What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

SAP58

Juniors
Packer played like shit the second he signed for the tigers

His body is Busted

Just the type of signing we will make
Another example of a player paid way over what he is worth and gets paid no matter how he performs. We have to go back to incentive contracts its way out of control but player managers have too much power at present. A big problem for the game going forward.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Sad to see Host go but I guess they had to make a choice between Ford and Host the former being 22 against Host at 24. I would say that Ford is faster and more aerobic and makes more metres and is slightly better defensively whereas Host has a better try scoring ability of 5 vs Ford 1 and runs with more thrust. If we had appointed Demitriou and Hornby coaches we probably would have kept Host and Leilua who were both standout in the Under 20's. The Dragons Roster is in a mess which will get worse.0

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Well I'm hoping that Millward's time as recruitment/retention/pathways and list management Dirctor at the Dragons ends tomorrow and Griffin signs more professional staff to do these duties.
He made some massive mistakes the biggest being Norman imo but he also signed Ramsey, Sullivan, the Feagai boys etc.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Sad to see Host go but I guess they had to make a choice between Ford and Host the former being 22 against Host at 24. I would say that Ford is faster and more aerobic and makes more metres and is slightly better defensively whereas Host has a better try scoring ability of 5 vs Ford 1 and runs with more thrust. If we had appointed Demitriou and Hornby coaches we probably would have kept Host and Leilua who were both standout in the Under 20's. The Dragons Roster is in a mess which will get worse.0
Leilua would have been perfect to replace Friz.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Be surprised if it came down to age or even recruitment. I’d point to coaching and here he’s in the negative (McGregor) or the unknown (Griffin) He’s had the lived experience of Hornby and Demetriou and now Bennett as well. Understand his perspective.

Last edited:

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Reading about the new doggies sponsor going out of his way to convince some players to join the dogs. The guy is obviously wanting the best for his investment whereas our 50% owner is sending coded messages to his moronic son Andrew on how to ruin a famous brand in Rugby league.
I can’t help but feel anger and frustration that this guy did everything he could to keep his mate on as coach whilst ruining the greatest brand in rugby league history yet the new doggies sponsor is going out of his way to help improve them. Mind you they are both worth the amount in dollars.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Why let Host go the guy has never really been given a fair go by the idiots we had running the team.
Millward is a goose and the sooner he is gone the better.He has really stuffed the balance of of playing roster.

getsmarty

Immortal
Why let Host go the guy has never really been given a fair go by the idiots we had running the team.
Millward is a goose and the sooner he is gone the better.He has really stuffed the balance of of playing roster.

With all due respect @ Forster Dragon, there was little Millward could do in this instance.....damage was already done........same as Leilua and others...

Players will go where they can progress their career...simple fact...and also hornby and J.D have close links with host.

Griffin is up against it...McGregor wanted norman and who in their right mind would take him off us...

It will take years to undo the damage...

Aim your anger at The Board...they facilitated this entire mess for 8 years....they should all walk.

Have a good day.

Craig93

Juniors
Is Garner from the Tigers still rumoured to be leaving? I think he looks like a solid young player. Mind you why not keep Host if we were looking for a player like that

redv13

Bench
Ford has shown me zero to get excited about. Loves a good jersey grab too like under 12’s footy. I’d take Host over Ford everyday of the week

redVinme

Bench
Is Garner from the Tigers still rumoured to be leaving? I think he looks like a solid young player. Mind you why not keep Host if we were looking for a player like that

Manly is the tea. He's also 26 next year. He's OK but we need to aim higher.

No chance of moving up the ladder unless we develop or figure out how to get a couple of players who are min top 5 in their position..

Dragon David

First Grade
Just as someone has already said, will we have a team to play for us next year? I mean a real team.

Players leaving is fine, but who is left on the market that are better than the ones leaving? I don't want like for like. I want better than like. Where are they now?

TruSaint

Referee
Just as someone has already said, will we have a team to play for us next year? I mean a real team.

Players leaving is fine, but who is left on the market that are better than the ones leaving? I don't want like for like. I want better than like. Where are they now?

I think big expectations for next year should be shelved.
Agree with what you say.

Our squad really needs improving. Lets be honest, as it stands and not allowing for signings that may or may not come, the squad is again bottom 4. Available talent is limited and we are not attractive for many.

Next year our new coach will need to work with what he has, and get the best out of this mob. With a hard edge and playing those on form and not reputation, we may create a new environment to attract "better players" than currently on hand.

The damage done by the board is now becoming evident. This is not short fix here. Griffin has a big job on his hand.

SAP58

Juniors
Just read West Tigers have released Oliver Clark, a 24yr old prop. He was a Penrith junior and represented NSW in U16's/U18's/U20's, moved to Tigers in 2018 & played 9 first grade games in 2019. Is 191cm (6ft 3in) & 107kg. Anyone know much about him ?