What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Trials

Tiger Shark

Bench
Was from one of the kick offs in the first half. One of their props took the hit up and singled out Williams and led with an elbow.
He got taken into touch by Nene a few metres later which is what you get for crabbing across field like a bitch like that.

Surprised it wasn’t a penalty but was hard to see it properly

Guy is facing a 3 week suspension. How it wasn’t even a penalty at the game.

ghoti

Bench
finally bit and watched the trial... low quality hit out but couple interesting performances. Metcalf was very good, has a bit of the Slater's about him the way he runs and ball plays. He seems light but is dangerous.. Trindall & Jack A Williams play well together, will be good for the Jets but neither were a class above.

If the loons on this forum start talking up Pele for first grade ahead of Woods/Fifita/Tolman i'll DM them this match over and over again. He was very very bad. Needs about 10 weeks of agility training to get his defence up to scratch.

Nene was surprisingly average for his experience, dunno how he's spent so much time in firsts over the years... his skills seem off, but it's a first trial I guess?

Hamlin and Wilton were good but didn't get a chance to watch them off the ball, they were a part of a bunch of attacking highlights at least

I also thought Magoulis looked alright at lock, and as captain too which means he's respected by the squad at least. He was quiet but he knows his role which a lot of the young guys seemed a bit lost..

Tbh, I can only really see Wilton pushing for a top spot and Metcalf looks likely to be upgraded to the top squad as back up for Kennedy/Tracey. Hiroti, McDonald as 3/4 back up seems ok, but not much chop in that trial

finally bit and watched the trial... low quality hit out but couple interesting performances. Metcalf was very good, has a bit of the Slater's about him the way he runs and ball plays. He seems light but is dangerous.. Trindall & Jack A Williams play well together, will be good for the Jets but neither were a class above.

If the loons on this forum start talking up Pele for first grade ahead of Woods/Fifita/Tolman i'll DM them this match over and over again. He was very very bad. Needs about 10 weeks of agility training to get his defence up to scratch.

Nene was surprisingly average for his experience, dunno how he's spent so much time in firsts over the years... his skills seem off, but it's a first trial I guess?

Hamlin and Wilton were good but didn't get a chance to watch them off the ball, they were a part of a bunch of attacking highlights at least

I also thought Magoulis looked alright at lock, and as captain too which means he's respected by the squad at least. He was quiet but he knows his role which a lot of the young guys seemed a bit lost..

Tbh, I can only really see Wilton pushing for a top spot and Metcalf looks likely to be upgraded to the top squad as back up for Kennedy/Tracey. Hiroti, McDonald as 3/4 back up seems ok, but not much chop in that trial
Interested in your take on Iro?

i didn't notice much of him, but he had some solid kick returns and held his wing good enough, finished well and scored a couple tries i think? is he rated highly at the club?
I don’t know how he is rated at the club, but I had the same impression of his performance in what was a pretty ordinary overall game.

Aspects of how he moves reminded me of Holmes a bit

Eion

First Grade

I hear what you say about Pele, doesn’t look fit enough.

What about Hazelton? For me, he looked very promising.

chewsta

First Grade

I was really looking forward to seeing how much Pele had developed and was hopeful of seeing him force his way in but after watching the trial I agree with you 100%. The first two dragons tries were straight through him. One was very lazy marker defence, no effort made at all. And the other they just ran around him in the line and he barely made an effort to close the gap. I'd be very surprised to see him anywhere near firsts this year, to be honest.

Latest posts