1. Origin I Edition OUT NOW:

The latest issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for next week's State of Origin opener and upcoming Super League matches!

As the interstate rivalry amps up in the NRL post-season for the first time, Paul Jobber talks to Boyd Cordner as the Blues skipper aims for a NSW three-peat, while Rick Edgerton looks at how Origin will unfold in a post-COVID world. League-mad fans Mark Thierry and Emile El-Azar share their lives in locked-down Victoria during the COVID-disrupted year and Andrew Ferguson looks at how the Storm and Roosters of the current era compare with the great dynasties of years gone by.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the Origin match programme along with teamlists and details for the week's Super League matches - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine! Happy reading!

EDITION 23 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Dragonslayer, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

Now he would be a get.

AFB & Moose the new bruise brothers...

2. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

If the Saab/Garrick deal has gone sour then Saab+cash/AFB would suit me fine[/QUOTE]

How to turn a marshmallow into a brick!

3. Mark D

Mark D Juniors

AFB AFB AFB:clap_tone1::clap_tone1::clap_tone1:

possm and be55 like this.
  4. be55

be55 Juniors

Was AFB playing with Tonga when Hook was there...i don't know, they could have a connection if he was...i still think it is a long shot but worth day dreaming about... he would be a great signing for us no doubt...

Inisai Toga likes this.
  5. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Imagine a forward pack containing JDB, McGuire, AFB, Vaughan and T.Sims, with a combination of Lawrie, Ford, Kerr, Blacker, Host and Fuimaono fighting for the remaining spots. Plenty of experience and toughness in around the young guys to help them develop. Frizell's right back row spot is a worry though. But those fairly realistic signings would immediately change the whole complexion of our side. I guess if I wanted to dream Asiata could fill Friz's spot too if we could afford him. He could get an awesome combo going with our right edge.

6. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Just looked up Sporting News Video Hub and Kenny Bromwich of the Storm is wondering why Christian Welch has not signed yet and hopes that he does. I wonder now that the coach for the Dragons has been sorted out that he is rethinking about signing with us particularly if we have offered him a juicy carrot.

Come on Millward or whomever is the recruitment guy now, get cracking and get this guy signed up!! Offer him a deal too good to refuse.

Mjab and redVinme like this.
  7. SAP58

SAP58 Juniors

Really reports were that he agreed to terms. I am a big fan.

Dragon David likes this.
  8. Maddragon99

Maddragon99 Juniors

How quickly things change hey? Book your flight to Melbourne Ian!

Dragon David likes this.
  9. possm

possm Coach

If we could sign McGuire, AFB and the big O we would have a front row rotation to die for. With a pack like that, I'd put Ford on the right edge mainly because he has the speed and versatility to do a good job there. the pack would look like this:

8. AFB
    9. McInnes
    10. Vaughan
    11. T Sims
    12. Ford
    13. JDB

14. McGuire
    15. Kerr
    16. Big O
    17. Host

What a pack that would be!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  10. redVinme

redVinme Juniors

Waiting on cam smith?

11. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

If we could land Welch, Maguire, Fonua Blake - wow, we will have forward power dominance with a capital D.

12. possm

possm Coach

I've heard that Welch has knocked us back to stay with Melbourne.

Dragon David likes this.
  13. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

By the sounds of things, he hasn't signed yet and maybe he is waiting on the decision by Cam Smith if he will play on or quit thus freeing up funds to get a better deal. All ifs and buts but if there is any chance still, Millward should be in Welch's ear with as I have said, an offer too good to refuse but of course not paying too much in overs.

14. possm

possm Coach

I'd rather Griffin deal direct with the player managers. I have no faith in Millward getting the job done.

Dragon David likes this.
  15. qld redvee

qld redvee Juniors

talk on 360 that Maguire is on big money at the cowboys ... Now I dont know if we can afford him on the same dollars . Cant imagine cowboys kicking in any money unless payten thinks he is a liability and wants to move him on .. I hope griffin is a fan of welch and has another go for him if he hasnt signed the new deal at storm . AFB would be a massive get but he is carrying a knee injury with all that strapping and he went off hurt on the weekend hopefully nothing serious if we were to grab him
    this is where griffin has to be looking at roster and identifying who to resign , let go or try to move on ..
    not a lot of time from November 1 until new season so he has to get real busy

Dragon David likes this.
  16. possm

possm Coach

The Cowboys can take Norman for McGuire
    The Broncos can take Hunt for the big O
    Manly can take Saab and Merrin for AFB

Possm has solved the problem, now Griffin can do the easy stuff.

17. dragon thomo

dragon thomo Juniors

I agree Possm it would be good to get rid of some dead wood, but i still think we can get value from Hunt.

Mjab, possm and Inisai Toga like this.
  18. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

I reckon Welch could end up coming. I'm also thinking Ofenhangaue along w the rumoured interest for Mcguire.

Vaughan
    Mciness
    Welch
    Mcguire

Sims
    Ofanhengaue

Dirty grub pack...thats what we need..

19. mickeylane

mickeylane Bench

Hunts going nowhere under Griffin...different player next year...watch him under Griffo..

20. possm

possm Coach

If you are right, it should be a great season. I just want Sullivan to begin his first grade career. If that is in partnership with Hunt then that is fine by me.

Lord Teddy Goodwin likes this.