What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Coach

Version IV

Juniors
I believe the appointment of the coach for 2022 could be close to most important in clubs recent history, we have a great batch of young guys coming through gaining expierence we have plenty of players on $$$ coming off contract, and we also have our full cap to spend.

The current coach Bomber Morris has worked on the young guys, is currently not a coach where players are going out of there way to join him at the club, we board need to ensure that they get this right, there is no rush to sign a coach, there will be plenty around and plenty with quality who can look at our squad and see they are on verge of title window opening.

Taking the team we had on the weekend, most of those players will gain another 20 games experience at least by end of 2021, puting some of those guys in there prime.

At the end of 2021 from yesterdays team the squad the potentially incoming coach has is

1. ?
2. Katoa
3. ?
4. Ramien
5. Mulitalo
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. Brailey
10. Uele
11. Nikora
12. Graham
13. Rudolf
Bench
14. Wilton
15. Hunt
16. Williams
17. Fifita (he has been shopped)

18. Pele
19. Taumoepau
20. Townsend (potentially on the move)

Add to that we have off contract players who are on $$$$ Dugan, Moylan, Johnson, Woods who will give us sizeable amount to chase players with

Then we have some our newer players Kennedy, Tracey, Trindall & Talakai who are also off contract.

Get this coach correct we could win it again, considering this year with all injuries and issues we have still made the finals, giving those young guys the benefit of finals football

Old tiger 79

Juniors
If the team is playing well and winning players will want to come.

I don’t know why you’d even be floating this at the moment.

He deserves a chance to mould the team. He can’t even buy players because of the mess he’s been left and he’s still winning.

Dumb thread.
No he doesn’t

Tiger Shark

Bench
Has he even tried recruiting anyone? Don't think we can judge either way on that yet.

It's not that he hasn't tried, it's that he has no cap space to recruit any big players.

yeah he picked up King, Tracey, Hiroti and a few other lower tier players but hasn't had sweet f**k all $$$$ to go after any big names thanks to Flanno and he's shit recruiting the last few years.

carinashark

First Grade
Rubbish, not an upgrade. Maybe Flanno should start his own team, Kyle , Bronson and Benji. I do not think Kyle will be retained.

Frailty

First Grade
Morris does not deserve this stupid speculation around his future.

He has outperformed expectations two years in a row. The first year without a preseason, this year losing two centres, plus COVID, and both years dealing with the fact we have to play under the cap.

Honestly, if the Sharks crawl back to Flanagan after the rubbish he has put this club through, I don't know if I could invest as much as I do. Talk about about batter woman syndrome FFS.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
A big yeah nah to Flanno x 2 for me. Both bring a very bad stigma to the club and will make us more unlikeable than we already are. Why don’t we just bring back Todd Carney while we’re at it ffs.

Would be a real kick in the guts to Bomber.

AJB1102

First Grade
It's not that he hasn't tried, it's that he has no cap space to recruit any big players.

yeah he picked up King, Tracey, Hiroti and a few other lower tier players but hasn't had sweet f**k all $$$$ to go after any big names thanks to Flanno and he's shit recruiting the last few years.

Yeah that's what I meant. Can't say players don't wanna come to his team if he hasn't (for reasons you mention) tried sign any.

Flanno's shit recruiting the last few years? Moylans a dud but was good when fit, especially under Flanno. Johnson is the only reason we're still standing. Is Rudolph the shit one?

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Spot on....the fact we’ve had to pick up guys like Goodwin and Nene just to complete our roster shows how fist farked our cap was this year. Was also a big factor in why we had to let JMoz go.

Last edited: