What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 FW1 EF Sun - Sydney 14-30 South Sydney @ Allianz

Finals Week 1: Sydney v South Sydney

• Sydney Roosters

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galeforce

Bench
easiest game of the finals. The last 10 minutes when Souths were down to 12 men with only two on the bench was the clear indicator of what will happen this Sunday.

souths by plenty.

Someguy

First Grade
$10 says Latrell gets sin binned

big call considering the spear tackle didn’t go to the bin nor did Cody holding down to get a challenge. Souths are all but immune to sin bins would take something equally as ridiculous as what he done on the weekend for latrell to be binned, even then it’s a finals game so maybe not

yobbo84

First Grade
We were clearly playing last Friday with the idea of just getting through our sets, and saving our hand for this week. We point blank refused to go left all night, instead preferring that deadly edge of Jaxson Paulo and Taane Milne :/

I guess the coaching staff didn't want to give the Roosters any practice defending our shapes. Unfortunately we can't go toe-to-toe with the Roosters in that sort of game without Cam Murray. You'll see us attack their edges far more this week.

Latrell having missed the last 2 finals series was clearly playing with a view to not get injured or suspended. He was taking the piss at times. You'll also see a different Latrell come Sunday.

By the same token the Roosters were without their two giants on the wing and they put the cue in the rack the last 20.

My point in all the above is to ignore any form from last Friday. It will be anything but the same sort of game.

GongPanther

Referee
After a ton of thought, and taking in consideration from the thoughts in here, I'm going with a Souths win by 14-12.

Manu will be sorely missed to which I think is the Roosters meter eater.

If not and the Roosters get up, it still will be your ususal classic Souths V Easts.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Surely Paulo doesn’t get gifted yet another game

Biy jeez Souths will be happy when he leaves worst defensive winger and even worse as a centre

welds2

Juniors
I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Roosters this week with Suaalii`s manager saying they have to get rid of Tedesco next year to play Suaalii at fullback. This is the reason why South`s washed their hands of the merkin.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Roosters this week with Suaalii`s manager saying they have to get rid of Tedesco next year to play Suaalii at fullback. This is the reason why South`s washed their hands of the merkin.
Souths didn’t wash their hands, they dropped the ball.
Suaalii has already stated publicly he’s prep to wait. Also, Teddy has said he’s prepared to play another position if it means keeping Suaalii at the club. I think he’ll go to rugby eventually, anyway.

welds2

Juniors
Souths didn’t wash their hands, they dropped the ball.
Suaalii has already stated publicly he’s prep to wait. Also, Teddy has said he’s prepared to play another position if it means keeping Suaalii at the club. I think he’ll go to rugby eventually, anyway.

Oh yes we did, we already had the scum signed but his tosser manager kept wanting to add conditions about rugby, so we WASHED OUR HANDS OF HIM.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Youd have to say Easts however i keep thinking about the Dragons/Eels having the same sitauation in 2009 and results completely turning 7 days apart. If one team is well up in the last 10 I fully expect the other side to begin head hunting and trying to knock players out of the finals

Oh yes we did, we already had the scum signed but his tosser manager kept wanting to add conditions about rugby, so we WASHED OUR HANDS OF HIM.
I don’t have and insider club goss and can only go by what’s in the papers, which are reporting Bennett steadfastly refused to allow his exit clauses to go to rugby. Roosters punted on him liking the club enough to stay. He’ll still go to rugby imo. I don’t see him as a forever RL guy but gee he would’ve been handy in your backline right now, don’t you think? Go on, admit it.

welds2

Juniors
I don’t have and insider club goss and can only go by what’s in the papers, which are reporting Bennett steadfastly refused to allow his exit clauses to go to rugby. Roosters punted on him liking the club enough to stay. He’ll still go to rugby imo. I don’t see him as a forever RL guy but gee he would’ve been handy in your backline right now, don’t you think? Go on, admit it.
yes

Valheru

Coach
Youd have to say Easts however i keep thinking about the Dragons/Eels having the same sitauation in 2009 and results completely turning 7 days apart. If one team is well up in the last 10 I fully expect the other side to begin head hunting and trying to knock players out of the finals
In 2019 the result changed form a 16-10 souths win to a 30-6 roosters win. On that occasion though the last round meant absolutely nothing to the roosters who could only finish 2nd.

In 2017 Penrith turned a 28-12 loss in to a 22-10 win the following week.

Then you have the 2009 turnaorund you mentioned.

I'm sure there are others but the only one I can think of where the same team won is 2002 when roosters beat sharks in back to back weeks.

Cockosh

Juniors
As I understand it it wasn’t his manager that made the comments but the guy that mentored him. Coincidentally a massive souffs fan who is dirty that he went to the chooks. I don’t believe they have an association any more so sounds like he is trying to stir the pot, or just have a sook, which is the souffs thing to do

Stinkfinger

Juniors
In 2019 the result changed form a 16-10 souths win to a 30-6 roosters win. On that occasion though the last round meant absolutely nothing to the roosters who could only finish 2nd.

In 2017 Penrith turned a 28-12 loss in to a 22-10 win the following week.

Then you have the 2009 turnaorund you mentioned.

I'm sure there are others but the only one I can think of where the same team won is 2002 when roosters beat sharks in back to back weeks.
Raiders over Sharks in 2020.

Cockosh

Juniors
Commiserations Roosters fans, we've been Klein'd.

May the team who cops the least awful decision win.
Based on this congrats souffs on making week 2. We are 1 from 7 in penalty counts with him

Attachments

• D2363B8C-1E73-404D-AC0B-81A19359860C.jpeg
    D2363B8C-1E73-404D-AC0B-81A19359860C.jpeg
    770 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts