What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

MountainMan

Juniors
I think most clubs have 4-8 players each week that train in New South Wales Cup squads.

I'd say Hills' line-up is pretty strong in its own right before it gets handy back up from North Sydney. Dom Reardon, Shane Kiel, Leva Li, Nicholls/Lewis + the most of the forward pack are all Cup quality players.
I'd say Cabramatta and Windsor don't .
Wests and Ryde probably wouldn't either,as they share the Nsw Cup reserve players dropping down.
St Marys would have more then 4-8 nsw cup squad members, there's a number who train with the nsw cup team and then line up for Sydney Shield on the weekends .
Hills have more NRL experience in their Massey team,compared to some nsw cup teams.

Butts74

Juniors
Most of those blokes you mentioned will more then likely head back to Guildford next year when they are back in.

rightleftin

Juniors
I have not seen any announcements that either Guildford or Asquith will be coming back next season.

Asquith has an A Grade team this year, playing in a new comp with 4 tertiary teams plus Berowra and Carlingford but the standard looks a bit dodgy. The last time Guildford dropped out of Major competitions they did not return for about 12 years.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I have not seen any announcements that either Guildford or Asquith will be coming back next season.

Asquith has an A Grade team this year, playing in a new comp with 4 tertiary teams plus Berowra and Carlingford but the standard looks a bit dodgy. The last time Guildford dropped out of Major competitions they did not return for about 12 years.

I have heard there are a few teams wanting to enter SS arena next year.
that new Metro league is a fair bit better than last years tertiary esp the top 3 or 4 teams. Still a big step up to SS.

I will be interesting to see those clubs that pulled out of RM and SS whether they return to both comps or not or even if they are accepted

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting quirk in the fixtures yesterday - both RMC and SS scheduled at the same time for Wenty v Silktails/Belrose.

No scores in the system for SS, so can only assume the game didn't proceed or is in fact on today? Nothing on either club's Facebook pages.

rightleftin

Juniors
Interesting quirk in the fixtures yesterday - both RMC and SS scheduled at the same time for Wenty v Silktails/Belrose.

No scores in the system for SS, so can only assume the game didn't proceed or is in fact on today? Nothing on either club's Facebook pages.

Belrose "Bald Eagles" Facebook stated yesterday that SS had no game this weekend.

No idea of circumstances but RMC was brought forward after originally scheduled for 6pm.

Broncos93

Juniors
Some interesting matches this weekend.

Tipping Wests to beat Ryde

Glebe vs Fiji a coin flip

Mary's over Wenty

Mounties to beat Cabra

Hills to thrash Windsor

Fiji have dropped two on the run since their trip to the Gold Coast in their bye week. Glebe have lost Riley Travers to a hamstring injury, will be very costly.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Ron Massey Cup today
Western Suburbs Magpies (16) v Ryde-Eastwood Hawks (22) 12:00PM at Lidcombe Oval
Glebe Dirty Reds (22) v Kaiviti Silktails (30) 12:30PM at Henson Park
St Marys (48) v Wentworthville Magpies (4) 3:00PM at St Marys Leagues Stadium
Mounties (40) v Cabramatta Two Blues (10) 3:00PM at Aubrey Keech Reserve

Sydney Shield today
St Marys (62) v Wentworthville United (0) 1:00PM at St Marys Leagues Stadium
Cronulla Caringbah Sharks (32) v Belrose Eagles (16) 3:30PM at Cronulla High School

Saw the game at St Marys. Was a close contest up until half time. Beau Henry sent off just before Half Time for a high shot on Jake Toby. Can't see anyone beating St Marys this season.

TigerDen

Juniors
Good win for the Wolves today, a big turnaround from their 62-16 thrashing in Round 1. While the Bulls made many errors, the Wolves win was based on desperate defence and you could tell at the end of the game they enjoyed the victory.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

rightleftin

Juniors
Anyone have any background on Christian Urso or Isaac Williams from Moorebank SS

Isaac Williams is actually in the Mounties squad and has played quite a few games in RMC this year.

Urso played Flegg for the Bulldogs in 2019 and actually worked in the Bulldogs office for a while.