What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

Panthiras

Juniors
A fail? Didn't we win? We definitely don't look as good in attack, but Kenny did his job. To me, we looked rusty after one game in a month. But the strategy took the sting out of their attack and they were at full throttle and fading by the time APi come on.

Every team starts fast against us, it's the "beat the Panthers" game plan. They start hyped up and full of adrenaline ready to take it to the Premiers. Inevitably the commentators say "there could be an upset here, they are going toe to toe with the Premiers". I wish I had a dollar every time somebody says that after the first 30 minutes.

Then the effect of running continuously into the black wall starts to have an impact and suddenly gaps appear and we are making breaks and bish, bosh, bash, we score. Then the Panther's "Olympic fitness" superpower kicks in. A level of fitness and conditioning that means forwards are still making hitups at full pelt in the 79th minute. A level of fitness that means the defence is driving you backwards until the moment the whistle blows "full time" and you get to sit down in the dressing room.

That is exactly what happened yesterday. We took time to get going in attack but we hit hard in defence with Kenny on. Even though we were clunky we had tries disallowed, one of which was a terrible decision (Staines try).
In hindsight, the Kenny/Api switch worked brilliantly because South's couldn't hold on once Api got on and they were already fatigued and had thrown their best punches and combinations.

Next week, I think we will be better for the run and should do the same again. The Eels will start fast and try to steamroll us. Leave Api on the sidelines sat in a massage chair in a smoking jacket, sipping energy drinks (keep your wife away from him though, he loves the ladies) while Kenny smashes them hard. Leave Api there to note where the weak points are and put him on when RCG starts assuming the "brace for a crash landing position" in between hit ups.

The Eels will be thrilled when he comes on. "Oh great, now we are absolutely buggered the best dummy half in the game has come on, yay".
Parra will come out with all guns blazing in the first 10 minutes but will run out of steam in the second half.

Does anyone know why we decided to wear the alternate jersey this finals series? I’m fine with it, probably prefer it actuall, just wondering.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I'm getting more confident as the week progresses, Parra haven't beat anyone of note these finals. As long as we don't give them an advantage by starting Kenny then we'll romp this in

Fangs

Coach
I'm getting more confident as the week progresses, Parra haven't beat anyone of note these finals. As long as we don't give them an advantage by starting Kenny then we'll romp this in

Mate I've been at 100% since about 8 weeks out. You can't top this.

Iamback

Coach
Mate I've been at 100% since about 8 weeks out. You can't top this.

Round 10 for me
Roosters poor start into us slaughtering Storm in magic round

Getting through injury free was my only concern, Fully fit means we will win very easily

Fangs

Coach
Round 10 for me

Getting through injury free was my only concern, Fully fit means we will win very easily

Had to see out Origin first. You get a lot of season ending injuries at that time.

I got the Panthers/Eels grand final right.

Iamback

Coach
Had to see out Origin first. You get a lot of season ending injuries at that time.

I got the Panthers/Eels grand final right.

That was my only concern,
I didn't have the opposition but was confident because it likely was a rookie GF team

Iamback

Coach
This is the high water mark for this Eels outfit and Brad Arthur.

Sharks draw turning into an easy draw really helped that, Sides don't make the GF from outside the 4

Having 2 rookie teams in the top 4 really threw a spanner in the works

Panther Pete

Juniors
Round 10 for me

Were you as confident going into the two games earlier this year when Parra beat us as you are now?

Iamback

Coach
Were you as confident going into the two games earlier this year when Parra beat us as you are now?

I had us going undefeated for 10 weeks, 2nd game no

Grand Final is a different beast, look at the build up alone. The reason they say you need to lose one to win one is it is a big week and to not get over rawed is hard.

The big game players we have, Have done the job before.

Fresher to rest the niggles

Parra haven't strung a month of good performances together all year

Their record at Accor is horrible, They aren't doing a captain's run there. So makes it harder to know the conditions.

They are the reasons only Storm or Roosters worried me to play in the GF

Black Diamond

Juniors
To be fair, one of those games we played without our halfback and with 12 men for 60 minutes, don't think any team could win under those conditions. Was the other game during SOO? Were we understrength? I can't remember.

I know it could be said that you can only play what in front of you but if we are full strength perhaps different outcomes.

Iamback

Coach
To be fair, one of those games we played without our halfback and with 12 men for 60 minutes, don't think any team could win under those conditions. Was the other game during SOO? Were we understrength? I can't remember.

I know it could be said that you can only play what in front of you but if we are full strength perhaps different outcomes.

Round 9 we had no Ivan, No Ciraldo a few guys sick and it was 4 tries all. So it isn't like they have put us away or anything

kinghippo

Juniors
I get the feeling we are going to see a big first 20 minutes from our forwards.
Parra’s pack has been pretty good against us early the last few times we have played.
I think we will see a big response and a bit of a flex from the champions.

Latest posts