What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions 2021 top 8 predictions

top eight 2 0 2 1

• Total voters
If that had happened to a Rabbitohs player pre 2019 I dare say Sam Burgess would have been arrested and deregistered..

In all honesty if we do meet in the finals and that is their focus they won't win the game. It wouldn't be though, their coach is smarter than that.
I think the roosters forwards , their enforcers regardless of what their coach told them would be hard pressed not to respond , but regardless
what a build up it would be ... from the obvious , to wayne telling robbo to mind his own effing business & hes a hypocrite lol

it'd be a lot of fun
a lot

Apey

Staff member
Assuming Roosters beat Raiders (not a foregone conclusion of course)

Titans vs Warriors & Sharks vs Storm might decide 8th based on F/A.

If Titans won by 12 and Sharks lost by 12, Titans would come 8th.

I reckon Titans will end up 8th.

The_Frog

First Grade
Assuming Roosters beat Raiders (not a foregone conclusion of course)

Titans vs Warriors & Sharks vs Storm might decide 8th based on F/A.

If Titans won by 12 and Sharks lost by 12, Titans would come 8th.

I reckon Titans will end up 8th.
1. Sharks beat Storm they are 8th, provided their 49 point F/A over Raiders isn't wiped out.

2. If Sharks lose, and Raiders beat Roosters, they are 8th. Or if both Sharks and Raiders win Raiders need to overcome Sharks 49 point F/A advantage.

3. If both Sharks and Raiders lose (neither are favourites) Titans can make 8th if they beat Warriors and overcome Sharks 23 point F/A advantage.

1. Sharks beat Storm they are 8th, provided their 49 point F/A over Raiders isn't wiped out.

2. If Sharks lose, and Raiders beat Roosters, they are 8th. Or if both Sharks and Raiders win Raiders need to overcome Sharks 49 point F/A advantage.

3. If both Sharks and Raiders lose (neither are favourites) Titans can make 8th if they beat Warriors and overcome Sharks 23 point F/A advantage.
how could the sharks win & have their F/A reduced ?

yobbo84

First Grade
If Souths win tomorrow, we finish the season with 20 wins and 4 losses with at least a +319 F/A.

In a 24-matches-per-club season, that record would have seen Souths win a minor premiership every single year since 1998 except 2019 and 2007.

However, if Souths win by 13+ then our record betters that of the Storm in 2019, which leaves only 2007 when the Storm won 21 matches and were salary cap cheats.

To be that successful and still have not one, but 2 teams perform better, is astonishing.

Valheru

Coach
If Souths win tomorrow, we finish the season with 20 wins and 4 losses with at least a +319 F/A.

In a 24-matches-per-club season, that record would have seen Souths win a minor premiership every single year since 1998 except 2019 and 2007.

However, if Souths win by 13+ then our record betters that of the Storm in 2019, which leaves only 2007 when the Storm won 21 matches and were salary cap cheats.

To be that successful and still have not one, but 2 teams perform better, is astonishing.
Add to that if Manly win tomorrow then the roosters become the only team in the NRL era to miss the top 4 with 16 wins or more (Actually Parra could make it two if they win as well but that won't happen)

16 wins averages bang on between 2nd and 3rd and has on a couple of occasions been good enough for 1st including in 2018 when we finished 1st and won the comp

Crazy year and this, IMO, is all down to the rules making it near impossible for teams to counter any difference in talent however small that may be.

Jim Rockford

Bench
If that had happened to a Rabbitohs player pre 2019 I dare say Sam Burgess would have been arrested and deregistered..

In all honesty if we do meet in the finals and that is their focus they won't win the game. It wouldn't be though, their coach is smarter than that.
Can you imagine if Les Davidson was still around? There would be 17 unconscious Rorter players laying on the field.

Munky

Coach
It really doesn't matter. If you don't win finals week 1 you are next to no chance of winning the competition.

Since 2006 the only team to have won the GF after losing week 1 of the finals is the Cowboys. Basically you need that week off to win the competition. Lose, you may still make the GF, but you won't win it (freak 2015 GF aside).

The problem with losing week 1 now is that you are likely to put against a tougher opponent if you make the prelim as it's unlikely 1&2 both lose week 1.

Roosters 2014 got Souths in the PF, Melbourne 2019 got the Roosters in the PF. Both lost to the eventual premiers.

By comparison by winning week 1 those years Penrith got the Dogs (and lost) in the PF while the Raiders played Souths.

Jono078

Referee
1 Raiders
2 Panthers
3 Storm
4 Eels
5 Roosters
6 Rabbitohs
7 Sea Eagles
8 Knights

9 Titans
10 Tigers
11 Warriors
12 Broncos
13 Sharks
14 Cowboys
15 Bulldogs
16 Dragons
Geez not bad, just way off with the Raiders...

Apey

Staff member
1. Souths
2. Storm
3. Roosters
4. Panthers
5. Raiders
6. Titans
7. Eels
8. Tigers

9. Knights
10. Sharks
11. Manly
12. Dogs
13. Broncos
14. Cowboys
15. Warriors
16. Dragons
Assuming the Dogs go on with this, purely out of interest sake

Top 4: 3/4
Top 8: 6/8
9th - 12th: 1/4 (2/4 if Tigers can win by 6)
Bottom 4: 2/4

It's typical for 2 teams to fall out of the 8 so I went with Knights & Sharks to fall out, with Titans & Tigers replacing them. Instead Sharks & Raiders fell out, with Titans & Manly replacing them. My team SHOULD have fallen out but the competition is awful this year.

Jono078

Referee
Since we both like stats...

Quick look at how far you were off with team's positions. Pretty good, mine was 2.75. Rip Canberra as you said though.

View attachment 53521
Damn, solid efforts all round!

Hard to imagine how I rated Canberra so high just 6 months ago, I suppose a lot are in the same boat and didn't expect their fall from grace.

Latest posts