What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Jim Rockford

Bench

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Too many people are obsessed with the 50 point hoodoo. Sooner or later someone is going to break it and we're in a good position to be that team. Makes laughing at those who have written us off that much sweeter.
Especially if Cleary's injury turns out to be serious or season ending. Without him, Penrith are gone, leaving us only the Storm to conquer (a formidable opponent, credit where it's due). Parramatta are nothing, and the Roosters probably not quite yet.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Especially if Cleary's injury turns out to be serious or season ending. Without him, Penrith are gone, leaving us only the Storm to conquer (a formidable opponent, credit where it's due). Parramatta are nothing, and the Roosters probably not quite yet.
Agree totally. Melbourne are pretty much the only thing (barring injuries) that can stop us breaking this hoodoo and claiming No.22. Will be a great way to send Reyno off.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I just watched the whole interview really enjoyed it re Reyno. He is such a humble and down to earth bloke and was great hearing his story and upbringing again I never get sick of hearing about that. I do not begrudge him going he has to do what’s right by his family and he tried to negotiate but Souths wouldn’t move off 1 guaranteed year. To all these guys calling Reyno a traitor I do not see it that way at all. I also would’ve done what was right by my family. It doesn’t mean Reyno doesn’t love Souths of course he loves Souths and always will. Just a massive shame that 2 years couldn’t be given.

And yep he would’ve taken 2 years. He said he doesn’t still fully get the reasons as to why and that it’s a strange one.

handyman2190

Bench
I just watched the whole interview really enjoyed it re Reyno. He is such a humble and down to earth bloke and was great hearing his story and upbringing again I never get sick of hearing about that. I do not begrudge him going he has to do what’s right by his family and he tried to negotiate but Souths wouldn’t move off 1 guaranteed year. To all these guys calling Reyno a traitor I do not see it that way at all. I also would’ve done what was right by my family. It doesn’t mean Reyno doesn’t love Souths of course he loves Souths and always will. Just a massive shame that 2 years couldn’t be given.

And yep he would’ve taken 2 years. He said he doesn’t still fully get the reasons as to why and that it’s a strange one.

Look its a crying shame he is gone.
But, for a long time we have paid and looked after AR, through thick and thin he has recieved his pay.
The last contract was a 4year deal at 3m dollars, i dont know but i wish i recieved this sort of pay day,that alone should pay off or buy a nice house and fix his family up, thats not including money he made prior. So when he or anyone says ive got to look after my family, i would have thought you had already done that, its more money i or 90% would earn in their working life.
It gets to the stage were after being stung 3 times in 3 years a club has to start looking after its business and getting its succession plan going. So WE offered him a yearly deal at good money, same as what he has accepted but as i and many see it, its all about money with no thought of the club at all, there comes an age were his pay starts to drop, lets say his next deal for 23 would be 500k then for 24 perhaps 400k etc and thats what he didnt want, unlike sutto who gave back,he didnt want to, now if he loved the club,like some are saying, why not give back?
Some will get upsett i say this, but its the truth.
He looked after his pocket,his mger helped, and i dont care what others say,Bennet has screwed us, advising AR and Sua and god knows probably gagai to get better deals elsewhere,which just happens to be at the broncos.
Show me who he actually brought to us apart from roberts who has become a car park for his jet. Sua is actually heading st george way because broncs signed capewell

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Look its a crying shame he is gone.
But, for a long time we have paid and looked after AR, through thick and thin he has recieved his pay.
The last contract was a 4year deal at 3m dollars, i dont know but i wish i recieved this sort of pay day,that alone should pay off or buy a nice house and fix his family up, thats not including money he made prior. So when he or anyone says ive got to look after my family, i would have thought you had already done that, its more money i or 90% would earn in their working life.
It gets to the stage were after being stung 3 times in 3 years a club has to start looking after its business and getting its succession plan going. So WE offered him a yearly deal at good money, same as what he has accepted but as i and many see it, its all about money with no thought of the club at all, there comes an age were his pay starts to drop, lets say his next deal for 23 would be 500k then for 24 perhaps 400k etc and thats what he didnt want, unlike sutto who gave back,he didnt want to, now if he loved the club,like some are saying, why not give back?
Some will get upsett i say this, but its the truth.
He looked after his pocket,his mger helped, and i dont care what others say,Bennet has screwed us, advising AR and Sua and god knows probably gagai to get better deals elsewhere,which just happens to be at the broncos.
Show me who he actually brought to us apart from roberts who has become a car park for his jet. Sua is actually heading st george way because broncs signed capewell
I don’t think it was about money, I think it was about length of contract. He said he’d have stayed at Souths if we gave him 2 years. If he takes the one year and gets an injury then Souths tell him you can go then it looks like Reyno made the wrong choice and should’ve taken a longer deal.

He is 30 mate not 33 or 34 and if I were in his shoes I wouldn’t have accepted the one year either I’d have wanted 2 years also and wouldn’t have accepted anything less.

The point is Souths poor cap management is why we are likely to lose all 3 of them, Knight is on overs a bad decision and we paid overs for Arrow too and must have a couple of others on overs also.

Jim Rockford

Bench
I don’t think it was about money, I think it was about length of contract. He said he’d have stayed at Souths if we gave him 2 years. If he takes the one year and gets an injury then Souths tell him you can go then it looks like Reyno made the wrong choice and should’ve taken a longer deal.
You're absolutely right R20. It wasn't the money it was the security of a longer contract. He was doing the smart thing and obviously felt like he had earned the right to ask the club to look after him. Most clubs would have rewarded a loyal and talented player like him regardless if they had young guns waiting in the wings. Other players would look and say "Ïf they are prepared to do that to Reyno, what would they do to me?"

Rabbits20

Immortal
You're absolutely right R20. It wasn't the money it was the security of a longer contract. He was doing the smart thing and obviously felt like he had earned the right to ask the club to look after him. Most clubs would have rewarded a loyal and talented player like him regardless if they had young guns waiting in the wings. Other players would look and say "Ïf they are prepared to do that to Reyno, what would they do to me?"
Bingo you’ve nailed it.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Bingo you’ve nailed it.
Fellas, there's no point explaining logic to someone who thinks it's all a conspiracy, believes JFK was assassinated by LBJ, the toothfairy puts money under your pillow, and there is a group of baby-eating vampires in Washington.

And told us Sua was being told by Bennett to sign with the Broncos, but Bennett has now changed his mind and got Sua to sign a contract with St.George

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Fellas, there's no point explaining logic to someone who thinks it's all a conspiracy, believes JFK was assassinated by LBJ, the toothfairy puts money under your pillow, and there is a group of baby-eating vampires in Washington.

And told us Sua was being told by Bennett to sign with the Broncos, but Bennett has now changed his mind and got Sua to sign a contract with St.George
Sua was told broncos were a good fit for him,its on public record,read the news. The news now, and i didnt say bennet, is that because the broncos have signed capewell they have cooled on sua and merge is going hard for him, i didnt say he had signed a contract, thats just your flawed perception and age, lol this if you look is on public news. But it dosent matter what i say, and most of what you say i believe, i dont, you would take great happiness in bagging me, and if you feel good saying it well its your flawed opinion,go ahead, brother, we will look and read your flawed logic and laugh.

CAFPOW

Juniors
If our off contract players Dargan, Marshall, Hawkins, Moga and Su'a leave at the end of the season. Souths should hurry and sign Heilum Luki and Murray Taulagi from the Cowboys. But with our recruitment luck, we might end up signing Matt Moylan, Israel Folau or a player 1 HIA away from retirement instead.