What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Pretty solid numbers and great to see the jump on last year.
If they can up the prize money on the pre-season competition and give it a bit more time to develop it could be another money-spinner in its` own right.
FIXTUREFIXTURE TIMESLOTTOTAL AUDIENCE
Warriors v TigersThursday night102,000
Knights v SharksFriday 6pm116,000
Rabbitohs v Sea EaglesFriday 8pm187,000
Eels v PanthersSaturday 6pm169,000
Dragons v St HelensSaturday 8pm178,000
Storm v RoostersSunday 2pm165,000
Raiders v BulldogsSunday 4pm229,000
Cowboys v DolphinsSunday 6pm260,000
Broncos v TitansSunday 8pm184,000
WEEK ONE AVERAGE 177,000

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Having quarters doesn`t seem to be affecting viewership and the ref`s certainly haven`t let up on their real and imagined knock-on and forward pass obsessions. Cut that crap out and have twenty minutes of frenetic play followed by quarter, half and a three-quarter breaks could be the way of the future.

Pneuma

First Grade
Pretty solid numbers and great to see the jump on last year.
If they can up the prize money on the pre-season competition and give it a bit more time to develop it could be another money-spinner in its` own right.
FIXTUREFIXTURE TIMESLOTTOTAL AUDIENCE
Warriors v TigersThursday night102,000
Knights v SharksFriday 6pm116,000
Rabbitohs v Sea EaglesFriday 8pm187,000
Eels v PanthersSaturday 6pm169,000
Dragons v St HelensSaturday 8pm178,000
Storm v RoostersSunday 2pm165,000
Raiders v BulldogsSunday 4pm229,000
Cowboys v DolphinsSunday 6pm260,000
Broncos v TitansSunday 8pm184,000
WEEK ONE AVERAGE177,000
This must be with kayo

Colk

First Grade
Having quarters doesn`t seem to be affecting viewership and the ref`s certainly haven`t let up on their real and imagined knock-on and forward pass obsessions. Cut that crap out and have twenty minutes of frenetic play followed by quarter, half and a three-quarter breaks could be the way of the future.

Interesting thought. You could always test it I guess in some early season rounds and analyse the reaction.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Nah I’d rather take less if that’s the case
I know where you`re coming from mate, but we`re old school and what we want doesn`t really matter. Interesting too that the issue of breaks hasn`t been mentioned once from what I`ve seen over the weekend.
Up to a point maximising revenue coming into the game is the number one priority for me, and if that means a five minute quarter and three quarter break I could probably live with it. Especially if the action and tempo was upped during the time in play.
It makes an interesting comparison with the union though, the stop start nature of that sport would make quarters all but unbearable.
Having said all that, Christ from what I saw on the Super-Bowl today, if your fans are hooked they`ll put up with any amount of stoppages.

Wb1234

Referee
I know where you`re coming from mate, but we`re old school and what we want doesn`t really matter. Interesting too that the issue of breaks hasn`t been mentioned once from what I`ve seen over the weekend.
Up to a point maximising revenue coming into the game is the number one priority for me, and if that means a five minute quarter and three quarter break I could probably live with it. Especially if the action and tempo was upped during the time in play.
It makes an interesting comparison with the union though, the stop start nature of that sport would make quarters all but unbearable.
Having said all that, Christ from what I saw on the Super-Bowl today, if your fans are hooked they`ll put up with any amount of stoppages.
Yeh I’m just an old angry man shouting at clouds lmao (I was thinking what you said when I posted mine)

arlc was thinking about 4 x 25 minute quarters which is actually better as it’s a bit more fatigue back in the game which quarters reduces

fox didn’t go to adds during the quarter breaks though

Canard

Immortal
Has no-one here watched pre-season footy before? It's always been in quarters!

This is nothing new.

Can someone also point out where adding two short breaks in 80min game suddenly mean Millions in extra TV money?