What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Mjab

Juniors
Well we have forced Euan out by not being offered a contract. I guess all is not that bad when we consider the youngster coming through.
Williame will take Euans spot next year unless coaches are game to give the Fengai Boys a run. They are probably ready now both 186cm and weighing in at Max 98kg and Mat 96kg.
I was just watching the Raiders thinking how big is Jarrod Crocker. Well he comes in at 184cm and 93kg and what a player. Euan is 182cm and 93kg with Zac 190cm and 94kg. Cody Ramsey 185cm and 82kg at 20 yrs is still a lightweight.
Fengai Boys are 19yrs birthday in February so they have to get a crack next year or we can kiss then goodbye.
We don't want that.

Agree
Now is the time not next year
EA a joke last night , drop him now and put Williame in now
Or a youngster

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Taking a look at our prop situation.
These are our current players who are or can play prop and when they're signed to:

Lawrie - 2022
Blacker - 2021
Kerr - 2023
Ellis - 2020
K. Sims - 2021
Vaughan - 2021
Merrin - 2021

Any wonder we are chasing Welsh!

Unfortunatly, without any CC this year, Blacker basically hasnt played for a year (CS and a trial excluded).

I'd re-sign Ellis for 2yrs.
Merrin and K. Sims, well surplus atm.

Starting props 2021? (Big assumption)
Vaughan
Welsh
Kerr
Lawrie

CC props 2021?
Ellis
K. Sims
Merrin
Blacker

possm

Coach
Taking a look at our prop situation.
These are our current players who are or can play prop and when they're signed to:

Lawrie - 2022
Blacker - 2021
Kerr - 2023
Ellis - 2020
K. Sims - 2021
Vaughan - 2021
Merrin - 2021

Any wonder we are chasing Welsh!

Unfortunatly, without any CC this year, Blacker basically hasnt played for a year (CS and a trial excluded).

I'd re-sign Ellis for 2yrs.
Merrin and K. Sims, well surplus atm.

Starting props 2021? (Big assumption)
Vaughan
Welsh
Kerr
Lawrie

CC props 2021?
Ellis
K. Sims
Merrin
Blacker
If De Belin becomes available, it will mean Ellis is not re-signed and Lawrie drops to reserve grade. I can't wait to see the back of both Merrin and K Sims as in the case right now, they are blocking the progress of Ellis and Blacker.

A prop rotation of;
Vaughan
Welch
De Belin
Kerr
would be up there with the best in the competition.

Lawrie
Ellis
Blacker
New junior prop
would be good depth for the first-grade rotation.

I think Hunt at hooker and McInnes at lock is the ideal combination while Hunt is under contract. In my opinion, Clunes does a much better job at 7 than Hunt has done since coming to the Club and Hunt does a better job at hooker than McInnes has ever done. However, if you take 'tackling machine McInnes' out of the lock spot the middle will end up poorer for such a circumstance and although De Belin is a great lock, he would be even more valuable to the team at prop; especially partnering with young Kerr off the bench.

True_Believer

Juniors
No-one as reserve grade still need to fill a squad. Thats where K.Sims and Merrin should play if we somehow land Welsh.

Ellis has shown he can hit the line and look to offload. A good coach would spot that and use that skill to advantage. He would make a very good bench forward.

Yes, I think Ellis has potential. I wouldn't complain if we signed him up for another couple of years.

Latest posts