What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 jersey

Knight Tales

Juniors
Someone with more talent could make the “v” design but with the gradiated stripes of our 88 strip. As long as a big box didn’t ruin it, I reckon it would look good.

other than that, go something completely different but keep the red/blue balance…

and please an all red with blue piping (or a blue stripe) away. I hate that our white away always makes us look like either the bulldogs or dragons. We aren’t a white team.
Loved the centenary heritage jersey from 2008. Bring it back.

Apey

Staff member
19d2f31b9856393b072d3f0326941efb

These are last years heritage jerseys which I assume you're also talking about. I remember being indifferent when they were announced but I thought they looked pretty good in action.
I'm sad I didn't buy one of these at the time. I liked them.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I liked this one above too.

I hate us using white under any circumstances. Surely, as “Knights” someone could design a silver “suit of armour” with Red and Blue trim.

Marketing 101.

macavity

Referee

I hate us using white under any circumstances. Surely, as “Knights” someone could design a silver “suit of armour” with Red and Blue trim.

Marketing 101.

gotta make it shiny like a Tarocash suit

Nuke

Staff member
I have been saying for about 9 months that the big green NIB sponsorship logo was likely to be going for 2023.

Once NIB unveiled their new logo (after production of the Knights' kits had begun), I noticed it was just a white logo sitting on the blue background of the Knights' website and a dark green logo on a white background. That, to me, indicated that they no longer required a green box to complete their logo.

I'm so glad I seem to have been right all this time!

Marketing 101.
We did have a silver alternate jersey in about 2008. The silver was only marginally different to white, but it was silver (grey).

Jono078

Referee
I have been saying for about 9 months that the big green NIB sponsorship logo was likely to be going for 2023.

Once NIB unveiled their new logo (after production of the Knights' kits had begun), I noticed it was just a white logo sitting on the blue background of the Knights' website and a dark green logo on a white background. That, to me, indicated that they no longer required a green box to complete their logo.

I'm so glad I seem to have been right all this time!

We did have a silver alternate jersey in about 2008. The silver was only marginally different to white, but it was silver (grey).
Yep and I wasn't a fan of the grey.

Speaking of jerseys, I remember we had a couple of decent ones in Auckland 9s that would make good alternates in NRL.

1662179233828.png1662179592137.png

slotmachine

First Grade
Can't remember ever having a decent away jersey tbh. Maybe the one in the mid 2000s that was predominantly red.

Nuke

Staff member
Can't remember ever having a decent away jersey tbh. Maybe the one in the mid 2000s that was predominantly red.
I actually didn't mind that one. A mostly red alternate jersey would look great if executed properly.
Unfortunately the jersey you're referring to was paired with red shorts (and red socks??), so it was overkill.
Blue shorts and a blue dominant, yet comparitively balanced red:blue, pair of socks, and we might be onto something.

... Something that could still be ruined by NIB's insistence on their logo being massively freakin' huge and green instead of something, y'know, nice. I might have a play around with some design ideas over the weekend.