What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Hope he's moved on from his propensity for eye gouging- one of the reasons I support the Dragons is that we have a reputation for hard but fair play.

mickeylane

Bench
Mcguire is a Big Signing! The forwards will only get more intense now as thats what he brings ....i mean our backline defence is probably the best in the league, punishing and up and in your face...Lomax, Bird, Rava and Ramsay...all absolutely off the charts...I now think our forwards have gone up a notch in the aggression dept!

blacksafake

First Grade
Yep boom indeed. Reminds me when Kurt Mann was dropped and playing under JD back in 2016.
Spoke to him at the Steelers club as at a function after a reggies game about JD, whilst he did not say a bad word about McNumb as I fished for it. All he said was playing under JD.."its good you know where you stand"
Sounds like he said enough with that one sentence.

Dragon David

First Grade
It concerns me as well, however I anticipate we will suffer injuries so one extra experienced middle is to me an insurance policy.
This is it. I can't remember which year it was that we doing doing quite well leading up to the SOO series, but in that year, we had several players represent mainly NSW in the series and afterwards, we went backwards because our SOO players were buggered.

We need the depth to overcome this as it is quite likely that we will have several players in the SOO teams this year.

This is it. I can't remember which year it was that we doing doing quite well leading up to the SOO series, but in that year, we had several players represent mainly NSW in the series and afterwards, we went backwards because our SOO players were buggered.

We need the depth to overcome this as it is quite likely that we will have several players in the SOO teams this year.
2011. Bookies paid out us winning minor premiership halfway through the season. Then origin happened.

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors

Pretty sure that happened in 2015, 2017 and 2018. Less so in 2018, cos we scraped into the finals.

George Dragon

Juniors
Dragons confirm McGuire signing
St George Illawarra have confirmed the signing of North Queensland Cowboys forward Josh McGuire following the completion of all official documentation.

The former Queensland Origin representative will join the Dragons with immediate effect, until at least the end of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership season.

The dual Australian and Samoan international has played 232 NRL games to date across 13 seasons at the Brisbane Broncos (2009-18) and Cowboys (2019-21).

One spot now remains in the Dragons' Top 30 for the 2021 NRL Telstra Premiership season following McGuire's signing.

"The club has made no secret of its desire to sign an experienced forward for our current campaign and Josh certainly fits this bill," Dragons general manager of football Ben Haran said.

"Josh's standing in the game, both at NRL and representative level, cannot be denied and he will certainly add plenty to our current squad.

"We're looking forward to seeing Josh hit the ground running at the Dragons upon his arrival to training later this week."

The 31-year-old's signature comes days after the recruitment of Billy Burns from the Penrith Panthers.

McGuire and Burns join Andrew McCullough, Daniel Alvaro, Jack Bird and Poasa Faamausili as 2021 Dragons recruits and follows the recent retention of livewire outside back Cody Ramsey.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/04/13/dragons-confirm-mcguire-signing/

Latest posts