What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Jim Rockford

Bench
Listen or do you have a touch of altzhimers as well as dementia, im saying stop your stupid nick nakkery and tell ur B chum to stop and i will as well, i rather prefer talking footy with the rest of my true supporter compatriots than all this useless garbage u come up with
It's alzheimers you unbelievable moron. As for your "true supporter compatriots" , if they are as mentally deficient as you I can only imagine what that conversation looks like.

handyman2190

Bench
It's alzheimers you unbelievable moron. As for your "true supporter compatriots" , if they are as mentally deficient as you I can only imagine what that conversation looks like.
The moron is you, who shows his mental deficiencies by continuing to argue, make rude comments instead of just shutting the F up, ive offered to stop so many times ive lost count you traitorous dog and you wont shut up and take the hint so maybe you just dont have the intelect to stop, or your enjoying this ,your life must verge on the mundane, and you highlighting my spelling is the only satisfaction in your life,moron

BradS

Juniors
Reality is that players were offered deals and chose to look for the glory deal

what happens when Reyno breaks down in Bris? Then they have to take the hit with the cap. Gagai the same

look at the potential lineup next year

Mitchell AJ Campbell Milne Jaxon taafe walker (hb) Murray (c) arrow keon burgess cook tatola nicho sele host Gardner
Plus mamezolos ilias Mundine moale burns hawkins

why is everyone panicking? Look at the team potential and there will be some inclusions but we have to have space to retain latrell if he keeps improving + have cash to entice the next big player to fit the roster

the club and management are in good shape, maybe we are learning to be professional as a club and that may mean not pandering to guys at the end of their careers. If it was good enough for Sutto then it should be the same for others

we used to get slagged for buying players past their time, Adam Muir, Bryan Fletcher, Shannon Hegarty, etc. and where did they get the club...... 0

Jim Rockford

Bench
The moron is you, who shows his mental deficiencies by continuing to argue, make rude comments instead of just shutting the F up, ive offered to stop so many times ive lost count you traitorous dog and you wont shut up and take the hint so maybe you just dont have the intelect to stop, or your enjoying this ,your life must verge on the mundane, and you highlighting my spelling is the only satisfaction in your life,moron
Nice try Skeezix. I was leaving you alone you cretin and you are the one who started up again on me. As for you questioning my intelligence, you'll notice my posts aren't littered with basic spelling errors like each and every one of yours. Keep trying though, you're just making yourself look more and more remedial with every post you make.

southsport

First Grade
Reality is that players were offered deals and chose to look for the glory deal

what happens when Reyno breaks down in Bris? Then they have to take the hit with the cap. Gagai the same

look at the potential lineup next year

Mitchell AJ Campbell Milne Jaxon taafe walker (hb) Murray (c) arrow keon burgess cook tatola nicho sele host Gardner
Plus mamezolos ilias Mundine moale burns hawkins

why is everyone panicking? Look at the team potential and there will be some inclusions but we have to have space to retain latrell if he keeps improving + have cash to entice the next big player to fit the roster

the club and management are in good shape, maybe we are learning to be professional as a club and that may mean not pandering to guys at the end of their careers. If it was good enough for Sutto then it should be the same for others

we used to get slagged for buying players past their time, Adam Muir, Bryan Fletcher, Shannon Hegarty, etc. and where did they get the club...... 0
Good post, hard to find fault with what you said there.

handyman2190

Bench
Nice try Skeezix. I was leaving you alone you cretin and you are the one who started up again on me. As for you questioning my intelligence, you'll notice my posts aren't littered with basic spelling errors like each and every one of yours. Keep trying though, you're just making yourself look more and more remedial with every post you make.
Dementiad donkey jocky moron lol

callmack1

Staff member
Enough of this please guys. I get we're all passionate, and there's a lot going on right now but that is no excuse to carry on like this. Ignore each other or sort it out in PM's/

This is the second time I have had to warn the same posters. We're all grown men here and I shouldn't have to do it again.

Final decision on World Cup expected next week: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/07/23/final-decision-on-world-cup-expected-next-week/

Travitoh

First Grade
As I said earlier, we have Melbourne standing in the way that is a big problem. I'd rather be in our shoes, than the rest of the other teams, so the answer to your question is - the same.
So if signing a player is meant to improve a team, the signing of Latrell is a fail.

Hypothetically speaking, if Latrell doesn't get signed, one of Doueihi, Allan or Ta'affe are at FB on much less money and Souths are much more likely to be able to re-sign one or both of Reynolds and Gagai, extending the potential premiership window.

So while this season we may be as likely to win a premiership as we were 2 years ago, next season our chances will fall off a cliff.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
So if signing a player is meant to improve a team, the signing of Latrell is a fail.

Hypothetically speaking, if Latrell doesn't get signed, one of Doueihi, Allan or Ta'affe are at FB on much less money and Souths are much more likely to be able to re-sign one or both of Reynolds and Gagai, extending the potential premiership window.

So while this season we may be as likely to win a premiership as we were 2 years ago, next season our chances will fall off a cliff.
No its not a fail, having Latrell has meant that our attack and backline is the most potent it has ever been. Signing Latrell has been an epic pass, because that attack, especially the left side, when fully healthy and all present, is almost unstoppable.

It is our forward pack that does not match up to the 2014 pack, or the Melbourne pack - this, the decline of Cook, the MIA Sua, the non-existent Cartwright, the disappointment and unavailability of Knight, the exit of a declined George Burgess, the loss of a true ball-playing forward in Sutton, the irreplaceability of Sam Burgess especially - this is where the differences lay, and where our chances lay.

I can see a strategy in place - we don't have the pack that can dominate the best packs, so the answer is to have the best backline, ability to score more points than anyone else, and use the new rule changes to our advantage by making the pack more mobile, but the consequence is less physically dominant. Whether it works.....we will see.

Not signing Latrell and keeping the others doesn't extend our potential premiership window because it doesn't address the issue of our forward pack being able to match up with Melbourne's pack. I believe this is the key factor - matchup.

The last statement - well this is up to the front office to make those decisions, and accept the consequences either way

Last edited:

Jim Rockford

Bench

Here we go again. Those who wanted Reyno gone told us it was because we had the juniors to replace him. Now you're saying it's because Trell took up the money we could have given him. I really wish you guys would have a conference call and get your stories straight. It's hard to debate when one side keeps shifting their story around so much.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Put it this way, which of these two would you prefer:

G.Burgess, I.Luke, D.Tyrell, B.Te'o, J.Sutton, S.Burgess

or

M.Nicholls, D.Cook, J.Tatola, K.Koloamatangi, J.Sua, C.Murray

??

Travitoh

First Grade
No its not a fail, having Latrell has meant that our attack and backline is the most potent it has ever been. Signing Latrell has been an epic pass, because that attack, especially the left side, when fully healthy and all present, is almost unstoppable.

It is our forward pack that does not match up to the 2014 pack, or the Melbourne pack - this, the decline of Cook, the MIA Sua, the non-existent Cartwright, the disappointment and unavailability of Knight, the exit of a declined George Burgess, the loss of a true ball-playing forward in Sutton, the irreplaceability of Sam Burgess especially - this is where the differences lay, and where our chances lay.

I can see a strategy in place - we don't have the pack that can dominate the best packs, so the answer is to have the best backline, ability to score more points than anyone else, and use the new rule changes to our advantage by making the pack more mobile, but the consequence is less physically dominant. Whether it works.....we will see.

Not signing Latrell and keeping the others doesn't extend our potential premiership window because it doesn't address the issue of our forward pack being able to match up with Melbourne's pack. I believe this is the key factor - matchup.

The last statement - well this is up to the front office to make those decisions, and accept the consequences either way
You mean the left hand side that has been a weapon since Seibold was coach, AJ played FB and Robert Jennings was 3rd in the comp for tries scored in 2019? Or the left hand side that took Souths from 6th to 4th in finals last season with Corey Allan at FB?

In your words, signing Latrell doesn't increase our chances of a premiership because he doesn't address the issue of our forward pack. I don't know why you compare the 2014 pack to todays because the game has changed so much. I agree that there is an issue of mobility in the Souths forward pack. As much work as Nicholls and Tom get through, i wouldn't play the two at the same time. Instead I'd go for Arrow or Koloamatangi partnering them. But there hasnt been a defensively capable edge forward to allow that. Knight hasn't adapted to changes, Cartwright hasn't happened as a signing. Of the losses you mention, Sutton is the one that hurts most IMO. George was already struggling before he left and Sam would still be serviceable but not as effective as he was in 2014.

Travitoh

First Grade
Here we go again. Those who wanted Reyno gone told us it was because we had the juniors to replace him. Now you're saying it's because Trell took up the money we could have given him. I really wish you guys would have a conference call and get your stories straight. It's hard to debate when one side keeps shifting their story around so much.
But i didn't want Reynolds gone?

Travitoh

First Grade
Put it this way, which of these two would you prefer:

G.Burgess, I.Luke, D.Tyrell, B.Te'o, J.Sutton, S.Burgess

or

M.Nicholls, D.Cook, J.Tatola, K.Koloamatangi, J.Sua, C.Murray

??
Today or in 2014? And why isn't Tom starting ahead of Nicholls or Tatola?

If I'm to combine the two you've named, I'd go 8 Sam 9 Luke 10 Koloamatangi 11 Te'o 12 Sutton 13 Murray

Would even consider Te'o through the middle.

Each pack as named, I'd take todays. George, Sam and Tyrrell would be destroyed in today's game as a middle 3.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Today or in 2014? And why isn't Tom starting ahead of Nicholls or Tatola?

If I'm to combine the two you've named, I'd go 8 Sam 9 Luke 10 Koloamatangi 11 Te'o 12 Sutton 13 Murray

Would even consider Te'o through the middle.

Each pack as named, I'd take todays. George, Sam and Tyrrell would be destroyed in today's game as a middle 3.
Tom has played off the bench, but if it makes you happy, you can substitute him into the starting line up.

Obviously if we were to combine the two, I'd have no argument with your selection, but that isn't the aim of this, it's a discussion about either or.

Teo in the middle was never mentioned or discussed.

This is about head-to-head matchup. Your last statement is subjective, but I'm talking about physical dominance. "Destroyed" with Sam, George, and Isaac? I think you discount the possibility of the destruction these 3 would be reeking on the opposition, and the gas that would take out of the opposition.

Isaac was every bit as mobile as Cook, but a much more physical presence who has one thing Cook has never had - the ability to score from dummy half on the opposition try line.

If you are so focused on mobility and athletic ability, how does that explain the dominance of the Melbourne pack, when I wouldn't think that term could be used to describe almost any of the starters?

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
You mean the left hand side that has been a weapon since Seibold was coach, AJ played FB and Robert Jennings was 3rd in the comp for tries scored in 2019? Or the left hand side that took Souths from 6th to 4th in finals last season with Corey Allan at FB?

In your words, signing Latrell doesn't increase our chances of a premiership because he doesn't address the issue of our forward pack. I don't know why you compare the 2014 pack to todays because the game has changed so much. I agree that there is an issue of mobility in the Souths forward pack. As much work as Nicholls and Tom get through, i wouldn't play the two at the same time. Instead I'd go for Arrow or Koloamatangi partnering them. But there hasnt been a defensively capable edge forward to allow that. Knight hasn't adapted to changes, Cartwright hasn't happened as a signing. Of the losses you mention, Sutton is the one that hurts most IMO. George was already struggling before he left and Sam would still be serviceable but not as effective as he was in 2014.
Robert Jennings was 2018 - the year Seibold was coach - and criticized that his attack was too structured and predictable, and unable to score points in the finals.

Corey Allen responsible from Souths going from 6th to 4th? 😂

How much further could Souths have gone if Latrell was present, and Paulo hadn't fallen on him, and putting him out for the rest of the season?
We will never know BUT, a conveniently excluded fact.....

handyman2190

Bench
If u dont like it.....leave,this is an opinions based forum were all can have views

Latest posts