What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Maddragon99

Juniors
I really think Schiller will be our long term fullback and if possible, he should get a run in the next two games. With Ramsey, Sullivan and the Feagai brother coming through. if we could get rid of Norman, Hunt, Dufty, Pereira and Ravalawa, we would have more than 4m to spend on a super pack of forwards.

Where is Millward?

MESS

Schiller isn’t part of the top 30 so you won’t see him until next year unless an exception is made. Similar to the way Luke Brooks debuted against us years ago. But the Feagai twins can debut. Perhaps Young will rest Aitken & Pereira & play the Feagai boys.

redv13

Bench
Schiller isn’t part of the top 30 so you won’t see him until next year unless an exception is made. Similar to the way Luke Brooks debuted against us years ago. But the Feagai twins can debut. Perhaps Young will rest Aitken & Pereira & play the Feagai boys.
Possm doesn’t listen mate. He’s in his own world of team selection and squad recruitment. You can tell him till your blue in the face like his text but he doesn’t comprehend. But apparently it’s all Millward’s fault and it’s a MESS!!

Maddragon99

Juniors
Possm doesn’t listen mate. He’s in his own world of team selection and squad recruitment. You can tell him till your blue in the face like his text but he not comprehend. But apparently it’s all Millward’s fault and it’s a MESS,
!!

My new mantra is; In Hook we trust!

the hype around the kids coming through is real. Hook needs to attract 2 or 3 quality middle forwards & we’ll be set for next year.

McGregor was such a muppet, Ramsey was only the second player to debut all season, all that talent sitting there all year at McGregor’s disposal & he did nothing with it.

Mjab

Juniors

the hype around the kids coming through is real. Hook needs to attract 2 or 3 quality middle forwards & we’ll be set for next year.

McGregor was such a muppet, Ramsey was only the second player to debut all season, all that talent sitting there all year at McGregor’s disposal & he did nothing with it.
Yes
If Mary started blooding juniors and therefore putting underperformers on notice in doing so it would have a been a win, win I’d say

but we are talking about the peanut

SAP58

Juniors

That stat says it all ! Will be very interesting Tuesday afternoon when the team list is released.

SAP58

Juniors
Watching the Storm v Cows & gee Storm have some big bodies in the forwards. A big difference to our forward pack, we really need to sign a couple of big forwards. Not looking forward to facing the Storm in the last round.

Old Timer

Coach
Watching the Storm v Cows & gee Storm have some big bodies in the forwards. A big difference to our forward pack, we really need to sign a couple of big forwards. Not looking forward to facing the Storm in the last round.
I am actually really looking forward to it.

I truly hope that Norman, Hunt (in the 7), Aitken all play so they get a lesson and long lasting memory of what being a class player in your position actually means.

I also think it will do Dufty the world of good to see a little body put it all on the line each and every time as a FB and hopefully that cures his "slack" or " self preservation" tendencies and he then fulfils his promise or that he decides to give the game away over here and he heads to England because at the moment he is truly a "neither / nor" player.

SAP58

Juniors
I am actually really looking forward to it.

I truly hope that Norman, Hunt (in the 7), Aitken all play so they get a lesson and long lasting memory of what being a class player in your position actually means.

I also think it will do Dufty the world of good to see a little body put it all on the line each and every time as a FB and hopefully that cures his "slack" or " self preservation" tendencies and he then fulfils his promise or that he decides to give the game away over here and he heads to England because at the moment he is truly a "neither / nor" player.
It will be watching men v boys !

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I made the comment during yesterdays game I dont believe Hook will have Dufty in his side on current form. Yes he does some good things but was found out of position a number of times yesterday, his defence is not strong and he has reverted back to his old style of slowing up when he reaches the defencive line. I have written before he is similar in size to Papenhausen yet their approach to bringing the ball back is very different and Papenhausen support play is also far superior. He is definitely a confidence player and like many others in the current team that is something they are lacking.

Completely agree. The thing that shits me the most about Dufty is half hearted efforts in defence when the opposition makes a line break. Instead of trying to make a tackle he will ran past them pretending to fall for a dummy or he will let them ran past him and try to tackle them from behind!

I would much prefer a fullback with a bigger body who will at least have a go at tackling the opposition players and holding the ball up over the try line where possible, hopefully if Garrick comes back we give him a go unless Ramsey can bulk up in the off season.

The dufty experiment is over IMO.

possm

Coach
Completely agree. The thing that shits me the most about Dufty is half hearted efforts in defence when the opposition makes a line break. Instead of trying to make a tackle he will ran past them pretending to fall for a dummy or he will let them ran past him and try to tackle them from behind!

I would much prefer a fullback with a bigger body who will at least have a go at tackling the opposition players and holding the ball up over the try line where possible, hopefully if Garrick comes back we give him a go unless Ramsey can bulk up in the off season.

When my son was playing in the under 7s, he used to do the same. At the time he wanted some fancy football boots so I said I'd buy them for him if he could go three games tackling properly; just like his dad tought him.

Needsless to say he got the boots and got out of what I used call 'the cowards tackle'.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
When my son was playing in the under 7s, he used to do the same. At the time he wanted some fancy football boots so I said I'd buy them for him if he could go three games tackling properly; just like his dad tought him.

Needsless to say he got the boots and got out of what I used call 'the cowards tackle'.

Well mate funnily enough, that's the age these bad habits need to be picked up on.

How Dufty has made a career out of 'cowards tackles' and dives bewilders me.

Mjab

Juniors

I wonder then if they give Garrick a go there initially
I think it’s too much to put a kid like Cody there initially

Mjab

Juniors

Maybe hook can offer him the same deal

SAP58

Juniors
I wonder then if they give Garrick a go there initially
I think it’s too much to put a kid like Cody there initially
Agree Garrick can play a variety of positions & played well at FB when he has filled in this year. His versatility is an advantage compared to Saab who doesn’t want to play for us as it will take him the same amount of time to drive to Brookvale as it takes him to drive to the Gong.

Inisai Toga

Juniors

You might have to dust off the old clipboard Possm,if you get your wish and they make Dufty five-eighth!

Last edited: