What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

handyman2190

Bench
A GF t shirt? We ordered ours in the early hours of Saturday morning after the game as we knew they’d go like hot cakes.
After your first post i went straight there they were all o/s
Ive been trying finally got 1 for me and missus but couldnt get for my kids

Rabbits20

Immortal
Was there any shadow of doubt that noone especially pimple chin has been cleared to play, yesterday they lay over the storm players and got away with it, i think there was 1 6 again, and you cant tell me they dont jump early at the ruck to tackle, they are dirty cheets.
Its going to be a difficult ask
You know what handy we gotta get down and dirty keep holding in the ruck stand offside like them....... they’ll put the whistle away so 2 can play at that game!

Rabbits20

Immortal
After your first post i went straight there they were all o/s
Ive been trying finally got 1 for me and missus but couldnt get for my kids
More were available at Midday yesterday and throughout the arvo and night if you check regularly. Not sure any are left now though

Rabbits20

Immortal
Has everyone seen the kick for goal after the to o try? Chin moved it in 10feet and the ref did nothing,the riff are bloody cheating dogs and its so sad they get away with it
Agree mate it’s disgraceful.

As is the fact Luai who looked so wobbly was allowed to return.

I hate they stay down on purpose clutching their neck just to get a free interchange it’s not in the spirit of the game.

callmack1

Staff member
From Fiji to UK - How Rabbitohs landed Bennett: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/from-fiji-to-uk-how-rabbitohs-landed-bennett-20210925-p58urq.html

‘I shot myself in the foot’ - How Crowe botched Bennett signing in secret Tinkler meeting: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...n-secret-tinkler-meeting-20210926-p58uwa.html

From the Daily Telegraph,

Sam Burgess’ star turn on SAS Australia had raised questions about his medically forced retirement from the NRL, but the Englishman has fired back at the critics.

Sam Burgess has come out swinging in defence of accusations his stunning performance on SAS Australia raises questions about his medically forced NRL retirement.

Burgess, 32, has stunned viewers of the hit reality TV show with his remarkable physical recovery two years after chronic shoulder issues forced him to quit one season into a four-year contract.

It’s led to suggestions that there may have been something dodgy about Burgess’ retirement that ultimately saw his $1 million-a-season wage wiped off South Sydney’s salary cap.

But the English enforcer has slammed those claims, adamant “there is nothing to hide … there is no salary cap evasion”.

And with that he opened up with his most revealing interview yet about the unbearable pain that led to his shock retirement in 2019.
Burgess was also backed up by one of Australia’s top shoulder surgeons, Dr Daniel Biggs, who told News Corp “there was no way” Burgess could have continued playing.

“He needed to retire on medical grounds,” Dr Biggs said, adding the fact Burgess even managed to survive his final season spoke of an incredible pain threshold.

“Most people turn up for treatment far, far earlier than he did.Burgess knew he had a problem just six rounds into the 2019 season.

“I was laying with my daughter in bed putting her to sleep and my entire arm went numb,” Burgess said.

“I couldn’t feel it. I knew it was not normal but I am thinking nerve pain, whatever. I told my doctor and we tried to figure out a way to get me through.”

Initially, the plan was to get Burgess in for a shoulder clean-out after round 12 but that meant he still had to get through six games with a shoulder that was rapidly deteriorating with almost unbearable pain.

He recalls playing against Canberra in round 10 and he gave away five penalties.

“I was frustrated,” he said. “I was getting angry … because I couldn’t be who I normally was. My whole left arm had no power in it

But after two games back, Burgess knew in his heart that he was a shadow of the player he once was. He continued until the Rabbitohs were knocked out in the preliminary final, but Burgess concedes he was gone long before then.

“I knew I couldn’t perform,” he said. “I was so ineffective.

“I wasn’t worth $1 million anymore. I couldn’t do my job. I didn’t want to tell anyone because I didn’t want to make it an emotional thing.

“Up until I got injured I’d scored seven tries in the first eight rounds or something like that, I was flying. I had so much left in me.

“So it was the last thing I wanted to do, retire.

big hit!

Bench
Has everyone seen the kick for goal after the to o try? Chin moved it in 10feet and the ref did nothing,the riff are bloody cheating dogs and its so sad they get away with it

this such a nothing. no, it wasn't directly in-line, but f**k me, lucky if it was 5 metres. Teams are attempting to bend the rules every tackle, some are being pinged, many others aren't.

question has to be asked, what do linesmen do these days, apart from pulling their shorts up past their navel, and suggesting the ref go to a replay because he has no idea? linesman should've taken the spot for Sutton to mark before running towards the goal. f**k knows how hard the NRL have already made it for refs to make an interpretation on every single play. linesmen should be assisting procedural shit like kicks for goal.

handyman2190

Bench
this such a nothing. no, it wasn't directly in-line, but f**k me, lucky if it was 5 metres. Teams are attempting to bend the rules every tackle, some are being pinged, many others aren't.

question has to be asked, what do linesmen do these days, apart from pulling their shorts up past their navel, and suggesting the ref go to a replay because he has no idea? linesman should've taken the spot for Sutton to mark before running towards the goal. f**k knows how hard the NRL have already made it for refs to make an interpretation on every single play. linesmen should be assisting procedural shit like kicks for goal.
5 mtrs is 5 mtrs and is cheating,riff did it and it was estimated at 10m
They grab necks close to the posts they rort the rules whenever they can,if you cant win it fair then whats the joy knowing you cheated to win

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
And the Chin is a koala.

Everyone who follows footy knows he is a protected species.

If we are out of it with 5 mins to go, Souths should put the "Henry" on and break his jaw

Stubby

Juniors
I cannot justify that remember the number of premierships the riff have won can be counted on one hand we should feel sorry for them remember the days Souths would go the Penrith park and belt them with Tim sheens playing in the front row they haven’t come very far and even if they beat on Sunday which I hope they don’t they are not in our class we are the pride of the league and they are nobody’s

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I cannot justify that remember the number of premierships the riff have won can be counted on one hand we should feel sorry for them remember the days Souths would go the Penrith park and belt them with Tim sheens playing in the front row they haven’t come very far and even if they beat on Sunday which I hope they don’t they are not in our class we are the pride of the league and they are nobody’s
fair enough

But I still like the idea of the "Henry" 🤣 🤣

Robbie 12

Juniors

I think we dont need linesmen, just in goal touch judges, they can stay in the goals (the whole time) when they do the conversions for a try (goals kicks), for me they are totally hopeless

they should be calling forward passes and they dont, they stand in line with the play for what ?

busy having a chat to the cheer leaders, what else could they be doing not refereeing the game,

the nrl really need to look into the services of the lines man,

I attended a few games before covid, and was inline with the lines men, while sitting in the grandstand, with some forward passes that were never called, the coward screaming at the lines men to call the forward passes, which he never called ....if they cant call what they see, then they shouldnt be there.

Latest posts