What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021: Week 1 Finals (Non Parra games)

hindy111

Post Whore
Good to,see,nothing changes, Hiney is on the NRL Game Day forum sledging BA and asking for him to be sacked. Still the only coach to beat the Storm twice in a season for some time.

Let's discuss in two weeks. Or maybe even Sunday 6pm.
You can tell us all about the coaching staff and attacking
structures that need to change again. 😴

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
The lack of quality games in the finals is a shame for NRL. When 1st beats 4th by 30 odd point mauling it just isn't good for the game or neutral spectators.
Teams are getting on a roll and it's very hard to stop. It can only take 15mins and the games done which happened yesterday. It was 18 nil.
It's time that the team who scores kicks off. This would help stem things a little.

Manly tried to blow the Storm off the park in the first 10mins. It isn't the way to play them. You want to grind and make it a slow sluggish affair.
Parramatta I feel are Storms and Panthers biggest threats due to our style. We have the power game and grinding players. Problem is we don't seem able to compete with the Souths or Manly style who can open us up to easily and unsure how we beat them.

First is Knights who I am not confident about. But let's hope Souths get banged up tonight!

TheParraboy

Staff member
The lack of quality games in the finals is a shame for NRL. When 1st beats 4th by 30 odd point mauling it just isn't good for the game or neutral spectators.
Teams are getting on a roll and it's very hard to stop. It can only take 15mins and the games done which happened yesterday. It was 18 nil.
It's time that the team who scores kicks off. This would help stem things a little.

Manly tried to blow the Storm off the park in the first 10mins. It isn't the way to play them. You want to grind and make it a slow sluggish affair.
Parramatta I feel are Storms and Panthers biggest threats due to our style. We have the power game and grinding players. Problem is we don't seem able to compete with the Souths or Manly style who can open us up to easily and unsure how we beat them.

First is Knights who I am not confident about. But let's hope Souths get banged up tonight!

Melbourne clearly better side, but Harper was horrid and almost solely to blame storm getting away early IMO, made 3 poor errors first half and some defensive misses, which led to a few Storm tries. Manly were shot after that, Storm had close to 70% ball around the 20min mark, 61% at games end. Curtains

What we did well v Storm, is hardly have any unforced errors which lead to completing high obviously . Our reinvigorated power game (in defence as well), and now pace and footwork across the backline (sorry Sivo, Opacic) does the rest. Easier said than done. We just need to do it 4 more times

hindy111

Post Whore
The problem is to many games now aren't a grind. It's to much attack and to fast. Oooty platers are becoming with just athletes who can run hard and are super fit with low skill.
Seems worse every year

King-Gutho94

Coach
Melbourne clearly better side, but Harper was horrid and almost solely to blame storm getting away early IMO, made 3 poor errors first half and some defensive misses, which led to a few Storm tries. Manly were shot after that, Storm had close to 70% ball around the 20min mark, 61% at games end. Curtains

What we did well v Storm, is hardly have any unforced errors which lead to completing high obviously . Our reinvigorated power game (in defence as well), and now pace and footwork across the backline (sorry Sivo, Opacic) does the rest. Easier said than done. We just need to do it 4 more times

Yeah it was pleasing to see morgan harper have a shit game. Has flown under the radar coming across as a bit of twat throughout the season i feel

King-Gutho94

Coach
Let’s hope tonight’s games are more interesting

I see both games being blowouts tbh.

Titans wont match the roosters with class.

Souths will be competitive for 50 mins but penrith will blow them away late. Souths have got weaker and penrith have got stronger since they played 4 weeks ago when penrith ran over the top of them in the 2nd half

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to,see,nothing changes, Hiney is on the NRL Game Day forum sledging BA and asking for him to be sacked. Still the only coach to beat the Storm twice in a season for some time.
070D602D-4D68-4290-8DDE-7BA782B474CB.jpeg

LOL!! You had him sacked before the Storm game as well, at least I’m consistent you hypocrite. And I’m not biased like your good self.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The problem is to many games now aren't a grind. It's to much attack and to fast. Oooty platers are becoming with just athletes who can run hard and are super fit with low skill.
Seems worse every year

Storm v Manly games have hardly been in the grind in finals games, well before this year

Uncanny the scoreline last 3 finals games between the sides

2007 Storm 34-8
2008 Manly 40-0
2009 Storm 40-12
2012 Storm 40-12
2021 Storm 40-12

eels_fan

First Grade
I agree we have the game to trouble both storm and panthers. I’d back us in to beat the storm in the prelim if we make it.

We do seem however to be unable to beat Souths (and manly but that’s irrelevant given our side of the finals draw now).

It’s going to take something massive next week to get a result, with it being Wayne’s possible final game, benji’s possible send off, Reynolds possible send off.

Our best hope is some key rabbits getting taken out tonight. Walker has seen red in a couple of games lately, and even a minor charge would see him miss next week. With no Latrell and Walker I’d be confident we’d win

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
It’s going to take something massive next week to get a result, with it being Wayne’s possible final game, benji’s possible send off, Reynolds send off.

We stopped Storms supposedly guaranteed 20th win in a row, that was pretty massive considering only been done once in over 100 year, and the hype leading around it

Maybe we have turned the corner and become party poopers?

Get through Knights first

the phantom menace

First Grade
So is our pathway forward now:
Knights
Souths or Penrith (whoever loses tonight)
Melbourne
GF vs ??? Penrith or Souths (whoever wins tonight), or Manly or Roosters (assuming Titans bow out shortly)

TheParraboy

Staff member
And it begins for the Titans, Tyrone Peachey (possible Eel next year?) sin bin for professional foul

Penalty try it should have been

Chooks 2-0
11min

Latest posts