What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

rightleftin

Juniors
at least one returning from pre covid. One from Bankstown area and a new one from Balmain area
The lack of club names suggests that this information has been classified under the official secrets Act, however, the Bankstown Bulls website indicates that at the start of the season they had an aim to enter SS next year, but with only 1 win from 6 games this season in A Grade this season, they may have to reassess. Presumably Asquith is the pre covid team, finding the Tertiary comp a little to easy. Another team from Balmain is very surprising.

Results drop off and they want out. Laughable.
East Campbelltown Eagles won yesterday vs Windsor Wolves - 28-22 - each team had a player sent off and 2 in the Sin Bin.

The following was a story that came out at the end of 2019- Wests RMC play at Lidcombe Oval in 2021 and i heard it may well be their last year hence the issue East Campbelltown has continuing on in the Sydney Shield in 2022.

But the partnership between East Campbelltown and the Magpies fractured again recently when it was announced Wests Ashfield (owners of Wests Tigers and the Magpies) would be pulling their funding of the Ron Massey Cup Magpies team for 2020 thus cutting off a pathway for Easts players to rise through the local ranks, into Sydney Shield and higher honours.

Last edited:

10$ Ferret

Staff member
The lack of club names suggests that this information has been classified under the official secrets Act, however, the Bankstown Bulls website indicates that at the start of the season they had an aim to enter SS next year, but with only 1 win from 6 games this season in A Grade this season, they may have to reassess. Presumably Asquith is the pre covid team, finding the Tertiary comp a little to easy. Another team from Balmain is very surprising.
You could well be right but my phones are tapped and my house is being watched :)
Just not sure what will happen if we have to kick for touch on a penalty

nzwarrior51

Juniors
Is there any radio stations or streams still broadcasting RMC? Want to try and catch a game at work this weekend.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
I'm hearing NSW Cup finals series will be the Top 5 sides only. Top six for Massey and Shield
All confirmed at the start of the year.

NSW Cup, Flegg are top five, four weeks (the old first grade format used up to 1994)

Week 1Sep 4-5Prelim Semis2 v 3 (Qual)
4 v 5 (Elim)
Week 2Sep 11-12Semi Finals1 v W Qual (major)
L Qual v W Elim (minor)
Week 3Sep 18-19Prelim FinalL Major v W Minor
Grand FinalSep 26Bankwest StadiumW Major v W Prelim

Massey and Shield are top six, three weeks using the same format as the Women's Premiership (that starts next week). Add two weeks of Presidents Cup after the RMC GF.

Week 1Aug 28-29Elimination Finals3 v 6, 4 v 5
Week 2Sep 4-5Semis Finals1 v Lower W, 2 v Higher W
Grand FinalSep 11-12Leichhardt (TBC)W SF 1 v W SF 2
Presidents Cup SemisSep 18-19Venue TBCRMC premiers
Illawarra Cup premiers
Denton Newc RL premiers
Wildcard team
Presidents Cup GFSep 26Bankwest StadiumPres Cup Semi Winners

MountainMan

Juniors
Silktails beat Blacktown 26-16 tonight. Just about wraps up a top 6 spot.
Pretty early to call that? I believe 1-2 victory's is all that separate 5th to 10th ,that leaves alot of possibilities, especially with majority of teams having 9 games remaining.
Windsor beat Hills
Ryde beat St Marys
Seems as though the competition gap has closed a little from the seasons beginning month.
I'd say the top 4,is pretty much wrapped up,5th and 6th not just yet.

rightleftin

Juniors
Pretty early to call that? I believe 1-2 victory's is all that separate 5th to 10th ,that leaves alot of possibilities, especially with majority of teams having 9 games remaining.
Windsor beat Hills
Ryde beat St Marys
Seems as though the competition gap has closed a little from the seasons beginning month.
I'd say the top 4,is pretty much wrapped up,5th and 6th not just yet.
You could be right but I made the call when looking at the table on the NSW website which has taken all teams back to zero points and shows only 10 teams including Windsor Wolves and Warrington Wolves!

However, a 2 win gap is significant, given that Blacktown, Windsor and Ryde have managed only 4 wins from 12 games, and even if they were to win 2 more games than the Silktails out their last 8 games, their points differentials are 100-130 worse than the silktails so they all need an additional point. So not certainly wrapped up but "just about"

MountainMan

Juniors
You could be right but I made the call when looking at the table on the NSW website which has taken all teams back to zero points and shows only 10 teams including Windsor Wolves and Warrington Wolves!

However, a 2 win gap is significant, given that Blacktown, Windsor and Ryde have managed only 4 wins from 12 games, and even if they were to win 2 more games than the Silktails out their last 8 games, their points differentials are 100-130 worse than the silktails so they all need an additional point. So not certainly wrapped up but "just about"
The for and against will definitely be in Glebe and the Silktails favour for 5th and 6th spot,that's if the points are equal.
With both Glebe and Fiji being on odd points due to a draw result in the season.
The winner of Ryde V Wests this weekend, will see the winner jump Blacktown and be placed 1 point behind the silktails on the ladder for 6th.
The same for Windsor,if they get 2points this weekend.With Glebe a further 1 point higher.

If Glebe and Fiji can defeat Ryde,Blacktown,Wests and Windsor - at minimum ,when they face off in these final 9 games,I'd say that would probably ensure them the 5th and 6th spot.

Similarly the same in the shield, top 4 is virtually locked in,with 5th and 6th spot toward the bottom 1-2 victory apart.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Current table by our records.

TeamPWLDFA+/-Pts
Total
1. St Marys12111049012436624
2. Hills Bulls13103034421712718
3. Mounties128402812483318
4. Wentworthville Magpies127503182526616
5. Kaiviti Silktails13661334327715
6. Glebe Dirty Reds125523702908014
7. Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles12471250346-9613
8. Western Suburbs Magpies11470228348-12012
9. Windsor Wolves12471263360-9711
10. Ryde-Eastwood Hawks12471248376-12811
11. Cabramatta Two Blues110110126364-2384

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
All matches proceeding (to the best of our knowledge) this weekend except for Cabra v Glebe in Massey - cancelled and awarded a draw.