year who has now committed to the club long-term.

Rising forward Keaon Koloamatangi – already under contract for next season - has now signed a new two-year deal keeping him at Redfern until the end of 2023.

A Mascot Jets junior, Koloamatangi, 22, has played 14 NRL matches since making his debut against Melbourne Storm in round four this season. He is deemed a star of the future.

“I’m really happy to have my contract sorted. I don’t really see myself playing anywhere else. My heart is here at Souths,” Koloamatangi said.

I love the boys and the staff here and I feel that we can do something special in the next couple of years.

“It’s an amazing team we have here and the competition for spots in the forwards will help me improve my game, as well as make me a better player and better person.”

Rabbitohs head of football, Mark Ellison, said Koloamatangi worked tirelessly to not only make his debut but then retain his place in the top side for the rest of the season.

Koloamatangi’s retention comes as Souths kickstart formal contract negotiations with prop Junior Tatola while also closing in a new deal with star fullback Latrell Mitchell.

Ellison and Tatola’s manager, Isaac Moses, are in talks about extending for another two to three years. Discussed this year as a possible NSW bolter, Tatola is currently under contract at Redfern until the end of next season.

Auburn-born Tatola enjoyed a breakout season, playing 21 games this year and averaging 13 runs a game for 106 metres and 23 tackles.

Talks also continue between Souths and Mitchell’s manager, Matt Rose.

Like Tatola, Mitchell comes off after next year and is looking at a new deal spanning either two or three seasons.

Once the Mitchell deal is nailed down, Souths are then expected to release rising rugby union star Joseph Suaalii to the Sydney Roosters.
Always happy to see a local junior re-sign. Good to see at any club I say. Good on the young man.

Latest posts