What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
Fair enough. I just think that using that term is taking things too far and joke or not it will only make Handy think he is justified in it's use.
I told you and callmak said to stop,so i say again do not refer to me again you scumi am entitled to my opinion,and whilst i agree 1 year deals are unfair, reynolds was offered better money,im sick of trying to educate the uneducatable just F off and leave me alone cretin

callmack1

Staff member
From News Corp, loving this attitude from Cody!

Cody Walker puts contract talks on hold as Rabbitohs chase title

A tearaway leader in try assists in the NRL, South Sydney’s star five-eighth is off contract at the end of next season.

Cody Walker has put off contract talks with the South Sydney Rabbitohs, telling his manager and club officials: “Let’s win a premiership first.”

While so many other NRL stars are unsettled and dominating back pages around their futures, Walker is determined that nothing will disturb or get in the way of his campaign to win the comp.

The five-eighth is off contract at the end of next season but has told his adviser Matt Rose and agent Warwick Wright not to open any negotiations until October.

“We really appreciate Cody’s focus on winning the premiership this year,” Souths CEO Blake Solly said. “That’s shared by everyone at the club through Wayne and everyone in the playing group.

“He and Latrell are crucial to us winning it and they’ve made a commitment to each other and the squad that they want to do it this year.”

Walker’s previous contract negotiations at Souths created blazing headlines and a bitter falling out with Souths’ former general manager Shane Richardson, playing out intensely in media for months.

“No one wants to rush it,” Solly said.

“Because he started a bit later he hasn’t been as bashed around as other players. (Walker, 31, has played only six seasons and 133 games.)

“He’s still really fit and trains really hard. We see Cody at the club long term, well beyond his playing days.”

Walker has had another sensational season for the Rabbitohs. He is a tearaway leader of try assists in the competition with 23 – seven clear of Jahrome Hughes, Sam Walker, Tom Trbojevic and Clint Gutherson.

But it is his off-field influence that has been equally as impressive.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Win a premiership = Cody's value increases. He's not daft and knows how to 'play the game', as is his right to do so.

Reading between the lines, initial discussions may be promising.
That's somewhat cynical. I prefer to believe that Cody knows he only has so many years left to win a premiership and wants to make the most of this opportunity currently before him.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
He's doing right by the club. Let's just hope the club do right by him.
Hope so.

Just explain it for me this paragraph:

"Walker’s previous contract negotiations at Souths created blazing headlines and a bitter falling out with Souths’ former general manager Shane Richardson, playing out intensely in media for months."

I remember it taking a while to sign, but I don't remember it causing "blazing headlines" and I don't remember anything about Richo in this.

What's all this about?

Jim Rockford

Bench
Hope so.

Just explain it for me this paragraph:

"Walker’s previous contract negotiations at Souths created blazing headlines and a bitter falling out with Souths’ former general manager Shane Richardson, playing out intensely in media for months."

I remember it taking a while to sign, but I don't remember it causing "blazing headlines" and I don't remember anything about Richo in this.

What's all this about?
Mate, I was a little confused by that too. I honestly don't remember a falling out with Richo or "blazing headlines" either, perhaps someone else can shed some light on this.

handyman2190

Bench
I dont know if anyone noticed,paulo, ive bagged him repeatedly, but, he has put on bulk,i think he has even got taller, and on the weekend actually powered over for his try, unlike previous times were he seemed timid, maybe he is starting to learn and evolve, i sure hope so,go paulo

southsport

First Grade
I dont know if anyone noticed,paulo, ive bagged him repeatedly, but, he has put on bulk,i think he has even got taller, and on the weekend actually powered over for his try, unlike previous times were he seemed timid, maybe he is starting to learn and evolve, i sure hope so,go paulo
Let's hope he is good enough to become a regular in the top grade.

callmack1

Staff member
Cody Walker Nominated for the 2021 Ken Stephen Medal: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/26/cody-walker-nominated-for-the-2021-ken-stephen-medal/

Huge congrats to Cody on being nominated!! Everyone go vote for him! I just did.

In other news,

This is from Fox Sports,

MILFORD SET TO WEIGH UP APPROACHES FROM RABBITOHS AND TITANS

Unwanted Broncos playmaker Anthony Milford is set to decide between approaches from the Rabbitohs and the Titans in a bid to resurrect his NRL career.

Milford was shown the door by the Broncos with his $1 million a season deal set to expire at the end of 2021 and he had been linked with a short-term deal with the Eels for the remainder of the season.

However Fox league’s James Hooper revealed that the Rabbitohs will make a play for the 27-year-old with the money freed up by Dane Gagai’s departure to join the Knights on a three-year deal.

“We saw Dane Gagai is moving to the Newcastle Knights and as we know there is always a domino effect when someone makes a decision like that,” Hooper said on The Big League Wrap.

“So the Bunnies will definitely make a play to try and bring Anthony Milford to Redfern for next season.

“He would play in the halves with Cody Walker.

“The Gold Coast are also in there as well at the negotiating table, so he has got a decision to make.

“But it looks as though Anthony Milford will get an opportunity in the NRL definitely next season.”

Milford has a history with former Broncos assistant and Rabbitohs head coach as of next year Jason Demetriou.

The Samoan international has played seven Tests, two Origins for Queensland and has 68 tries and 358 points in 189 NRL games for the Raiders and Broncos since his debut in 2013.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Cody Walker Nominated for the 2021 Ken Stephen Medal: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/07/26/cody-walker-nominated-for-the-2021-ken-stephen-medal/

Huge congrats to Cody on being nominated!! Everyone go vote for him! I just did.

In other news,

This is from Fox Sports,

MILFORD SET TO WEIGH UP APPROACHES FROM RABBITOHS AND TITANS

Unwanted Broncos playmaker Anthony Milford is set to decide between approaches from the Rabbitohs and the Titans in a bid to resurrect his NRL career.

Milford was shown the door by the Broncos with his $1 million a season deal set to expire at the end of 2021 and he had been linked with a short-term deal with the Eels for the remainder of the season.

However Fox league’s James Hooper revealed that the Rabbitohs will make a play for the 27-year-old with the money freed up by Dane Gagai’s departure to join the Knights on a three-year deal.

“We saw Dane Gagai is moving to the Newcastle Knights and as we know there is always a domino effect when someone makes a decision like that,” Hooper said on The Big League Wrap.

“So the Bunnies will definitely make a play to try and bring Anthony Milford to Redfern for next season.

“He would play in the halves with Cody Walker.

“The Gold Coast are also in there as well at the negotiating table, so he has got a decision to make.

“But it looks as though Anthony Milford will get an opportunity in the NRL definitely next season.”

Milford has a history with former Broncos assistant and Rabbitohs head coach as of next year Jason Demetriou.

The Samoan international has played seven Tests, two Origins for Queensland and has 68 tries and 358 points in 189 NRL games for the Raiders and Broncos since his debut in 2013.
Go the Titans

Latest posts