1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Dragonslayer, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

2020 is gone. Time to take a look at next year and truly assess our situation.
    First and foremost is a new Head Coach. To go into our 100yr anniversary with Mc85 would be an insult.

Apologies if I've missed anyone, also, we dont know who was promoted last week from the DS.

Off- Contract: 2020
    Backs: Aitken, Sailor
    Forwards: JDB, Ellis, Frizell*, Host, Lovodua.

*Frizell already confirmed leaving.

Off-Contract: 2021
    Backs: Dufty, Norman, Periera, Williame, M. Feagai x2 (DS)
    Forwards: Blacker, Brittain, Fuimaono, McInnes, Merrin, K. Sims, Vaughan (PO)*, H. Lomax (DS)

* (PO) = Player Option

Off-Contract: 2022+
    Backs: Clune, Hunt, Z. Lomax, Ravalawa, Saab, Sauni-Esau (DS), Sullivan (DS), Ramsey (DS)
    Forwards: Ford, Kerr, Lawrie, T. Sims

2. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Mc85..will not be here in 2021...That means...aitken..possibly Warriors...along with JDB...Norman will more than likely be off loaded...mcGregor was the one who allegedly pushed for that signing.

Saab gone. a few others in the balance....as the air starts to clear we will more than likely get a better picture...

3. S.T.G

S.T.G Bench

80% of our squad needs to go with our coach .

Belta, Dragon David and Crush like this.
  4. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

That's a bit harsh....keepers...dufty/Rava /lomax/williame/periera ?/ Clune/ mcInnes/ford/Vaughan/Kerr/Hunt ( under contract) /Ramsey/feagai x's 2/Sailor/ ......that's half of the top 30 squad

i.M.H.O they will try offload Norman..aitken probably Warriors with JDB..saab ..tigers...Sims boys club will need to make a decision...etc..same with other fringe players.

You are correct in that there will be a big turnover in players...hopefully whoever takes over can attract better quality players.

5. Crush

Crush First Grade

The only definite keepers from current side for me would be Duff, Lomax, McInnes, Vaughan, maybe T Sims.
    If any of the other guys left tomorrow I wouldn't blink.
    Also I'd like to keep Ramsey. I haven't seen much of him but from I have seen he looks like an athlete.

6. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Come on Crush surely the love affair with T Sims must now be over?

You don't rate Ford?

7. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Agree...although many of them are under contract..eg Rava/Norman/hunt etc...we will not be able to offload them all...Personally I like Clune..best half at the club... The whole roster needs an overhaul.

The most promising thing is we have a lot of good youngsters coming through.

8. Crush

Crush First Grade

Who?

Old Timer likes this.
  9. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

A lot to be said about our roster a lot of our underperformers signed long term or at least until 2021. Almost impossible to offload them given their form and salary.
    We still also need to fill a CC side, so some players will be necessary.

Out of the off-contracted for 2020, I think:
    Aitken and Sailor will go, as will Lovodua, Friz already gone.
    They will fight to keep JDB and Ellis looks a good prospect. Host, unless he gets an offer elsewhere, he'll probably be re-signed if only for the point I made above.

Dragon David and getsmarty like this.
  10. Adolf_Spritzer

Adolf_Spritzer Juniors

Is JDB to warriors confirmed or just rumour/speculation? Absolutely spineless if true..

Dragon David likes this.
  11. Spazer

Spazer Juniors

Ford is good with the ball but slides off of tackles a lot.

12. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  13. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Already resigned for 3 years if my memory serves me correctly.

Spazer likes this.
  14. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

I’d probably add Ford and Kerr to that list. Mostly due the current market. Not many good props available. Ford will be good I reckon.

blacksafake likes this.
  15. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Correct...Both have already re-signed.

16. Forbes Creek Dragons

We definitely do, but how we manage and introduce them is essential. I think picking the right games to debut them and bringing in mentors is essential. That’s why I thought Blake Green would have been good for a year or two. He would have provided us with good game management while mentoring our young halves while not being a pathway blocker long term. Most of all we need Shaun Wane or Fitzy.

17. Kylez3

Kylez3 Juniors

Ford still hasn't been given a proper chance in his preferred edge position. McGregor has him playing in the middle against blokes way bigger.

f**king moron of a coach.

Mjab and Forbes Creek Dragons like this.
  18. watatank

watatank Coach

Sullivan and Ramsey move into the top 30 next year...they may have already moved into the top 30 this year (since the club didn't sign anybody)

getsmarty likes this.
  19. Forbes Creek Dragons

He will be good, he’s looked good at lock anyway I thought. Shame he’s suspended I’d love to see him at left back row while Sims is out.

blacksafake and Kylez3 like this.
  20. Adolf_Spritzer

Adolf_Spritzer Juniors

Rather what are the chances if he’s let off? Is he all of a sudden offside with the club? I also understand people are sick to death talking about this and appreciate the effort

Dragon David likes this.