What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Sime_11

Juniors
its free motivation for us- you'd think Kent would have realised after he wrote us off last year after the Souths loss in week 1

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Perhaps the toughest game of the year for Penrith.

Penrith need to shut down Parramatta's offloads you else it will be a long long night.

Hopefully Cleary will get some extra protection from his forwards, and isn't taken out.

Should be a great game/

martielang

Bench
Kents job is to speculate and have an opinion on things. Find it ridiculous the amount of people that think he's / FOX is out to get us. Talks us up at nauseum yet he questions/disagrees with the club on one or two things and people are all up in arms.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Kents job is to speculate and have an opinion on things. Find it ridiculous the amount of people that think he's / FOX is out to get us. Talks us up at nauseum yet he questions/disagrees with the club on one or two things and people are all up in arms.
He's out to get everyone. It's his job to troll people

Iamback

Coach

Luai and few other players have banned doing media with DT as a result of comments.

So it isn't just the fans sick of the BS

soc123_au

Staff member
Kent is good at his job. I think he goes a bit far on knowing when to back down, but what would I know. I dont mind him when he isn't being a tabloid journo.

age.s

First Grade
Its his job to act this way because there's money in riling people up and generating hate clicks. Everyone needs to earn a crust but no reason to have respect for every profession.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Back to the game. Parra are going to overcommit rushing Nathan so we need to look to shift the ball wide on 5th. Will be plenty of space

Iamback

Coach
Back to the game. Parra are going to overcommit rushing Nathan so we need to look to shift the ball wide on 5th. Will be plenty of space

I'd go wide earlier too, Run their forwards around. Paulo had 3 stints on the weekend tire them early and they can't rush the halves

Sime_11

Juniors
will the travel & Weather in Townsville be a factor for Parra? perhaps gassed with consecutive games whereas we've been pretty rested the last month

mxlegend99

Referee
For some bullshit reason the minor premiers got a day less rest
This bugged me:

As minor premiers we had to start the finals with the first game. Having a shorter break between games than most other finals teams.

As minor premiers we then play the second night of the weekend before the grand final so we get the shorter turnaround and the winner of the other game get to book grand final tickets before us.

I know they're only minor things. But shouldn't the finals series be more balanced toward the better team?

Ie. Minor premiers play Saturday in week 1. If they lose they play Saturday in week 2 and 3.
If they win they get the week off and then play the friday night game in week 3.

Gives them an extra day before week 1 and grand final, they only lose that if they lose week 1 in which case they dont deserve the preferential treatment.

I mean we don't actually need the extra day. But Eels having one less day to recover would have been great for us.

mxlegend99

Referee
will the travel & Weather in Townsville be a factor for Parra? perhaps gassed with consecutive games whereas we've been pretty rested the last month
Doubtful. 9 days turnaround is a pretty handy break. I think everyone will be at 100% aside from those carrying niggling injuries.

Frankus

Juniors
We are the best side 20 point win easily - More if Api starts

The starters and Sorensen get huge minutes which leaves the bench very few minutes

The weak gutted Dog person is 10 mins total across 2 games, Spencer under 20 mins

Just need to start Api for less Kenny minutes
Spencer needs to be given more than 20 mins. His impact off the bench is massive for us.

Frankus

Juniors
In saying that - Parra failed to protect Moses on kicks the entire game against the cows. Massive opportunity to Kikau and others to put huge pressure on him.

Latest posts