What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

imgunawin72

Juniors
Doesn't appear as though the weather will be letting off that much (except for Wednesday) will this weekend be cancelled across the grades in nswrl you think?
It’s very unlikely there will be any games this weekend, again I think they’ll be postponed.

Tigers1986

Juniors
No postponements this weekend I think, which is fantastic news for victims of the floods and those under threat of them.

Hoping to get out Lidcombe tomorrow to watch the Pies run around, or just go lazy and local and watch the Eagles vs Wenty up at Waminda.

MountainMan

Juniors
Great game between Mounties and Hills, top quality.The gap between the top teams of St Marys,Mounties,Hills,Wenty and Glebe to the rest is looking massive.
Back to back clobberings for Windsor is alarming.
After all the hype and virtually being full time since being in Australia, I expected a good showing from the Silktails who were down 52-0 before scoring a late try.
Things don't look like getting better for Wests when they play a red hot St Marys side next.
Is it a top 6 or top 8 finals series this season?

MountainMan

Juniors
Great game between Mounties and Hills, top quality.The gap between the top teams of St Marys,Mounties,Hills,Wenty and Glebe to the rest is looking massive.
Back to back clobberings for Windsor is alarming.
After all the hype and virtually being full time since being in Australia, I expected a good showing from the Silktails who were down 52-0 before scoring a late try.
Things don't look like getting better for Wests when they play a red hot St Marys side next.
Is it a top 6 or top 8 finals series this season?

Broncos93

Juniors
Haven't seen anything to suggest the finals format has changed.

After two matches it looks pretty clear there's a gap between those five teams you mentioned and the rest - so you'd think a top 5 or 6 format would be the best way forward.

But I'm sure we'll get the usual teams qualifying with 6 wins for the season.

imgunawin72

Juniors
It’s only early days, I’d like to see another 2 or 3 rounds played before I’d make any predictions on where different clubs will finish before the finals start.

TigerDen

Juniors
I believe that both RMC & SS are controlled by both a Salary Cap and a points system. The guidelines I have are dated 2017. Have these been updated?

rightleftin

Juniors
I believe that both RMC & SS are controlled by both a Salary Cap and a points system. The guidelines I have are dated 2017. Have these been updated?

There is a 2019 version on the net - dont know if that is current. The salary cap is largely irrelevant as it only applies to the regular season, and clubs can pay anything they like for finals matches and about 8 years ago they changed the system so that nearly all the teams make the finals.

rightleftin

Juniors
RMC

Windsor 30 Silktails 26
Wenty 30 Cabra 4
Hills 26 Glebe 24
Mounties 34 Blacktown 16
St Marys 58 Ryde Eastwood 16
Wests bye

I saw 4 of the 5 games, but no doubt the best was the remaining game where Hills overcame a half time deficit to Glebe, after a similar effort against Mounties last week to maintain their unbeaten record.

In the early game on Friday, Windsor were looking far too good for the Silktails, leading 24-6 at one stage. A silktails try just before half time lifted spirits and in the final 20 minutes the benefits of full time training finally showed its benefits as the Fijians stormed back into the game, but were unable to eliminate the points gap.

Wenty looked great while posting 3 tries in the first 10 minutes but errors allowed a very weak Cabra team to avoid a cricket score.

Similarly, Blacktown were dominant for the first 20 minutes and led 10-0 but Mounties gradually settled and ground their opponents down.

St Marys look like they are playing in a different competition, giving their much bigger opponents a flogging, despite the absence of Luke Naduralato, Trent Toelau, Alec Susino and Anton Aria, who were all required in NSW Cup this week. However, with quality replacements such as Maliko Falino, Marli Sini and Joe Tramontana, brought up from SS as well as Sam McKendry, who only lasted 10 minutes before surrendering to a leg injury, St Marys continued where they left off last week. It will take a superb effort to beat them, with Hills looking the best chance.

TigerDen

Juniors
There is a 2019 version on the net - dont know if that is current. The salary cap is largely irrelevant as it only applies to the regular season, and clubs can pay anything they like for finals matches and about 8 years ago they changed the system so that nearly all the teams make the finals.
Who is responsible for policing the points?

rightleftin

Juniors
Who is responsible for policing the points?

The NSWRL distributes to all clubs, the points allocated to every player in the competition. These are inserted on the team sheet and totalled. A copy of the sheet is given to the NSWRL ground manager and the manager of the opposing team. Years ago Erina was fined for exceeding the limit in a game - not sure why they were not stopped before the game started.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Illawarra Cup due to start this weekend according to the draws released earlier on (although the article says beginning of May - confused).

Latest posts