What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Hellray

Juniors
I wonder if we would consider bringing back Gabe Hamlin
He was highly touted before his English mishap. But had rave reviews from the sharks at the beginning of this season

Rsag85

Bench
Your only allowed to have 4 development players

One of those next year would be

Te Hau, 18, is a fullback or winger that was identified through the Rabbitohs’ South-East Queensland Elite Player Development Satellite program in 2021. He has signed with the Club until the end of the 2024 season, starting on a development contract and progressing to a top 30 contract in the final two years of the agreement. Te Hau was named as the Queensland under 18s fullback earlier this year and is in line for selection in the Australian Schoolboys side to be named later in 2021

And I would think Tallis Duncan will be added to the list of 4

So don’t go by these stupid list on stupid websites, go by what is the official word on what the club says

Rsag85

Bench
If you put the development players in ,yes, but they are listed as development for now,that could and will change

yeah that’s the development list for season 2021 not for season 2022

Te Hau is part of the development list for season 2022 and that’s from the official Rabbitohs website but believe what you will

funny how fans keep saying we need more outside backs, you do know we only lost 3 in Gagai, Moga and Burns.

why is everyone so stressed?

handyman2190

Bench
yeah that’s the development list for season 2021 not for season 2022

Te Hau is part of the development list for season 2022 and that’s from the official Rabbitohs website but believe what you will

funny how fans keep saying we need more outside backs, you do know we only lost 3 in Gagai, Moga and Burns.

why is everyone so stressed?
Also marsters and the half we got from brisbane.
So thats 4 centres gone

Stubby

Juniors
I have read on a few forums that campbell graham can’t tackle my view is that he is a great defender not many get past him you must remember he had to tackle for two opposition always ran at Reynolds and he was our weak link

Your only allowed to have 4 development players

One of those next year would be

Te Hau, 18, is a fullback or winger that was identified through the Rabbitohs’ South-East Queensland Elite Player Development Satellite program in 2021. He has signed with the Club until the end of the 2024 season, starting on a development contract and progressing to a top 30 contract in the final two years of the agreement. Te Hau was named as the Queensland under 18s fullback earlier this year and is in line for selection in the Australian Schoolboys side to be named later in 2021

And I would think Tallis Duncan will be added to the list of 4

So don’t go by these stupid list on stupid websites, go by what is the official word on what the club says
Clubs can sign up to 6 development players as these contracts replaced the second tier contracts - I don't think any club has signed 6 of these players though in any given season since these types of contracts came into being.

Clubs also sign players to extended bench contracts for when injuries hit

southsport

First Grade
If we don't sign anyone of note it's not because there is nothing left in the kitty, it's because the players we are talking to are under contract and haven't been granted a release.