What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragon David

First Grade
I don't know what the Roosters are complaining about, they can still win well without Keary, Friend and Cordner. When they have the likes of Brett and Josh Morris and Tedesco, they are hard to beat. They whinge for nothing.

age.s

First Grade
You've got a good prospect with Burns imo lads. Not quite the finished article yet, but has the frame and athleticism to make it and has good instincts in attacking positions. Main issue was dropsies but that should improve with experience. He'll be around your 17 this year but will flourish in the next few seasons injuries permitting.

I'm sad we're losing him, but can understand the guy looking for opportunities.

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope bad habits do not come with any Cowboys signings as per -

"McGuire has endured a frustrating month in Townsville, recently blasting his side for having a “soft underbelly” in the wake of their Round 3 loss to the Titans.

They were even worse against Cronulla, with the former representative forward shooting daggers at teammate Francis Molo for an errant offload that led to an error."

Molo seems to have quietened off a bit after his signing with us. Maybe he wants out now?

redv13

Bench
I hope bad habits do not come with any Cowboys signings as per -

"McGuire has endured a frustrating month in Townsville, recently blasting his side for having a “soft underbelly” in the wake of their Round 3 loss to the Titans.

They were even worse against Cronulla, with the former representative forward shooting daggers at teammate Francis Molo for an errant offload that led to an error."

Molo seems to have quietened off a bit after his signing with us. Maybe he wants out now?
Maybe they should enquire about an early release for Molo

getsmarty

Immortal
Maybe they should enquire about an early release for Molo

They are looking and wheeling an dealing all the time....things can change...What we do know is that Griffin will not pay overs ala Joe O/Musgrove etc...certain clubs ( according to reliable posters in J.A ) trying to play hardball @ the moment, which could mean we move onto other targets.

Griffin and co know what we need and they have recruited well. I trust their judgement.

possm

Coach
They are looking and wheeling an dealing all the time....things can change...What we do know is that Griffin will not pay overs ala Joe O/Musgrove etc...certain clubs ( according to reliable posters in J.A ) trying to play hardball @ the moment, which could mean we move onto other targets.

Griffin and co know what we need and they have recruited well. I trust their judgement.
As mentioned on Fox TV today, Parramatta have taken their N Brown offer off the table. Maybe Brown is a good target.

getsmarty

Immortal
As mentioned on Fox TV today, Parramatta have taken their N Brown offer off the table. Maybe Brown is a good target.

Could be possm..not in the frame from what I was told , but anything can happen for the right dollars.

Have a good afternoon.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Agree with all this GS.

Whilst we are involved with Fifita and Maguire we currently dont need them as a matter of urgency.

Hook will play the game, he's not a roll over type, not like the previous regime, he will he patient enough.
Sharks realise they need to offliad Fifita, the longer for thembthecworse their cap looks.
Maguires body language and general disposition is toxic to the Cows, they need to offload so they can possibly regain some 'control' (not the word i'm looking for but you know what i mean).

Pretty confident both will be here, it's just a game of chess right now

BIG RIG

Juniors
As of Now our squad is
  1. Matt Dufty
  2. Cody Ramsey
  3. Zac Lomax
  4. Jack Bird
  5. Mikaele Ravalawa
  6. Corey Norman
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Blake Lawrie
  9. Andrew McCullough
  10. Paul Vaughan
  11. Josh Kerr
  12. Tariq Sims
  13. Tyrell Fuimaono
  14. Poasa Fa’amusili
  15. Trent Merrin
  16. Daniel Alvaro
  17. Brayden Williame
  18. Jordan Periera
  19. Jayden Sullivan
  20. Max Feagai
  21. Matt Feagai
  22. Kaide Ellis
  23. Jackson Ford
  24. Adam Clune *
  25. Eddie Blacker *
  26. Billy Brittain *
  27. Cameron McInnes
  28. Jack De Belin
Our development players from my knowledge are
  • Shaun Sauni Esau
  • Tyrell Sloan
  • Junior Amone
  • Hayden Lomax
So we currently have a spot saved for Jack De Belin as stated in the pre - season

Adam Clune may be potentially off to the NQ Cowboys

Eddie Blacker looks like he is definitely off to the Penrith Panthers

And by all reports on the forum Billy Brittain looks like he will sadly have to retire

That leaves us with 25 taken roster spots potentially 24 if JDB is not successful

So it looks like we are gaining

Josh McGuire on what may be a fairly cheap deal if the Cowboys chip in

Andrew Fifita on what may be a cheap deal if the Sharks chip in

Billy Burns in a swap deal from Penrith

Add in JDB if he gets cleared

I believe we have got ourselves a fairly good roster for the year

If JDB does not get cleared I would spend that money on a couple of depth players but overall I will be very happy if this all plays out