What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rnd 25 V Parramatta

gurmiyrg__

Juniors
Someone gotta get it to Ivan somehow, that the critta and momo switch in positions is a must from what I’ve seen in my opinion. I see them seeing it out on the right edge for the season as they’re good defensive wise which I think is the approach Ivan is taking with right edge but Critta is being wasted on the wing.

He offers more then just kick return meters and has a passing game as someone said he looks like prime gidley in the centres. I can deal with Critta on the wing during defence, because he adds that extra layer when Momo jams in (which tends to happen), however, during attack he’s gotta be switched. Momo as a centre offers very little and could be argued that we botched a couple opportunities on the right edge.

mxlegend99

Referee
He hooked naden last year cause he was concerened about his defence and thought may was a stonger defender.

Bit different this year. Hes moved critta because he wants strong ball carrying out of trouble.

Whilst i think critta should be centre i think ivan believes critta momo is the best for the team atm. Which i tend to agree with.

The eels scored one try off a kick? Other than that they never looked likely?

I understand the frustration. But what do we do?

Charlie will be heavily targeted and belted there which kills momentum.
Naden has to many mistakes and tinys to inexperienced.

Its going to be momo and critta.

People see to be blaming them for our right being ineffective but miss that capewell has been extremley avergae of late. Has 22m Tonight. Hes not even close to the threat of kikau. Move kikau to the right and im 100% sure the centre wing combo would look more dangerous.

Im confident the team that played tonight will get the job done next week against the bunnies.
Instead of having Charlie gain f**k all metres. We now have Momirovski doing it. With the added bonus of not passing to Crichton, being an inferior defender and being slow as f**k.

He has the added bonus of making sure his winger is not an attacking threat whatsoever though. He has been consistently poor at passing all season. It doesn't matter who is around him, Momirovski is not good at drawing and passing. The best he has looked was as a winger when he ran out of space and kicked back inside.

Moving Kikau to the right is not going to do shit for the right winger unless he cuts out Momirovski. Paul thinks he's the winger and the second he touches the ball he's running it until he's out of space. Which kind of worked when he was the winger and had to look back inside, but it doesn't work at all when he's the centre and his winger is starved of getting decent ball and space to work with.

But hey, we can now use one of our most athletically gifted players for bashing it out of our own end with solid but unspectacular carries and not as an attacking threat.

WestyLife

First Grade
Staines for all his supposed momentum killing ability didn't ruin the team pre origin and makes the roster much better balanced.

TheRiff

Juniors
Naden somehow creates overlaps for the opposition when we have excess defensive players on an edge.

Momo outside of a poor miss against the Sharks has locked down the right side every game he's played.

While it's not ideal I prefer the Momo/Crichton combo for now.

Given all the sides we will play attack to their left, Very likely that is why the pairing is in place

TheRiff

Juniors
Martin having a brain dead game. An error and a butchered try. Seems to have a real blind spot or aversion to going toward the side line. Done it in the dying seconds of the GF as well.

Chricton not switched on in defence.

What are we doing out there against a reserve grade team?

I have noticed here, the players people like have their errors overlooked. Martin's 1st half was very poor, Yet Momo is getting the criticism

TheRiff

Juniors
Staines for all his supposed momentum killing ability didn't ruin the team pre origin and makes the roster much better balanced.

Pre-Origin is different, Bennett, Bellamy, Des will find weaknesses. All of those sides have a very strong left sides. So having the defence of Momo with the strong running and ability under the high ball that Critter brings is smart. The challenge now is to find a few set moves to get Critter involved more

Girds89

Bench
Instead of having Charlie gain f**k all metres. We now have Momirovski doing it. With the added bonus of not passing to Crichton, being an inferior defender and being slow as f**k.

He has the added bonus of making sure his winger is not an attacking threat whatsoever though. He has been consistently poor at passing all season. It doesn't matter who is around him, Momirovski is not good at drawing and passing. The best he has looked was as a winger when he ran out of space and kicked back inside.

Moving Kikau to the right is not going to do shit for the right winger unless he cuts out Momirovski. Paul thinks he's the winger and the second he touches the ball he's running it until he's out of space. Which kind of worked when he was the winger and had to look back inside, but it doesn't work at all when he's the centre and his winger is starved of getting decent ball and space to work with.

But hey, we can now use one of our most athletically gifted players for bashing it out of our own end with solid but unspectacular carries and not as an attacking threat.
Had to rewatch the full 80 mins before calling bs just to confirm i was right.

But yep, i was right. Youre full of shit.

In the attacking 50 tonight, momo got the ball, 3 times! 3... thats is it!!!

Approx-
3.30mins
10th min
43rd min.

On first two occasions he passed to critta.
Those occasions we were unlucky not to score. In 3rd minute the parra winger slapped ball down saving a try. Wingers do that every week. If momo passed any earlier covering defence wouldve have got critta anyway!! Parra winger jammed in on the 2nd one before he could even look to pass but he managed to get it away anyway basically without looking. Critta did great to take the one in the 10th min and momo did equally well to get it away.

In the 43rd min he caught a hospital pass from nath on the 40m attacking line. As ge got it he got smashed but did well to spin out of it and make 10m.

Every other run he had was a cart out of our own end. And i will add they were all very very good runs. Landed on his belly and got a quick play the ball.

So this just confirms that your hate for him, along with smug and others clearly blinds your judgement. Youve literally just made up lies about tonight. Not an ounce of truth.

Same goes for critta. He was clearly targetted..they had 3 or 4 on him every time he brought it back yet he still managed to brush them of and landed on his chest 90% of the time for a quick play the ball. Which just got our sets rolling.

As for your dribble that they got carved up in defence lol.. other than one try they were legit never troubled. Not even close. I rewatched the whole 80 specifically just watching them. Your comments are just trash.

Yes momo has been poor at passing earlier in the year but every opportunity he got last night, Literally every f@cking attacking oppurtunity he passed.

Is it his fault we favour the left and the right sees minimal ball????

He cant pass it if he isnt getting it.

But hey... keep up the hate. Im all for calling out players if they have a bad game or arent putting in or lack effort.

Momo wasnt any of those tonight. Hes carries were strong. He was good in defence and he passed it the only oppurtunities he got.

Im not his biggest fan, havent been all year but some crap thats dished up by some on here is honestly just rubbish and lies.

Original Name

Juniors
Regardless I think we showed our hand the other week and Crichton will be playing centre in attack they'll switch on the wing going into the semis.

TheRiff

Juniors

Approx-
3.30mins
10th min
43rd min.

Those occasions we were unlucky not to score. In 3rd minute the parra winger slapped ball down saving a try. Wingers do that every week. If momo passed any earlier covering defence wouldve have got critta anyway!! Parra winger jammed in on the 2nd one before he could even look to pass but he managed to get it away anyway basically without looking. Critta did great to take the one in the 10th min and momo did equally well to get it away.

In the 43rd min he caught a hospital pass from nath on the 40m attacking line. As ge got it he got smashed but did well to spin out of it and make 10m.

Every other run he had was a cart out of our own end. And i will add they were all very very good runs. Landed on his belly and got a quick play the ball.

So this just confirms that your hate for him, along with smug and others clearly blinds your judgement. Youve literally just made up lies about tonight. Not an ounce of truth.

Same goes for critta. He was clearly targetted..they had 3 or 4 on him every time he brought it back yet he still managed to brush them of and landed on his chest 90% of the time for a quick play the ball. Which just got our sets rolling.

As for your dribble that they got carved up in defence lol.. other than one try they were legit never troubled. Not even close. I rewatched the whole 80 specifically just watching them. Your comments are just trash.

Yes momo has been poor at passing earlier in the year but every opportunity he got last night, Literally every f@cking attacking oppurtunity he passed.

But hey... keep up the hate. Im all for calling out players if they have a bad game or arent putting in or lack effort.

Momo wasnt any of those tonight. Hes carries were strong. He was good in defence and he passed it the only oppurtunities he got.

Im not his biggest fan, havent been all year but some crap thats dished up by some on here is honestly just rubbish and lies.

It has been an issue for a while now, lack of going right.

martielang

Bench
I think most want Critta back at centre, me included, but when people say ‘Momo bombed 3 chances tonight’ it completely discredits any valid point they actually have to make regarding the situation. That comment and comments like that are rubbish eg. Momo is the only reason our right hand side is pedestrian.

Momo had a very solid game once again, anyone without an agenda would recognise that, but would I prefer Critta at centre? Yep. I’m not the biggest Staines fan but I’d have him outside Critta with To’o now back which takes the pressure off Staines. It’s not going to happen though, that horse has bolted.

Critta just needs to be more involved. Why we don’t incorporate him into some plays is mind boggling.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee

Approx-
3.30mins
10th min
43rd min.

Mom blew two overlaps in the first half I’ll forgive one as the defender knocked the ball down but the other was just a shit pass behind critta who somehow juggled it in but the chance was gone, happened last week also. He’s pretty good but his passing in those attacking situations is below par both those chance would’ve been tries if critta was at centre and mom outside him.

BxTom

Bench
Pre-Origin is different, Bennett, Bellamy, Des will find weaknesses. All of those sides have a very strong left sides. So having the defence of Momo with the strong running and ability under the high ball that Critter brings is smart. The challenge now is to find a few set moves to get Critter involved more
Cut out passes to the winger...

mxlegend99

Referee

Approx-
3.30mins
10th min
43rd min.

We weren't unlucky not to score when he passed it to Critter. His attempted passes were poor. It was bad execution. Not bad luck.

Critter is not a winger.
Momirovski is not a centre.

They have absolutely no combination between them. There's no point going to that edge when Momirovski bombs the opportunity more often than not.

The best that edge has been was when Critter was right centre and Staines was right winger. Defensively they were rock solid. In attack they had one of the highest try scoring combinations despite very limited games together.

Ofcourse Staines was useless for gaining metres and doing grunt work. But the team is so clearly worse off with the balance on that right edge now.

The one time that right edge has fired recently was when Capewell was shifted to centre midgame and created space for Momirovski on the wing and he kicked back inside for a couple of tries.

Those tries don't happen with him at centre because he runs his winger out of space and either doesn't pass it to him or does so way too late. For aformer half passing the ball is a huge weakness for him.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
One of Cleary's excuses for putting Tyrone May in the halves instead of Burton when Luai was available was that he wanted to minimize disruptions to the rest of the team. Now, when he thinks Staines is not up to it (and I agree with him!), instead of just bringing in the younger May five weeks ago and giving him a run of games until finals to see how he goes, he chooses to move his center, disrupting the team even more. Seems a little strange to me. Unfortunately, May's chance is long gone, so this is what we have.

martielang

Bench
I haven’t heard so many fabricated lies regarding bombed tries since 12 months ago when Mansour was in the team. Funnily enough Staines didn’t end up scoring the 45 tries this season which Mansour ‘bombed’ last year.