What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Grand Final. Penrith v Parramatta

The Realist

Juniors
It was also unlimited tackle in the Saints and Rabbitohs glory days. Just hire the biggest players and bludgeon your way to the line.

St George won off the back of the hooking skills of Rapier. Back when there was a truly contested scrum. Powerful forwards also helped.

They didn't even care if they knocked on because more often than not they'd get the ball back even against the feed.

Pomoz

Bench
If it was that easy, why didn't other teams win 11 in a row?
The Northern Suburbs Devils won 8 in ten years in the Queensland competition in the sixties. Who is to say they wouldn't have beaten St George? What St George did is admirable, but it was a very limited ten team State based competition back then. Newtown Jets and the Bears don't even play anymore. You can't compare it to a competition that has NZ, Canberra, 3 Queensland teams, and Melboune. Penrith and Cronulla weren't even in the competition when St George did their run of wins. St George were a champion team in the NSW cup, not the NRL. There is nothing "National" about beating everybody in Sydney even if you do it 11 times straight.

Hooked

Juniors

Munky

Coach
You know what else you don't see at Parramatta? A bloke taking one for the team and paying his 4k fine

It's not even 4k.

It's tax deductible so really just over $2k. I believe he's a hard core churchie so would probably tithe too.

He's likely out of pocket $1500 at most.

Don't think he gets another Origin cap which would easily make up the fine in match payment.

You know what else you don't see at Parramatta? A bloke taking one for the team and paying his 4k fine
In an article titled ‘I don’t think you would see that at Parramatta’, I thought the article could have stopped at ‘premiership celebrations’…

I am being a bit unfair; most of the Parra fans that frequent our page (with one very large exception) are good rugby league fans. And to be fair to Lane when you read what he said he was quite fair.

But the way the media is portraying this team you would think that they have, you know, actually done something wrong. Seems like the brown kids from the western suburbs should just be thankful they get to play with the real Australians at all…

Smug Panther

First Grade
In an article titled ‘I don’t think you would see that at Parramatta’, I thought the article could have stopped at ‘premiership celebrations’…

I am being a bit unfair; most of the Parra fans that frequent our page (with one very large exception) are good rugby league fans. And to be fair to Lane when you read what he said he was quite fair.

But the way the media is portraying this team you would think that they have, you know, actually done something wrong. Seems like the brown kids from the western suburbs should just be thankful they get to play with the real Australians at all…
We haven't even burned down a stadium!

age.s

First Grade

I think there's a bit of racism in some of our detractors. I think there's a much larger dose of classism in most of them.

I love it. f**k those toffs, hope they choke on their faux outrage.