What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

MugaB

Coach
That Roosters logo is terrific. Are they finally getting rid of the pathetic cartoon logo? Or is it for merchandise only.
I'd hope so, many of the clubs have reverted back to their old 80s logos but just more updated, pawwa, dawgs, panfers, now rorters... wouldn't have minded tigs and bronx do this too, but not all clubs see how clean a rabbit silhouette is, bronx are happy with their chess piece garbage, and tigs just went in hard on and existing logo, instead of what rorters did here and reach back

GAZF

First Grade
While it would be good to see the Roosters go back in that direction, they seriously need to clean up those tail feathers.

yakstorm

First Grade
Roosters have been using the silhouette Rooster from the old Eastern Suburbs logo on their membership merchandise for almost a decade now.

Unfortunately despite the fact it is widely popular with their members and they use it on their training gear and even on parts of their jersey, there doesn't seem to be any interest from the club to change their primary logo.

It's a shame, the Rooster silhouette on its own would look great on their kit.

Souths and Aqualand have completed their three year, front of jersey/corporate deal, with promotional material from the last couple of days confirming. No news on a new front of jersey sponsor as of posting 👍
W_UyakRRp9-4_3qjj8uCx_LxdLqEYPUn2xfZOjLLxTkL3kkl0_0oY-9_oDoFQ7-UUbPX7zWFbJx6MJFxyc0PPB-U-ghEyOeUYHKxgi9zjHlgUKNwjYy61vuti5kPyvkhDUp_j4t_6QCDEfEyQ2W5SjgKsongJbKR9GGUJwFqZA8=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
I think they have paid for the rights of the Sydney Opera house chook logo up until 2026. After that expect a logo change. I remember Sydney Kings a year ago having a stink about it.
Roosters have been using the silhouette Rooster from the old Eastern Suburbs logo on their membership merchandise for almost a decade now.

Unfortunately despite the fact it is widely popular with their members and they use it on their training gear and even on parts of their jersey, there doesn't seem to be any interest from the club to change their primary logo.

It's a shame, the Rooster silhouette on its own would look great on their kit.

Nuke

Staff member
I know Souths are losing a fair chunk of quality and experience for 2022, but if I were Aqualand, I'd have thought remaining on the jerseys of the team who narrowly lost the Grand Final last week would gain heaps of exposure. Unless the Bunnies are now expecting more, given their stronger bargaining opportunity, and priced the likes of Aqualand out of the market?

kdalymc

Bench
I know Souths are losing a fair chunk of quality and experience for 2022, but if I were Aqualand, I'd have thought remaining on the jerseys of the team who narrowly lost the Grand Final last week would gain heaps of exposure. Unless the Bunnies are now expecting more, given their stronger bargaining opportunity, and priced the likes of Aqualand out of the market?
Well Cronulla won the f**ken thing then had no sponsor... Pretty sure Melbourne similar aswell in the past?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well Cronulla won the f**ken thing then had no sponsor... Pretty sure Melbourne similar aswell in the past?
I feel like that was more as a result of either the company being bankrupt/in financial trouble, and/or the Barba scandals that immediately followed the season?

macavity

Referee

really don’t understand “non-consumer” sponsors. No one buys an Aqualand because they sponsor souffs.

Perth Red

Post Whore
really don’t understand “non-consumer” sponsors. No one buys an Aqualand because they sponsor souffs.
Combination of tax reduction purposes, owners being fans of the club or a company doing well that fancies some nights out being wined and dined at the footy. For non main stream consumer product companies they aren’t doing it for customer reach.

Combination of tax reduction purposes, owners being fans of the club or a company doing well that fancies some nights out being wined and dined at the footy. For non main stream consumer product companies they aren’t doing it for customer reach.
A marketing client once told me that sponsorship is indulging in one’s passion with somebody else‘s money.