What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Season End - How will we go?

the phantom menace

First Grade
Made it to the finals (top 6).

Trying something different (resting players) so we can throw everything into a win in Week 1, and hopefully go a bit further from there.

Winning Week 2 would be a fitting result given our table position for most of the season.... And if we find outrselves up against the Storm in a final, they'll be shitting bricks!

Snoochies

First Grade
Success breeds Success. Last year I remember when we played Tigers last round, I thought if we lost that wouldn't be too bad. We would have finished 5th and played a terrible Sharks in week 1 of the finals. We more than likely get a good win and go into week 2 full of confidence, winning has a mental effect and we 'may' have had a good crack in week 2. Instead we finished 4th and play Storm. We started well in that game but ultimately fell short, no we are deflated, needing to pick ourselves up for week 2 after a loss. We're mentally a different team, a different team than the one who beat the Sharks (in hindsight).
This year, we may get to see this play out (hopefully). We should be favorites heading into week 1 and if we win well, we're riding into week 2 full of confidence hopefully playing a team who lost confidence after their week 1 beating. Given last weeks game, we know we can beat anyone on their day. We might actually go alright in these finals. Home ground advantage means nothing in these finals, it's all even.
The only downside is we stumble week 1 and we're out.

Avenger

Immortal
I think we likely lose heavily on Friday as I believe Panthers will stay full Strength, but it matters nought.

Canberra will beat the Roosters.

we’ll beat Canberra week 1, and then the rabbits in week 2.

we’ll play Melbourne in the prelim. We won’t be scared, that’s for sure, but I’m not game enough to tip us yet.

reaching the prelim will make 21 BA’s best ever season and he’ll get a 2 year extension, which will see Gutho, Dylbags and Reed commit to longer deals
Do I have to change my vote again?

Avenger

Immortal
We will lose this weekend.
We will win in week 1
We will then lose narrowly in week 2.

BA will survive because of the amount of players coming off contract and we make a call mid 2022 on a new coach or a 2 year extension. The club should also ignore my more than likely rants about him and his useless assistants.