What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions 2021 top 8 predictions

top eight 2 0 2 1

• Total voters

NewySteel

Juniors
Newcastle odds on now to make it

Had the Titans pencilled in but a big loss to the storm this week could derail their run, wouldn’t doubt the warriors or raiders making it instead

footy75

Bench
yep knights in

sharks have probably fkd it losing to warriors and knights

so that leaves 1 spot for Raiders or Titans

Valheru

Coach
Looks like we will get

Storm v Roosters/Manly
Panthers v Souths in whatever order you like
Roosters/Manly v your guess is as good as mine
Eels v Knights

Knights are going to fancy their chances at getting to week 2

That panthers/souths game is a as good as a prelim IMO, I can't see the loser progressing to the GF. Even the winner would have a tricky prelim likely against the Tommy Ts and if not against a roosters side with nothing to lose.

The inevitable roosters/manly week 2 game looks a cracker. The loser of penrith/souths will walk over their week 2 opponent.

footy75

Bench
Looks like we will get

Storm v Roosters/Manly
Panthers v Souths in whatever order you like
Roosters/Manly v your guess is as good as mine
Eels v Knights

Knights are going to fancy their chances at getting to week 2

That panthers/souths game is a as good as a prelim IMO, I can't see the loser progressing to the GF. Even the winner would have a tricky prelim likely against the Tommy Ts and if not against a roosters side with nothing to lose.

The inevitable roosters/manly week 2 game looks a cracker. The loser of penrith/souths will walk over their week 2 opponent.

Agree... gonna be a cracker finals series.

Bunnies v Penrith week 1.

Apey

Staff member
Storm
Panthers
Souths
Manly
Roosters
Eels
Knights
Titans

is what I got from the ladder predictor from mostly suspected favourites winning. Important to note I just did the default margin of 12 - Sharks could make it if they caught Titans F/A, but will heavily depend on Knights vs Titans.

Knights would be 7th even if they lost to the Titans, and 8th if they dropped another game.

Knights - Bulldogs (W), Titans (W), Broncos (W)
Titans - Storm (L), Knights (L), Warriors (W)
Sharks - Tigers (W), Broncos (W), Storm (L)
Raiders - Manly (L), Warriors (W), Roosters (L)

footy75

Bench
Yeah Manly probably just sealed 4th and the Raiders just blew a huge opportunity to hit 8th.
Has a team ever been in front at half time only to lose as many times in a single season as the Raiders...It´s insane.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tigers could still make it by winning 2 of the last 3 games

Tigers need a few things to go their way if they only win 2 games however all are possible. It was having all the expected results go as planned then just a couple of 50/50s like Brisbane to beat NZ and Knights to beat GC.

Main one is to beat the Sharks today, loser will officially pack their bags for the year.

The biggest wildcard in the race for 8th (I’m assuming knights have 7th wrapped up) is the last round games of:

Roosters V Raiders
Storm V Sharks
Souths V Dragons

If the 3 top sides all have their spots sorted it’s highly likely they rest a stack of players, that could give their opponents a great shot at 2 points that most are assuming they don’t get

yobbo84

First Grade
I now rank the teams as such:

=1 Melbourne, Penrith
Gap
=3 Souths, Tom Trbojevic
Gap
=5 Roosters, Manly
Gap
7 Parra
Huge gap
The rest

Chippy73

Bench
I now rank the teams as such:

=1 Melbourne, Penrith
Gap
=3 Souths, Tom Trbojevic
Gap
=5 Roosters, Manly
Gap
7 Parra
Huge gap
The rest

=1 Sir Bradley Parker
Gap
=2 Melbourne, Penrith
Gap
=4 Souths, Tom Trbojevic
Gap
=6 Roosters, Manly
Gap
7 Parra
Huge gap
The rest

pantherz9103

First Grade
Whoever gets that 8th spot I'd prefer to have 11 wins from 24 rather than 10. To have a team make the finals with less than 50% is bad enough but no team has ever gone 10-14 and made the finals before. It's not a good reflection on the comp. I can tell you that Penrith teams under Royce Simmons and Matt Elliott could've made the 8 a lot more if 10 or 11 wins from 24 was enough back then lol. I think if Manly finish 5th they'd be odds on to score 50 on whoever comes 8th..

This Year?

Immortal
It's not often we see top 3 teams with such crazy win loss ratios too.
It shows how poor the rest of the comp is and how both the set restarts and tackling crackdown has affected them.

The Raiders need to win their final 2 games , possible
& hope the Titans & Sharks fall at least once in their final 2 .. also possible.

Raiders fans will be cheering loudly for Knights tonight & the Broncos on saturday

footy75

Bench
Sharks have Melbourne
Raiders have Roosters

either one of them win they play finals...providing the other loses

If they both win sharks make it on f/a

Titans need them to both lose by a lot they need to beat Warriors by a lot.

Down to the wire.

Latest posts