What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 SF 2 Sat - Penrith 8-6 Parramatta @ BB Print

Finals Week 2: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

horrie hastings

First Grade
WTF was going on with Cam Smith after the game ? his make up looked like something from the silent era of movie making and the hair dye looked cheap and nasty ( a bit like the person really )

GongPanther

Referee
I'll start by saying I agree the penalty before half time to get the lead was rubbish, but we had 2 legit penalties right in front in the second half where at 6 all we take the kick and go to 8 anyway. Those saying the call on halftime decided the game need to get their hands off it.
In all honesty, Parra had a scrum feed 20 yards out with a minute to go. Everything before that time was negated when Paulo dropped the ball cold. THAT was the only difference between the two sides, as hard as it is for the Eels fans to fathom. And it is an emotional stab in the heart when you have been throwing your support behind your side, only to be so close...us Panthers fans get it, as we can attest from last years GF.

soc123_au

Staff member
In all honesty, Parra had a scrum feed 20 yards out with a minute to go. Everything before that time was negated when Paulo dropped the ball cold. THAT was the only difference between the two sides, as hard as it is for the Eels fans to fathom. And it is an emotional stab in the heart when you have been throwing your support behind your side, only to be so close...us Panthers fans get it, as we can attest from last years GF.
As much as last years gf loss hurt it's not really a good comparison to this game. We got our arses handed to us as we imploded. Parra tonight slogged their guts out and were up to their eyeballs in the game until 40 seconds to go.

Eelectrica

Referee
Yeah, can't fault Stone in defence, he tackled everything. He's not a dummy half though.
With a creative 9 like Reed Mahoney, it's a different game. Maybe we win 10-8 or lose 18-20, who can say. Needed a spark in attack though.

GongPanther

Referee
Our is curiosity what do other teams fans make of Isaah Yeo?

IMO he's the best forward going around at the moment and one of the few Panthers who hasn't shat the bed since Origin.
What has got me fked in the head is our continual failure of not being constantly able to back our forwards up, even when they make half breaks.

The backs tend to take pressure off our forwards near our line, but in attack, we don't seem to have that classic adaptation of backs running off the forward's shoulders in attack.

GongPanther

Referee
Agree to disagree then. I think he played really well in a game that didn't lend itself to running, and given he had to rely on a lock who hasn't played in months until last week and Will Smith as his hookers.

You can't dwell on hypotheticals but I think it's easy to argue that if Mahoney plays that game we probably win.
And if we had To'o?

Munky

Coach
Because I logged in at that play and replied to your comment.

Interesting that you didn't actually respond to my comment. Do you think you guys were above board with the HIA protocol tonight?

Nine said the interchange officials buggered the cards up.

Classic NRL.

blaza88z

Coach
The trainer wanted the game stopped the second he realised Parramatta had momentum in the play the ball. It was more a tactic rather than an interchange stuff up.

It was purely to get a stoppage in the game to get some control back in the play the ball, is he asking for a stoppage if Penrith have the ball? I would almost be certain the answer to that is no

The NRL can't win because teams will always try to push the rules to gain an advantage

Latest posts