What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Whilst everyone in this thread wants to ignore it the total viewing hours is important. I realise it goes against the narrative that the NRL destroys the AFL but you can’t just ignore it.
When you're talking about ratings ... the NRL does destroy the aflol
last time I looked...

this is a thread about ratings

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Whilst everyone in this thread wants to ignore it the total viewing hours is important. I realise it goes against the narrative that the NRL destroys the AFL but you can’t just ignore it.
Yes I was thinking about the same thing myself. I suppose another way to look at it though is that on average ~ 560 000 ( 8 x`s 70 000 ) more viewers tune in for League games each weekend. You`d think that`d more than, or at least equally compensate for the fact that 560 000 less viewers tune in for longer for fumbleballs.

Billythekid

First Grade
When you're talking about ratings ... the NRL does destroy the aflol
last time I looked...

this is a thread about ratings
That's still talking about ratings, it's just a different metric.
Adjust total viewing hours with how many are watching

it’s a wash at best

but I’m sure the afl appreciate the spin
What are you even talking about lol? The amount of people watching is already factored into that data.
I’m guessing he’s from melb

go easy on him they aren’t used down there to rugby league being number one
I live in Newcastle, the true RL heartland.

Wb1234

Referee
That's still talking about ratings, it's just a different metric.

What are you even talking about lol? The amount of people watching is already factored into that data.

I live in Newcastle, the true RL heartland.
Lol I’m guessing maths is a struggle

by the end of the season the nrl will be ahead by around 25 million viewers. These figures show the two head to head

once all these viewers are counted the difference is a wash

and it ignores nz too

billy slater fan living in Newcastle huh ?

Billythekid

First Grade
Lol I’m guessing maths is a struggle

by the end of the season the nrl will be ahead by around 25 million viewers. These figures show the two head to head

once all these viewers are counted the difference is a wash

and it ignores nz too

billy slater fan living in Newcastle huh ?
Christ it’s painful trying to read posts of the trolls on this forum.

The_Wookie

Bench
Ratings may give fox an idea of how many people subscribe for that product. Because of your industry experience you may know if fox can track individual data or do they have the same system as fta with the Neilson box?

The ratings come to us from Oztam/Regtam via Nielson, same as FTA. Given the nature of the IQ boxes and digital Kayo setups, Fox would know exactly how many people are watching and how many unique viewers they have.

Wb1234

Referee
Christ it’s painful trying to read posts of the trolls on this forum.
Hey if you don’t understand the point thats not on me is it

those figures don’t include rep games

and the other things I mentioned

by the end of the season that hours watched figure will essentially be the same across both sports (especially if nz is included)

nice try though 8 / 10

Billythekid

First Grade
Your point maybe correct for fta but fox relies on subs so hours watched doesn’t mean anything to them
My point is simply that you can’t just ignore that number when analysing data like this. I agree that it’s a much more relevant figure for FTA.
Hey if you don’t understand the point thats not on me is it

those figures don’t include rep games

and the other things I mentioned

by the end of the season that hours watched figure will essentially be the same across both sports (especially if nz is included)

nice try though 8 / 10
I understand the point fine. I just don’t understand why LU trolls all have this weird thing where they randomly press enter and don’t really seem to use grammar at all.

Wb1234

Referee
My point is simply that you can’t just ignore that number when analysing data like this. I agree that it’s a much more relevant figure for FTA.

I understand the point fine. I just don’t understand why LU trolls all have this weird thing where they randomly press enter and don’t really seem to use grammar at all.
So you understood the point

where’s the bit where you admit you were wrong ?
I missed that bit with all your whining

Billythekid

First Grade
So you understood the point

where’s the bit where you admit you were wrong ?
I missed that bit with all your whining
Wrong about what? The fact that AFL games are longer and therefore get more total viewing hours is a metric that can’t be ignored. Most on here like to ignore that stat when discussing ratings or potential TV deals because it doesn’t fit with a set agenda.

Where exactly am I wrong here?

Latest posts