What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RLWC Womens Final - AUS 54-4 NZL @ Old Trafford

Who wins?

• Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zealand

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Australia v New Zealand
Old Trafford, Manchester

Saturday 19 November
1:15pm GMT UK (BBC, RLWC App)
11:15pm AEST QLD (Fox 502, Kayo)
Sunday 20 November
12:15am AEDT NSW/VIC/ACT (Fox 502, Kayo)
2:15am NZDT (Sparksport/Three)

Australia

Squad: 1. Kezie Apps 2. Sam Bremner 3. Ali Brigginshaw 4. Simaima Taufa 5. Isabelle Kelly 6. Emma Tonegato 8. Keeley Davis 9. Holli Wheeler 10. Julia Robinson 11. Jessica Sergis 12. Tarryn Aiken 13. Shaylee Bent 14. Lauren Brown 15. Jaime Chapman 16. Kennedy Cherrington 18. Yasmin Clydsdale 20. Caitlan Johnston 23. Shannon Mato 24. Evania Pelite

New Zealand

Squad: 1. Apii Nicholls 2. Katelyn Vaha'akolo 3. Autumn-Rain Stephens-Daly 4. Page Mcgregor 5. Madison Bartlett 7. Raecene McGregor 8. Mya Hill-Moana 9. Krystal Rota 10. Annetta Nuuausala 11. Roxy Murdoch 12. Amber Hall 13. Georgia Hale 14. Nita Maynard 15. Abigail Roache 16. Charlotte Scanlan 17. Christyl Stowers 18. Otesa Pule 23. Brianna Clark 24. Mele Hufanga

Referee: Belinda Sharpe
Sideline Officials: Wyatt Raymond, Darian Furner
Video Referee: Adam Gee

Head to head
24 matches
Australia 8, New Zealand 16

Last met

2021 RLWC Pool Match, York
Australia 10 def New Zealand 8

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
That numbering is really crap, when you only know a few players.........

Deadset who thought that shyte up.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
This one is going to be close.
I have heard rumours that all is not happy days in the Australian camp. A certain half back is being pushy and demanding and the coach is giving in. Even though she is a media darling she has been useless in the last 2 seasons of NRLW and I would not have picked her in the touring squad let alone as captain.
The Australian's are predominantly professional and will go about their job as best they can, but if they don't the fall out could be interesting

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Who should be halfback? Seriously I would not know.

I only know these players

1. Kezie Apps
3. Ali Brigginshaw
5. Isabelle Kelly
11. Jessica Sergis

1. Apii Nicholls
3. Autumn-Rain Stephens-Daly (only cause her silly name stood out in a game I watched)

mxlegend99

Referee
Australian womens team look good so far. Goal kicking might cost them if New Zealand mount a comeback. But strong defensively and pretty high skill levels in attack.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
20-0 Australia - half time

Will take a huge comeback.

Putting the pressure on the men.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Brigginshaw WoM.

Kelly x2, Sergis x2

32-0 54 mins.

Game Over, the men's team watching.

mxlegend99

Referee
Phenomenal team performance by the Aussie womans side. Some fantastic tries with a fair bit of skill on show.

But their defence is really what's most impressive. At different periods of the game New Zealand had great attacking opportunities and Australia just kept holding them out.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I could not have been more wrong :) .
Australia very dominant, I think they got away with alot but you take what you can get.
They shut down NZ's right side very well I was just surprised how poor the NZ defence was. ITs been pretty good all tournament, but in this game it was terrible.
As much as I think she is well past her use by date, Brigginshaw had a good game, fist one she has had in 18 months, but she picked the right time

Latest posts