What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 28-12 Parramatta @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alan Johnson

Juniors
I feel sorry for the Eels. Going into the game I thought they were one moment of brilliance away from spooking the Panthers and giving themselves a real chance. But the moment never came. The first 40 minutes from the Panthers was ruthless.

some11

Referee
Just got home and too smashed to comment but looking forward to going through the thread tomoz. Absolutely gutted for Parra fans, especially @Bazal and @hineyrulz and bald people in general. To @soc123_au, @Fangs, @GongPanther, @MugaB, @Munky, @ACTPanthers and any other merkin I forgot, a hearty congratulations from me. Tis an amazing club you support and will be a powerhouse for many a year. God bless rugby league and all who sail on her.
f**k off you merkin.

some11

Referee
Well done to the true Penrith fans who stuck by their team through thick and thin, they deserve all the success their brilliant team has given them the last 3 years.

But not this coward, he jumped ship to the Storm first chance he could when things got tough. Now he is on here celebrating like he’s the number 1 Penrith fan in the world. Bullshit fraud we know you.
Well said

Valheru

Coach
At least they gave the CCM to someone that deserved it this year.

As good as Penrith were, the moment got to the eels. Parra were intense for 5 minutes and then just stopped.

some11

Referee
I've called a brigade of ambulances for the amount of ODs in Penrith this morning.

Please have the naloxone ready.

Canard

Immortal
Api is a big loss for Penrith, for mine he is the best hooker in the comp and on form close to the best top 2 of 3 of any position. Who replaces him?

Kikau is a big loss in a good side, but I have a feeling that he could be David Fifita Mk II without Yeo and JFH and Penrith big backs making room for him. So I feel the Panthers can cover him easy

Keen to hear Penny Fans thoughts on this.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Api is a big loss for Penrith, for mine he is the best hooker in the comp and on form close to the best top 2 of 3 of any position. Who replaces him?

Kikau is a big loss in a good side, but I have a feeling that he could be David Fifita Mk II without Yeo and JFH and Penrith big backs making room for him. So I feel the Panthers can cover him easy

Think we'll finish around 4th next year. We need to buy a hook because no one else at the club is good enough

betcats

Referee

They are massive losses no doubt about it. There will be an impact next year most penrith fans on this forum are expecting us to come back to the pack a bit.

Re Kikau, if plays next season with the same effort he played this year he wont be David Fifita at the titans. Playing down a left edge with Burton and the fox im sure he will do alright and this year his defensive efforts have been second to none in terms of working hard, he has matured a lot in that area and does all the small things like kick pressure and backing for second efforts consistently.

JJ

Immortal

He is, presumably the halves will need to step up even further... they have competent 9s in their system, but Api is the best going around

Frankus

Juniors

Kikau will be covered by Garner.

You can’t replace Api. There is not another 9 in the comp like him. But Kenny will do a job with Luke on the bench I would imagine.

Munky

Coach
Parra's kicking game was incredibly odd.

So many regulation mid field bombs straight to To'o and Edwards.

The other side of the field is Charlie Staines who is not a top three kick returner in the comp.

Why not kick there or add something to the kick making it harder to catch?

Wizardman

First Grade
Dude, I heard he had ptsd from Ben Alexander dying from drink driving so he had to get away from Western Sydney for a while. I don’t blame him and I think that him and the Panthers have no ill feelings towards the other.
Kikau will be covered by Garner.

You can’t replace Api. There is not another 9 in the comp like him. But Kenny will do a job with Luke on the bench I would imagine.
I think Garner will flourish in that system. Another guy who I think could be next level in tackle breaking ability is Zac Hosking. As with other posters, the hooker position is the biggest one they have to cover for me.

Latest posts