What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 Membership

greenBV4

Bench
Nice round number from Melbourne, maybe they've hired the AFL to consult on how to count membership numbers
All 2021 members received a free 2022 membership because of the last 2 years of lockdowns and the team not being in Vic

I'm assuming 20000 was mentioned as a line in a vid, because of the above the actual number is probably higher (theoretically should equal this year's total)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nice round number from Melbourne, maybe they've hired the AFL to consult on how to count membership numbers
With no verification from the nrl anymore clubs can say whatever they like, or nothing at all.
I’d be boosting my reported numbers if I was an nrl club lol

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
All 2021 members received a free 2022 membership because of the last 2 years of lockdowns and the team not being in Vic

I'm assuming 20000 was mentioned as a line in a vid, because of the above the actual number is probably higher (theoretically should equal this year's total)
Correct, Melbourne's number in this particular count was in a video and email sent to members. It would be an approximate which they would already have exceeded.

Looks like The Raiders will break another record in 2022, beating their 23,150 from last year. Thats impressive considering they were pooh in 2021.
Parra & Souths killing it , the roosters look like they'll crack 20,000 which is good considering they're a smaller club. If they have a good 2022 then they should do extremely well in 2023 with their brand new stadium.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
1643769022133.png

Ahead of last year with the same number of clubs reporting, although the 30k contributed by Melbourne and NQ far outweights the 20k contributed by Warriors and Tigers this time last year so it's difficult to say if we're truly in front.

Still seven clubs not putting anything up - Broncos, Bulldogs, Sharks, Titans, Panthers, Warriors, Tigers

Just follow the link, it's all there.
I think membership numbers will be down somewhat until COVID-19 is history. If ever there was a time for the NRL and ALRC to push non-ticketed memberships, it's 2020-22. It's a golden opportunity for them to design apparel membership packs that will allow their fans to promote them in public. Things like watches, casual and formal attire, placemats, leather wallets, large car stickers, car seat covers, tea towels, bath towels, cushions and furniture.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I think membership numbers will be down somewhat until COVID-19 is history. If ever there was a time for the NRL and ALRC to push non-ticketed memberships, it's 2020-22. It's a golden opportunity for them to design apparel membership packs that will allow their fans to promote them in public. Things like watches, casual and formal attire, placemats, leather wallets, large car stickers, car seat covers, tea towels, bath towels, cushions and furniture.
You do know that all NRL clubs have merchandise stores that sell this stuff already dont you?

You do know that all NRL clubs have merchandise stores that sell this stuff already dont you?
Yes, but if they added it onto their membership packages with the title "2022 Member", with their membership number etched into it, then it would be a personalised one-of-a-kind item to help fans feel closer to the club.

Latest posts