What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 28-12 Parramatta @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iamback

Coach
Nathan is fine at Origin level- no worse than Munster, and at least comparable to Joey and JT in Origin at the same point in their careers.

Having Turbo, Latrell and Fox for at least one game (instead of none of them) would've helped as well TBF...

And a decent pack, Freddy's selections are very strange at times

soc123_au

Staff member
Love the salt.

Luai is the master troll, Always gets bites and is so glorious
The funny part is he made the Daddy call pre game and then backed it up. RCG’s we own Penrith call aged like milk and Latrell’s look over your shoulders call did the same. Only one gets called out by the flogs on Fox. What a surprise.
Personally I’m all for it. It adds a bit of spice. More players saying what they think the better. Even if they are wankers.

mxlegend99

Referee
Luai deserves the hate. Tbh i think he thrives on it. I would probably hate him if he was at another club.

But the way he creates rivalries is fantastic IMO. No clubs really genuinely thought of us as rivals. Now they do. Partly based on success. But probably moreso due to having guys like Luai that piss the fans off.

Hopefully Eels can take the heavy loss and lesson they were taught by Panthers and use it in 2023 to be better. Panthers learned a similar lesson in 2020 and have been better for it. My only concern is the players didnt look as heartbroken as most teams who lose a grand final. They seemed happy just to have made it. Which is an epic achievement no doubt. But they need to be aiming higher than that.

Iamback

Coach
The funny part is he made the Daddy call pre game and then backed it up. RCG’s we own Penrith call aged like milk and Latrell’s look over your shoulders call did the same. Only one gets called out by the flogs on Fox. What a surprise.
Personally I’m all for it. It adds a bit of spice. More players saying what they think the better. Even if they are wankers.

The same Flogs that bagged the SOO build up as having no spite?

I agree, I prefer that then robots. I love showing up Latrell as a result of his comments, As I am sure Parra will when they beat us.

Latrell is a great comparison. Both off the field are polite to media, Give time to kids and their communities etc just troll people to build up interest in games. It is going down the NBA path and of course Dinosaurs hate it.

Bazal

Post Whore

Yeah the issue is this only works when the player(s) in question have enough of an IQ to form a coherent thought.

Luai...does not. He's a flog, nothing more.

Iamback

Coach
Luai deserves the hate. Tbh i think he thrives on it. I would probably hate him if he was at another club.

But the way he creates rivalries is fantastic IMO. No clubs really genuinely thought of us as rivals. Now they do. Partly based on success. But probably moreso due to having guys like Luai that piss the fans off.

Hopefully Eels can take the heavy loss and lesson they were taught by Panthers and use it in 2023 to be better. Panthers learned a similar lesson in 2020 and have been better for it. My only concern is the players didnt look as heartbroken as most teams who lose a grand final. They seemed happy just to have made it. Which is an epic achievement no doubt. But they need to be aiming higher than that.

All the Mt Druitt boys love the us v them mindset, There is a reason he does what he does and it works so why change it.

Exactly, I hope he pisses off every team off. Imagine the ratings of people wanting to watch him fail. All teams need someone to be a villan

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeah the issue is this only works when the player(s) in question have enough of an IQ to form a coherent thought.

Luai...does not. He's a flog, nothing more.
Yeah, because Latrell is known for his intellect...

Hate away brother, hate away

Reflector

Juniors
Imagine if they'd called out Latrell's look over your shoulders call.

You just know some people would find a way to call it "racist"....

JJ

Immortal
I don't think they thought they could win tbh... or even if they did, that was eliminated from their consciousness very early

Latest posts