What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022/23 NFL Week 5

Tom155

Coach
Broncos vs. Colts tomorrow lots of players missing in this one

No Javonte, JT, Leonard to name a few

Munky

Coach
Atleast noodle arm Manning in 2015 could identify an open player.

May not have made the fifteen yards though.

Wizardman

First Grade
Good games of NFL are absolutely amazing. Bad games are like......that crap from Indy and Denver. For their sakes, thank goodness both teams are competent in defence because points will be at a premium for both sides this season. Indy were that bit worse but got some luck right at the end and they took it.

kurt faulk

Coach

Is it just me or is this the worst season of nfl in history? Boring, uninspiring football.

dogslife

Coach

Is it just me or is this the worst season of nfl in history? Boring, uninspiring football.

There's been plenty of good games. Just not in prime time.

Broncos have had 3 prime time games in 5 weeks (and one next week too) and have scored 36 f**king points!

kurt faulk

Coach
There's been plenty of good games. Just not in prime time.

Broncos have had 3 prime time games in 5 weeks (and one next week too) and have scored 36 f**king points!

Maybe but the only game that looked interesting was the phins-ravens game. The 4 Rams games I've seen have been bore fests. But I've seen plenty of bad Rams football (05-16) and still enjoyed the rest of the games.

Maybe it's me.

shiznit

Coach
That’s a bit of a fallacy…

People play Madden and think it’s simple. it’s never as easy as point at an open man and saying he should have hit him.

Russ will have had a plan based on the look the defence was giving him and the match ups…

he then would have worked his progression’s and I’m thinking Russ would have been working back from left to right.

it takes time to get used to a new offense so the progression’s and reads are probably much slower than what it was in Seattle as he was a vet in that system.

the real issue I’ve seen with Russ is if his 1st read isn’t wide open or it’s not like an obvious schemed up 1 on 1 mismatch… Russ doesn’t always look like he has a clear plan on what he’s trying to do.

his legs used to do help him alot with that as he could let things develop by buying himself time… but he doesn’t do that like he used to.

the Broncos gave up the farm to get him so they just gotta give him time to sort it out….

Munky

Coach

It seems alot of veteran QBs have gone off a cliff compared to the prior season.

Brady, Rogers, Stafford, Carr, Wilson and Ryan are all playing far worse than last season. Wentz is still Wentz and Baker is showing to be trash.

The younger QBs have stepped up though. Hurts, Herbert, Tua, Allen and Lawrence have all improved this season.

Pittsburgh go from having Buffalo pinned down on 3rd down on their own 2 yard line on their first drive to being down 7-0 down and Buffalo with possession just two plays later. Unreal.

18to87

First Grade
That’s a bit of a fallacy…

People play Madden and think it’s simple. it’s never as easy as point at an open man and saying he should have hit him.

Russ will have had a plan based on the look the defence was giving him and the match ups…

he then would have worked his progression’s and I’m thinking Russ would have been working back from left to right.

it takes time to get used to a new offense so the progression’s and reads are probably much slower than what it was in Seattle as he was a vet in that system.

the real issue I’ve seen with Russ is if his 1st read isn’t wide open or it’s not like an obvious schemed up 1 on 1 mismatch… Russ doesn’t always look like he has a clear plan on what he’s trying to do.

his legs used to do help him alot with that as he could let things develop by buying himself time… but he doesn’t do that like he used to.

the Broncos gave up the farm to get him so they just gotta give him time to sort it out….
This. He looks wide open in the screenshot but it's already too late. He would have needed to throw it a lot sooner.

Some good discussion on Wilson in the Atlantic podcast the day after the game with the hosts saying that they had been seeing Wilson decline gradually for the last three years. Geno Smith is not looking awful either as many would have expected. I think he was top rated by PFF coming into this week?