What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2022 NRL Draw discussion, speculation

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
^ Is this because the NRL got lapped by the AFL again?
I don't think so, because the weekend the Roosters have moved away from the SCG doesn't contain a Swans fixture (and I presume Super Rugby is over by then, although haven't checked).

I think it's more likely they're avoiding any potential clashes with A-League - I can see a Central Coast Mariners fixture on the NRL Round 2 weekend in Gosford.

yobbo84

First Grade
I love that the NRL manipulated the draw to have Reynolds vs Souths in Round 1 and return of Latrell vs Roosters in Round 3, and now both of those scenarios are out the window.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
What is this absolute nonsense where teams are playing each other again so early?

Canberra played North Queensland in Round 2 and then again in Round 6.

Brisbane played Canterbury in Round 2 and now again in Round 7.

There are probably other examples.

Absolutely f**king pointless and I blame V'landys and pokie dens.

Seriously, which imbecile getting paid millions to come up with the draw thought this was a good idea and which flog at the NRL approved it?

What is this absolute nonsense where teams are playing each other again so early?

Canberra played North Queensland in Round 2 and then again in Round 6.

Brisbane played Canterbury in Round 2 and now again in Round 7.

There are probably other examples.

Absolutely f**king pointless and I blame V'landys and pokie dens.

Seriously, which imbecile getting paid millions to come up with the draw thought this was a good idea and which flog at the NRL approved it?
been happening for decades , its to do with ground availability etc

Diesel

Referee
It wasn’t a problem until tv (mainly 9) started paying big bucks and dictated timeslots and the draw. Back before the NRL started, and maybe later, you’d generally play every team once before playing sone a second time. Any real fan could come up with a better draw.

Latest posts