What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

jeffdragon

Bench
I shall do just that BLMO1 - as you are usually right on the money . Just hope that at least one of them is in the ‘ enforcer ‘ mode .
Is two enough.
We need a centre and a few more forwards.
Matt Eisenhuth would be a handy player but Panthers signed him.
Williams is not the answer.

possm

Coach
Is two enough.
Max Feagai to left centre and Matt Feagai to left wing. Lomax to right centre and Ramsey to right wing. If Dufty does not work out at fullback, Ramsey to fullback and Ravalawa to right wing.

BLM01

First Grade
Max Feagai to left centre and Matt Feagai to left wing. Lomax to right centre and Ramsey to right wing. If Dufty does not work out at fullback, Ramsey to fullback and Ravalawa to right wing.
Sounds like chess your playing there @possm

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Is two enough.

Jeff should the Dragons get their hands on a couple of hardworking forwards , then that should be enough for the pack . The backs however may still require one more experienced individual ( possibly Bird ? ) .

As Griffin has said on a number of occasions now , he is pleased with the young talent available - but if we can get our hands on a back who knows his trade , then that would compliment the younger players very well indeed .

possm

Coach
So Griffin has indicated that we only need to recruit two more players for 2021. I can't argue against this providing these two recruits are Crichton and Bird. However, keeping Norman is a drain on our salary cap and a break on the performance of the team. So what also should be made clear is who are we keeping and I'm not talking about our juniors, I am talking about Millwards dud signings.

De Belin will make a big differnce to our team in 2021. If he is not available, surely we will need an additional SOO level forward to replace him.

possm

Coach
Jeff should the Dragons get their hands on a couple of hardworking forwards , then that should be enough for the pack . The backs however may still require one more experienced individual ( possibly Bird ? ) .

As Griffin has said on a number of occasions now , he is pleased with the young talent available - but if we can get our hands on a back who knows his trade , then that would compliment the younger players very well indeed .
So, if Griffin believes he can improve Dufty's game at fullback, then it has to be Bird at 6 and Clune and Sullivan in reserve grade.

If Dufty proves to be unsuitable at the back, then it will a choice between Schiller, Ramsey and Bird for the fullback position. I would rather they sort out that mess during the off-season.

SnowDragon

Juniors
2 more good tough forwards and I’ll be satisfied. We have a number of young guys who can then develop properly in the pack.

Bird is interesting, but too big a gamble at the price I’ve heard (even though he could pay off)
We have young centres and wingers who I want promoted ahead of buying in.
Halves we have riches
Dufty deserves the FB position after last year. It’s his to loose.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Nov 1 is just around the corner. It's when the recruitement circus will heat up for most teams, the Dragons included.

As Millward states, we have 4 spots to fill our roster.

I believe Joe O and Bird will be 2 of those. These names have been circulating for a while now. Crichton is a new name on the scene, not sure where we stand with even talking to his manager. If Hook is interested, he will be into it. Again we may be held in a state of waiting on JDB's case.

Saab, won't create a spot as I'm sure if anything were to happen, it would only be by a player swap.

Hook, officially start on Sunday. I expect we should see some signing action forthwith, strap in its going to be am interesting ride and definitely a change from our last 7yrs of lethargy.

SAP58

Juniors
Nov 1 is just around the corner. It's when the recruitement circus will heat up for most teams, the Dragons included.

As Millward states, we have 4 spots to fill our roster.

I believe Joe O and Bird will be 2 of those. These names have been circulating for a while now. Crichton is a new name on the scene, not sure where we stand with even talking to his manager. If Hook is interested, he will be into it. Again we may be held in a state of waiting on JDB's case.

Saab, won't create a spot as I'm sure if anything were to happen, it would only be by a player swap.

Hook, officially start on Sunday. I expect we should see some signing action forthwith, strap in its going to be am interesting ride and definitely a change from our last 7yrs of lethargy.
Lets hope so but I like you have trust in Hook baed on his comments to date. I rate Crichton and would love to see him at the Red V at the right price naturally. I still struggle with Bird, still bitter at how he left us and some of the comments he made especially how we supported him through the juniors with his health problems. On Saab, I dont think Hook will put up with this bloke for much longer but no matter how much he whinges in the press the fact remain his circumstances have not changed since he signed his contact so suck it up mate you are under contract, you will be let go when negotiate the best deal for the club !

possm

Coach
2 more good tough forwards and I’ll be satisfied. We have a number of young guys who can then develop properly in the pack.

Bird is interesting, but too big a gamble at the price I’ve heard (even though he could pay off)
We have young centres and wingers who I want promoted ahead of buying in.
Halves we have riches
Dufty deserves the FB position after last year. It’s his to loose.
You know it might even be a Norman for Bird swap with the Broncos. We would be taking a risk but have cover in Sullivan if it does not work out at the Dragons. Broncos need a 6 and Kevie selected Norman in the 2019 Qld SOO side. It could just work out as their salaries are similar.

But only a one year deal for Bird with an option in favour of the Club.

Gareth67

First Grade
So, if Griffin believes he can improve Dufty's game at fullback, then it has to be Bird at 6 and Clune and Sullivan in reserve grade.

If Dufty proves to be unsuitable at the back, then it will a choice between Schiller, Ramsey and Bird for the fullback position. I would rather they sort out that mess during the off-season.

Should Bird be signed , then I believe that he may partner Hunt / Sullivan in the halves - as the 5/8th . The other possibility is in the centers , however bear in mind that at this point he is not a Dragon so with the players we have now this may be the scenario .

Griffin will use Hunt and Sullivan as our new halves with Clune waiting in the wings as the back-up should that combination not click . Each of those players shouldl improve their game more so under the Big Red V’s new brain trust of Griffin - Elliott and to a lesser extent Gentle .

I think that the most important point here to consider is that each of the above mentioned coaches will all have some input as to just what would be best not only for each individual player , but for the team itself to be successful .

Duffy for fullback and undoubtedly Cody Ramsey ( wing ) will be biting at his heels for any prolong period of lost of form by the Duff . With Griffin he will do whatever is required to get the Dragons functioning as a unit until he eventually has the team playing the type of football that he wants .

No playing favorites as was the case under the previous coach ( name excluded for sake of reoccurring nightmares ) , the players will truly need to perform on a weekly basis or they will find themselves playing C.Cup .

All in all Griffin will have formulated a plan and he will realize that it will take some trimming around the edges until he has the final product that will not fully blossom until season 2022 . Next year a rebuilding season for the Dragons , but come the following season I believe that we shall all have something to get excited about .

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
Blake Lawrie doesn't have it for me.
Korbin Sims and tariq looked a light of other days.
Vaughan went off the boil.
Merrin was a waste of money.
Is that all down to coaching.
We'll see but I think it's not all in the coaching.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
TPJ was mentioned as a possible target when we signed Hook. He can play prop, second row, and lock. He and Crichton would be my top priorities.
He seems like a muppet though..

If we want one of the broncos boppers, Joe O seems to have more upside on field and a bit more gifted upstairs..

Visionary

Juniors
He seems like a muppet though..

If we want one of the broncos boppers, Joe O seems to have more upside on field and a bit more gifted upstairs..
Joe O has never really impressed me. He was very disappointing this year and I think TPJ is a much better player.

Latest posts