What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rnd 25 V Parramatta

maple_69

Bench
I was happy enough with that display. We were average first half but looked in third gear. We didn’t make any defensive mistakes which we have been doing far too often in the last 8 weeks. Completed at 85% in a wet game and missed 20 tackles. The second half we picked apart a reasonably well organised defence and put their right edge on tilt.

Fish has been quiet these last few games. He has a couple gears still to hit. Leota has finally taken his game to the next level I think. Kikau is hitting top form as is Api after patchy years.

Feel terrible for Sorenson. Who do you all think comes in? The Ivan move is Eisenhuth which would be fine. I’d go Hopgood or Leniu. We only need 20 minutes otherwise that player is taking minutes from a rep player basically.

Girds89

Bench
We weren't unlucky not to score when he passed it to Critter. His attempted passes were poor. It was bad execution. Not bad luck.

Critter is not a winger.
Momirovski is not a centre.

They have absolutely no combination between them. There's no point going to that edge when Momirovski bombs the opportunity more often than not.

The best that edge has been was when Critter was right centre and Staines was right winger. Defensively they were rock solid. In attack they had one of the highest try scoring combinations despite very limited games together.

Ofcourse Staines was useless for gaining metres and doing grunt work. But the team is so clearly worse off with the balance on that right edge now.

The one time that right edge has fired recently was when Capewell was shifted to centre midgame and created space for Momirovski on the wing and he kicked back inside for a couple of tries.

Those tries don't happen with him at centre because he runs his winger out of space and either doesn't pass it to him or does so way too late. For aformer half passing the ball is a huge weakness for him.
Haha you obviously havent rewatched it.

I time stamped it so you could see and anyone else could that what you wrote is just wrong.

1st time in attacking possession around the 3rd min. He catches, in under half a second(less but being generous) realises theres a chance and tries to get the pass away which purposely got knocked down.

Only way that pass gets away in time is a no look tap on.

An extremley extremley low chance play..

2nd time he passed it. The parra winger come in and tried to do exactly whst he did the first time. Momo litterally caught the ball and by the time hed turned his head to look at defence jammining in hed made a decision and let it go in literally a split second. Barely took a step with it.

3rd time in the 43rd min he got hit basically from a hospital pass as he caught the ball but managed to bresk that tackle for a good run.

He might have had games earlier in the year when he missed passes. I was vocal for it too..

But stop with the hate. Its ridiculous. You just made lies up about last night that clearly arent true.

Im not expecting the momo hate to stop from the staines fan boys or the people upset critta isnt at centre.

But just dont make up lies. Call it as it is.

Other than not getting to the ball to knock it dead last night their side was defensivley great. Never looked threatened.

In attack they had extremley limited opportunites which has been the case for the right for 2 years.

Momo only got it 3 times in the attacking 50!! Passing on two and getting a hospital pass for the 3rd.

Him and critta were both really really strong bringing it out of our end given a rest to the forwards which really is so so important in the modern game.
They both really got super quick play the balls and a number of times were so strong in their runs that they got up with and played the ball and there was no, or only 1 marker in position which really allowed api to control the ruck. Too and burton snd edwards are just as good at it. Hence the awesome roll on we can get and momentum and the modern game is all about momentum.

But dont let the the truth get in the way of a good story mx.

Everyone is so keen to give staines or anyone on the wing ago instead. Do people not think maybe momo went back and worked on his passing and vision after he was out of the side the first time? Maybe ivan told him to work on it and he did?

Just like hes obviously told staines he needs to work on things before coming back up!!

I agree with most, id love to see critta at centre.. but literally the only option i think is potentially a goer there is switching him and momo.

Naden, i love him. Always been a fan but he just has to many mistakes to go with his brilliance he has.

Mays to inexperienced and isnt getting thrown in.

Staines deadset took the piss last few games before he got dropped effort wise and was making errors consistently. 2nd in nrl before getting dropped. Even the games hes tried his hardest his runs stop all momentum.... the #1 important thing in the modern game.
Its pretty obvious ivan recognised it as a serios weak point hence him not being winger.

So yes. Id love to see critta centre. I just think for the balance of the team it probably has to be him and momo and critta has probably more strengths suited to the wing than momo does.

Girds89

Bench
One of Cleary's excuses for putting Tyrone May in the halves instead of Burton when Luai was available was that he wanted to minimize disruptions to the rest of the team. Now, when he thinks Staines is not up to it (and I agree with him!), instead of just bringing in the younger May five weeks ago and giving him a run of games until finals to see how he goes, he chooses to move his center, disrupting the team even more. Seems a little strange to me. Unfortunately, May's chance is long gone, so this is what we have.
Agreed.

Id have no issues if tiny had played last 5 games or so going into the finals.

Hes debut was great. Not sure why he didnt get another chance. But yep, that ships sailed this year.

TheRiff

Juniors
One of Cleary's excuses for putting Tyrone May in the halves instead of Burton when Luai was available was that he wanted to minimize disruptions to the rest of the team. Now, when he thinks Staines is not up to it (and I agree with him!), instead of just bringing in the younger May five weeks ago and giving him a run of games until finals to see how he goes, he chooses to move his center, disrupting the team even more. Seems a little strange to me. Unfortunately, May's chance is long gone, so this is what we have.

The thing with the younger May is he is a rookie, The sort of player a Storm side would take a part

TheRiff

Juniors
Ivan's 1st year here, He broke up a very good Kikau/Blake partnership to strengthen the right side. The right has been an issue for a while, Keary in the post match last night. Said that Momo got picked in 2018 Prelim to cover Latrell, for the sole purpose of locking that side up defensively.

TheRiff

Juniors
Melbourne will so very easily shut down our right edge with Momo there. They will be f**king stoked with that matchup

Staines got a bath too last time we played them too, Momo and Critter are the best option to stop them in defence. Stop Olam/JAC and we win, TPJ was right edge forward at the Pony's. Playing him inside those 2 is a plan, As is a few set moves to the right

betcats

Referee
We absolutely bombed two overlaps down the right side in the first half I don’t know how anyone could deny it. A unmarked winger 10-15m out from the line is a bombed chance, if mom hits critta on the chest he’s scoring both those I’ve got not doubt about that. Ridiculous to suggest they weren’t bombed chances.

Smug Panther

First Grade
We absolutely bombed two overlaps down the right side in the first half I don’t know how anyone could deny it. A unmarked winger 10-15m out from the line is a bombed chance, if mom hits critta on the chest he’s scoring both those I’ve got not doubt about that. Ridiculous to suggest they weren’t bombed chances.
100%

Girds89

Bench
Melbourne will so very easily shut down our right edge with Momo there. They will be f**king stoked with that matchup
Haha you have no idea.

Theres so many reasons the right isnt as potent. Probably the lowest on the list would be momo at centre.

Just cause youre a hater to ill clearly point out some obvious reasons that anyone without an agenda can see. These are all quite easy for any fan to see when they take off the hate goggles.

Reason #1-
One of the main reasons the left is more potent than the right is that on the left. Jerome is the 3rd link man. Goes, yeo to nathan to romey.

On the right it goes yeo to nath to edwards.

Now i love edwards but hes clearly not in luais class for ball playing.

Reason #2
The left has kikau.

Say whatever the f@ck you want but hes a huge attacking threat that creates huge space for others. He attracts multiple defenders which creates space for luai and co. How many easy simple run in tries have we seen from the left this year?? Countless. Even when kiks is having an off game personally he still attracts defenders and creates space. Its why hes so valuable out wide.

On the right we have capewell. Who arguably has been the most down on form of anyone since origin. He certainly is nowhere near the attacking threat of kikau and teams dont need to stack up on him. This means momo or whoever is centre doesnt have the space and time burton etc are lucky to have.

Reason #3- and this is a big one and it goes hand in hand with reason 1 and 2. Should be obvious but ill spell it out.

We are left side dominant..just like souths are with walker!!

We structure our attack so too and co take the hit ups at the start of the set.. than we work right through the middle of the set.

By tackle 4 or 5 we are normally set up for a left side raid which is where luai, kikau, burton and too play...

Why the f@ck wouldnt we favour that side. It has so many attacking options and threats and with luai as the third link playmaker its always going to be way way more polished than edwarss playing that role on the right.

Luai has the ability to grubber in and get set restarts and just creates in decision. Which causes defense lines to second guess themselves and it creates time..

How many times this year has burton had so much time to get a pass away?? Almost all the time..

Yet on the right its generally rushed. Because edwards is 3rd link man and capewell isnt a threat. Nathans running game isnt as elusive as jerome. Edwards isnt a kicker so defensive line isnt worried about that.

If momo had literally half a second extra of time last night critta wouldve scored two well set up tries.

But the reality of it is all 3 times he got it was incredibly rushed.

Yes his been poor earlier in the year but the whole right side being rushed and less dominant is a panthers problem not a momo problem. A lot of the times critta did things for staines was just incredible flick passes etc when he had no time.

Momo probably isnt capable of that kind of brilliance but fmd. He has played ok the last two weeks but still just cops a hammering and people just lie to push their sad narrative.

If hed straight up not even tried to pass to critta id agree with you but he got sweet f all oppurtunities and when he did he tried he shit rushed circumstances.

And fmd. People act like critta is a god..i mean hes had some absolute rubbish passes at centre this year himself. Its not like everything he touches turns to gold or he has tommy t ball skills.. get a grip. Hes deadset thrown some shockers.

Girds89

Bench
If critta is centre in that situation everyone on here wont be saying bombed lol.

Everyone would say he had no time to get the ball away or it was rushed etc etc.

But cause momo was centre, doesnt matter how rushed it was or that he had absolutley no time..

It was bombed.

Lets just remember that people on here post game where bagging momo for not even f@cking passing at all.

I had to point out he actually did for 2 out his only 3 oppurtunities.

Now people are bagging him for bombing those oppurtunities.

That says something hahah.

Girds89

Bench
Great news no charges from last night .So going Into next week only sorrenson unavailable
Hopefully soro isnt to bad.

Hes been great back half of the year. Be nice if hes available. Didnt look good tho.

Great news re no charges. Wonder whether carty got charged? I thought if soro laid down there carty wouldve been sent tbh.

Was high, across the face with force.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Haha you have no idea.

Theres so many reasons the right isnt as potent. Probably the lowest on the list would be momo at centre.

Just cause youre a hater to ill clearly point out some obvious reasons that anyone without an agenda can see. These are all quite easy for any fan to see when they take off the hate goggles.

Reason #1-
One of the main reasons the left is more potent than the right is that on the left. Jerome is the 3rd link man. Goes, yeo to nathan to romey.

On the right it goes yeo to nath to edwards.

Now i love edwards but hes clearly not in luais class for ball playing.

Reason #2
The left has kikau.

Say whatever the f@ck you want but hes a huge attacking threat that creates huge space for others. He attracts multiple defenders which creates space for luai and co. How many easy simple run in tries have we seen from the left this year?? Countless. Even when kiks is having an off game personally he still attracts defenders and creates space. Its why hes so valuable out wide.

On the right we have capewell. Who arguably has been the most down on form of anyone since origin. He certainly is nowhere near the attacking threat of kikau and teams dont need to stack up on him. This means momo or whoever is centre doesnt have the space and time burton etc are lucky to have.

Reason #3- and this is a big one and it goes hand in hand with reason 1 and 2. Should be obvious but ill spell it out.

We are left side dominant..just like souths are with walker!!

We structure our attack so too and co take the hit ups at the start of the set.. than we work right through the middle of the set.

By tackle 4 or 5 we are normally set up for a left side raid which is where luai, kikau, burton and too play...

Why the f@ck wouldnt we favour that side. It has so many attacking options and threats and with luai as the third link playmaker its always going to be way way more polished than edwarss playing that role on the right.

Luai has the ability to grubber in and get set restarts and just creates in decision. Which causes defense lines to second guess themselves and it creates time..

How many times this year has burton had so much time to get a pass away?? Almost all the time..

Yet on the right its generally rushed. Because edwards is 3rd link man and capewell isnt a threat. Nathans running game isnt as elusive as jerome. Edwards isnt a kicker so defensive line isnt worried about that.

If momo had literally half a second extra of time last night critta wouldve scored two well set up tries.

But the reality of it is all 3 times he got it was incredibly rushed.

Yes his been poor earlier in the year but the whole right side being rushed and less dominant is a panthers problem not a momo problem. A lot of the times critta did things for staines was just incredible flick passes etc when he had no time.

Momo probably isnt capable of that kind of brilliance but fmd. He has played ok the last two weeks but still just cops a hammering and people just lie to push their sad narrative.

If hed straight up not even tried to pass to critta id agree with you but he got sweet f all oppurtunities and when he did he tried he shit rushed circumstances.

And fmd. People act like critta is a god..i mean hes had some absolute rubbish passes at centre this year himself. Its not like everything he touches turns to gold or he has tommy t ball skills.. get a grip. Hes deadset thrown some shockers.
A centre who can't pass is a weakness ,you are delusional to say otherwise. Momo is a solid guy who shouldn't ever be a starter at a club in our position

murraymob

Coach

Hes been great back half of the year. Be nice if hes available. Didnt look good tho.

Great news re no charges. Wonder whether carty got charged? I thought if soro laid down there carty wouldve been sent tbh.

I hear the injury no surgery 4 to 6 weeks with surgery 3 months

murraymob

Coach

Hipgrave was the only parra guy charged looks like 2 weeks

Munky

Coach
As much as I dislike Momo's inability to pass, I think Edwards is the biggest problem in our attack at the moment.

Everything breaks down when he gets the ball and has no ability to play what is in front of him.

His watching bombs at the back is becoming a worry too. To'o already had his issues with the high ball but if teams start bombing between them there will be havoc.

I hope he makes me eat my words over the next month but he seems to have regressed from 2020.

Girds89

Bench
As much as I dislike Momo's inability to pass, I think Edwards is the biggest problem in our attack at the moment.

Everything breaks down when he gets the ball and has no ability to play what is in front of him.

His watching bombs at the back is becoming a worry too. To'o already had his issues with the high ball but if teams start bombing between them there will be havoc.

I hope he makes me eat my words over the next month but he seems to have regressed from 2020.
In terrible conditions last night edwards was absolutley brilliant and safe as houses under the high ball.

Watched the game twice. Even commentary have said so.

Hes generally a very safe fb and he has close to the lowest error rate for any back 3 in the whole comp.

I put the numbers up a while ago but, he averages close to only 0.6 mistakes a game which is great compared to all other back 3 players from other clubs.

The edwards isnt safe thing is a myth.

Hes weaknesses are well known and you touch on them.

Latest posts