What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 SF 2 Sat - Penrith 8-6 Parramatta @ BB Print

Finals Week 2: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 30 69.8%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vic Mackey

Referee
A lot depends on what happens with Junior Paulo’s charge. If he plays I can’t really split them. If he gets rubbed out Panthers should do it.

The_Frog

First Grade
I can’t see Penrith taking a game for granted again, especially a derby.
I don't think they took it for granted, they created enough opportunities but couldn't finish. Was the same against Souffs in the finals last year and it nearly cost us that game too.

BranVan3000

Coach
Parra leaked 20 points to the Knights

Expect at least that many to be scored against the Eels without them able to get through Penrith line themselves

Great western sydney derby. Panthers to come through. They were pummelled into submission by an extraordinary effort from us. The Eels don't have that top gear.
Fozzie Bear Muppets GIF

Valheru

Coach
Like the other game I think this is much closer than the odds suggest.

Penrith could have a classic week 2 finals turnaround but I don't know, Ivan looks like he is panicking.

I think penrith but only by a try.

roofromoz

First Grade
PENRITH have never won a semi in the top 8 format. Does that mean anything in 2021? Probably not.

GongPanther

Referee
Letoa and Edwards are tipped to return next week for Penrith.

For me, I have us winning by 26-12 with that extra day to recover, but more importantly, how we win will be the gauge in how far we realistically go in these finals.

If we don't get the win, I hope for the long suffering Parra fans, they can get that elusive GF win. IF they beat the Storm the week after, IMO it'll be theirs for the taking.

roofromoz

First Grade
Edwards returning only helps Eel.

I dunno, when Yeo made that break late in the first half, that's the kind of play where Edwards would maybe have been looming up in support, and instead he took the tackle. But yeah, coulda woulda shoulda.