1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Dragonslayer, Aug 9, 2020.

1. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Loves a good jersey grab old Luc and terrible agility defensively but great with the ball

I'm Hornby, Gareth67 and Inisai Toga like this.
  2. since77

since77 Juniors

Good.

3. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

Did you guys and gals watch Foxtel The Fan tonight. Josh McGuire's favourite team when he was a youngster was wait for it yes St George. He will be our next signing good or bad?

redv13 likes this.
  4. TomRedVRiver

TomRedVRiver Bench

Good. At the right price and under Hook (who apparently he loves), I think it's a quality signing.

As much of a dickhead as he is, he's still a high-quality forward who busts his ass.

be55, Drewbrees, Dragsters and 5 others like this.
  5. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

That's true has some mongrel sails close to the line all the time. I need to check if he is big enough.

Gareth67 likes this.
  6. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

Think he gave a ref a spray won't play this week. He is not huge 6ft 104kg but tough uncompromising. I want bigger!!!!

7. I'm Hornby

I'm Hornby Juniors

Agreed. He's also an origin forward so @possm will be happy as he was saying we need an SOO forward to replace Frizzell.

I live in Brisbane and I know a lot of Broncos supporters miss him as they reckon he has a better work ethic than Haas and Pangai Junior who the Broncos decided to throw all their eggs out which eventually meant they couldn't afford McGuire anymore.

8. J.moz

J.moz Juniors

Fisher Harris from Penrith would be massive has 2 more years. He was under Griffin as a junior next big signing of the future.

Gareth67 likes this.
  9. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Gallen was exactly the same size and that wanker went alright

be55, Dragsters, I'm Hornby and 2 others like this.
  10. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Having a great year JFH but he’d be bat shit crazy to leave Penrith anytime soon

Dragsters and Gareth67 like this.
  11. TomRedVRiver

TomRedVRiver Bench

If we lose Host (which looks likely) we literally have only 2 edge forwards next year. Tyrell and Ford.
    Tyrell is hugely inconsistent with a poor work-rate, and Ford is still raw and is generally more effective in the middle. I refuse to acknowledge Tariq as an edge forward anymore.

This is a problem.

12. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

I want better!

boardlumps62 and Gareth67 like this.
  13. redv13

redv13 Juniors

I think you’ll find Hosty wants to stay. Now that the ex handbrake is gone hopefully they’ll work something out ASAP

14. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

Reports in the Daily Telegraph Tamou has knocked us back to sign with West Tigers

Mjab, Inisai Toga and Dragsters like this.
  15. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

We need mongrel and trying to recruit it without breaking the no dickhead policy is a challenge, so why not completely blow it out of the water and sign one of the games biggest.

He disgusts me, but could I grow to love him if he busts his gut in a Red V?

Maybe, just maybe...

be55, epDragon62 and SAP58 like this.
  16. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

Is 9 his favourite number?

Bullet dodged I reckon...

Mjab, Inisai Toga and SAP58 like this.
  17. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

I’m not convinced but if he likes and respects Hook he may behave better than he is at the moment. One of the panelist on NRL360 last night said he has stated Hook is the best coach he has had in his career.

18. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

I agree, he is doing an Aitken playing his best football because his contract is up.

Dragsters, be55 and Mjab like this.
  19. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

If Moose can transfer 30% of his mongrel, grit & experience to each of our forwards it’ll stiffen our pack’s resolve & garner some missing respect.

He’d respond well to Griff most likely

And he’s a Saints fan

With 223 NRL, 14 Origins, 7 Samoa & 8 Aust caps he sure knows his way around the paddock

I'm Hornby, Dragsters and be55 like this.
  20. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Interesting how this will play out.

McGuire still has 2yrs left on his Cowboys contract.
    If they are shopping him then it would be crazy not to get him with the Cows paying some of his freight.
    If he wants out, then they have to grant a release.

I wonder if there's a swap that could be part of this deal (assuming there is one of course)!

be55 likes this.