What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 28-12 Parramatta @ Accor

Grand Final: Penrith v Parramatta

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 58 66.7%
  • Parramatta Eels

Votes: 26 29.9%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smug Panther

First Grade
It's certainly an interesting thing to watch unfold. When the Roosters were dominating a few years ago, you could see why - they did everything at super high pace, fast hands, great attack. In defence they would fly up on the edges, push your attack to the middle and slow you down.

When the Storm were dominating before them, they would wrestle your momentum away, Smith and Cronk would control the match and they had amazing attack with Slater et al.

This Penrith side though? They're not a great attacking side. They don't do anything special in defence. They just go set-for-set, remain completely calm at all times and are somehow fitter than every other team in the NRL by a comfortable margin. They kick to the corners and defend, defend, defend. Their line speed doesn't slow down. Their back three make a thousand metres a match. They never tire. They know that if it takes until the 80th minute to win, then they will do that.

They're a really good advertising for mastering the mental side of the game and transferring that onto the field.
Nothing special in defence hahaha fmd merkin

chrisD

Coach
Nice that both you and the media have totally disregarded annessley on the Luciano try when said that it should have been a penalty for moses being held .

but we like that everyone thinks we got thru due to the forward pass . Good to be underestimated
That was the worst dive in recent history and you should be ashamed of yourself and team.

Iamback

Coach
It's certainly an interesting thing to watch unfold. When the Roosters were dominating a few years ago, you could see why - they did everything at super high pace, fast hands, great attack. In defence they would fly up on the edges, push your attack to the middle and slow you down.

When the Storm were dominating before them, they would wrestle your momentum away, Smith and Cronk would control the match and they had amazing attack with Slater et al.

This Penrith side though? They're not a great attacking side. They don't do anything special in defence. They just go set-for-set, remain completely calm at all times and are somehow fitter than every other team in the NRL by a comfortable margin. They kick to the corners and defend, defend, defend. Their line speed doesn't slow down. Their back three make a thousand metres a match. They never tire. They know that if it takes until the 80th minute to win, then they will do that.

They're a really good advertising for mastering the mental side of the game and transferring that onto the field.

Only had the best defensive record for the last 3 years

Best attack this year....Aside from that go on

Fangs

Coach
Well Pete Green can certainly slow or stop the game down though when penrith need a break that's for sure.

Only to assist a severely injured player whose season was ended. His efforts should be applauded.

Eels trainers on the other hand have no principles. They try to distract uninjured players who are attempting to kick at goal. That's not Rugby League.

yobbo84

First Grade
Only had the best defensive record for the last 3 years

Best attack this year....Aside from that go on
People are missing my point. What I mean is... there's no special kind of attack that you've introduced. No new wrestling techniques, or purposely giving away penalties to reset your line in defence, etc. That's what I mean by nothing special. Maybe I should have said "nothing out of the ordinary".

My post was complimentary. Penrith do what everyone else is doing - just better.

My point was that Penrith seemed to have mastered the mental side of the game and are experts to transferring that onto the field.

Iamback

Coach
People are missing my point. What I mean is... there's no special kind of attack that you've introduced. No new wrestling techniques, or purposely giving away penalties to reset your line in defence, etc. That's what I mean by nothing special. Maybe I should have said "nothing out of the ordinary".

My post was complimentary. Penrith do what everyone else is doing - just better.

My point was that Penrith seemed to have mastered the mental side of the game and are experts to transferring that onto the field.

RL is still a simple game, Our record across the last few seasons proves this.

Fangs

Coach
Penrith are a clever football side. They pioneered the short drop out circa 2019 which is now the new meta.

They didn't invent up-tempo football but they are the best at it in the league. They possess a gear that no other club has.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Being offside 3 out of 5 ptb helps! Fox need to use SL style camera angles at PTB rather than zoomed in ones so we can see how this super quick panthers defensive line covers 10metres in such a quick amount of time lol

yobbo84

First Grade
Being offside 3 out of 5 ptb helps! Fox need to use SL style camera angles at PTB rather than zoomed in ones so we can see how this super quick panthers defensive line covers 10metres in such a quick amount of time lol
All clubs do that though come finals. As a game we've somehow accepted that certain rules get ignored in the big games.

Bazal

Post Whore
Parra are focusing on our trainers instead of how badly we beat them week 1. They are rattled

Focusing on your trainers via making Souths whinge, my dude? Interesting tactics.

That said Penrith seem to consistently have issues with trainers. Seems unnecessary but I suppose the attitude of the players is rubbing off.

Iamback

Coach
All clubs do that though come finals. As a game we've somehow accepted that certain rules get ignored in the big games.

Not knowing that cost Sharks v Cows, There is no way anyone else in getting binned in that game.

Hold down, Get tangled as marker etc. Top sides know this

Fangs

Coach

On Tuesday, however, the Daily Telegraph revealed Penrith had audio of the incident as Green was wearing a microphone throughout the game which was connected to the club’s chief medical officer.

The Telegraph was told Green said: “You’ve got to give him that one, Dyl” after Souths’ forward Cartwright put a big hit on Panthers fullback Dylan Edwards.

myrrh ken

First Grade

On Tuesday, however, the Daily Telegraph revealed Penrith had audio of the incident as Green was wearing a microphone throughout the game which was connected to the club’s chief medical officer.

The Telegraph was told Green said: “You’ve got to give him that one, Dyl” after Souths’ forward Cartwright put a big hit on Panthers fullback Dylan Edwards.

Do they have the audio recorded though or did someone just happen to listen to it? It would be weird if they recorded the whole game. And ... what else was said?

We will never know. Excuse me for not taking the club's explanation at face value, like the "Taylan was only defending Cleary in the nightclub" line.

OzDragon

Coach
Only to assist a severely injured player whose season was ended. His efforts should be applauded.

Eels trainers on the other hand have no principles. They try to distract uninjured players who are attempting to kick at goal. That's not Rugby League.

Lmfao that’s a fancy way of saying he missed 1 game.

Latest posts