What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 WTC FINAL: India v NZ @ Ageas Bowl Southampton Jun 18-22

It's preposterous, but if you really wanted to test the teams, you'd play a game in Lords, a game in Chennai and a game in Melbourne (or something like that)...test the teams in different conditions.

But yeah- I am good with 1 match in Lords. Maybe with some extra reserve days to guarantee 5 days play?

If best-of-3…

i think an appropriate format is each team get a home test, and the third played at Lords if the series is still live…

If England make the final… then Play the neutral 3rd test in Australia… Adelaide Oval perhaps..

oh… if England and Australia make the final… the neutral test can go to India…

flawless plan eh..

JJ

Immortal
WTF? I just saw a story about Ross Taylor being racially abused by a couple of Indian fans yesterday…

Dudes the most placid guy around. Indians racially abusing a Samoan?

That’s a new f**king low…
Recall who was racially abusing Archer in the Tron?

It's just bullshit, has to stop everywhere...

Meth

Staff member
WTF? I just saw a story about Ross Taylor being racially abused by a couple of Indian fans yesterday…

Yeah, seems that way.

To be honest, I am a little dubious after what happened in Australia. There still was never any really conclusive evidence of Siraj. It seems as if the bar for this is pretty low and that the players themselves were largely unaware of it (so, unlike Siraj, they themselves did not complain)

It seems as if it was abuse, with the suggestion that it turned racial?

Meth

Staff member
In any event, if they were racially or inappropriately abusing Taylor, on anyone, and either the crowd or ground officials have got involved before the player himself needed to lodge a complaint, that's progress of a kind.

Meth

Staff member
To be fair to Kohli he loves test cricket, but I can't help but note the irony of a powerful Indian cricketing figure wanting a three test series with NZ

Weren't too keen in the round robin.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

Just what do they say? How does an Indian racially abuse a Samoan? Excuse my ignorance I just cannot think of anything that would make sense.

I just tried looking it up on cricinfo, fox and other sites but didn’t see anything… where you see it?

Interesting how the supposed crowd vilification at the SCG got immediate front page news and maximum airtime throughout the test, and comments from Ravi Ashwin…

Will this get similar….??

Meth

Staff member
Just what do they say? How does an Indian racially abuse a Samoan? Excuse my ignorance I just cannot think of anything that would make sense.

Not too sure, but Indians and/or Samoans and/or African Americans aren't exempt from racism just because they belong to a non-white race. For example, Indians racially vilified an Australian of West Indian descent in 2008

edabomb

First Grade
If best-of-3…

i think an appropriate format is each team get a home test, and the third played at Lords if the series is still live…

If England make the final… then Play the neutral 3rd test in Australia… Adelaide Oval perhaps..

oh… if England and Australia make the final… the neutral test can go to India…

flawless plan eh..
Home teams would prepare dustbowls or lawns to suit. Only minor way around it would be the visiting team chooses whether to bat or bowl.

shiznit

Coach
I just tried looking it up on cricinfo, fox and other sites but didn’t see anything… where you see it?

Interesting how the supposed crowd vilification at the SCG got immediate front page news and maximum airtime throughout the test, and comments from Ravi Ashwin…

Will this get similar….??
Yeah sorry it wasn’t a story…

it was a heap of reactions on Twitter.

This was the tweet I saw…

To be fair I haven’t seen any reaction from NZC or the ICC so might have been just general abuse but not racial.

I was just genuinely shocked that they would abuse a Samoan

Meth

Staff member
Yeah sorry it wasn’t a story…

it was a heap of reactions on Twitter.

This was the tweet I saw…

To be fair I haven’t seen any reaction from NZC or the ICC so might have been just general abuse but not racial.

I was just genuinely shocked that they would abuse a Samoan

no disrespect, but I am genuinely shocked that you are genuinely shocked. Racism isn’t so black and white (pun intended) There’s a fair bit of racism between Pakistanis and Indians, for example. Or Samoans and Tongans

Bazal

Post Whore

They were just saying maa ki

shiznit

Coach
no disrespect, but I am genuinely shocked that you are genuinely shocked. Racism isn’t so black and white (pun intended) There’s a fair bit of racism between Pakistanis and Indians, for example. Or Samoans and Tongans
Yeah but Indians v Pakistani or Samoans vs Tongans are more historical.

what the f**k would an Indian be racist to a Samoan about?

just makes no sense

some11

Referee
You still think you’re the big brother. Cute
True Aussies don't react to someone calling Tim Paine a shit merkin.

Congrats NZ, winning it in England would be sweet too considering the way that bullshit world cup final ended.

Test Champions, with a decisive victory. Not some boundary countback crap.

Reactions: JJ

TheParraboy

Staff member
Congrats to NZ winning the inaugural test championship, well deserved

Every nation from day one knew there was only a one test final, between the top two sides after a couple of years. Indian players can go rush back to their IPL franchises with their tailes between their legs

Front-Rower

First Grade
Really happy to see the blackcaps get up in the final. I went to bed thinking it would wind up in a boring draw but woke up during the night and watched the last few overs.

NZ’s final frontier now is to win in Australia.

Latest posts