What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NRL ratings

Perth Red

Post Whore
I have to agree , tv income from NZ should be included, we have a team based there and the warriors generate content for that market
It is when we want to compare overall revenue streams, but is irrelevant when we are taking about the value to Australian tv partners of the two codes. Why is afl getting $53mill more in australia than nrl for 23&24, and possibly even more for
at least 3 years after that!

Perth Red

Post Whore
1.3 billion more in revenue &

still posting losses 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
extraordinary Times, and they upped their payment to the players association by a massive amount, if they wanted to avoid losses they could have easily cut a number of areas to do so. They didn’t
,they decided to wear them and dip into their substantial cash reserves.
the bigger question is why did nrl achieve a surplus after massively cutting grassroots and development funding? Was buying a hotel and giving the players a bonus more important than jnrs?

Frank Burge

Juniors
It is when we want to compare overall revenue streams, but is irrelevant when we are taking about the value to Australian tv partners of the two codes. Why is afl getting $53mill more in australia than nrl for 23&24, and possibly even more for
Well if you exclude the warriors we only provide 7.5 games per week to the AFL 9 or overall season 180 games to 198 . So a 10% difference seems fair ( but then we provide the behemoth that is SOO ) . I guess the networks values the capital city reach that AFL provides and hopefully one day the NRL adds Perth and can grow the game nationally

Frank Burge

Juniors
The 15% rise in viewers per round looks impressive considering all the new players in the streaming market and other options for people to watch , do you have comparative number from 2016 to 2022 for the AFL ? Was AFL simulcasting all games in 2016?
Never mind I found data from 2017 AFL average 517k per game and is up to 540k per game in 2022 up around 4.5%.

overall ?
what other media revenue streams do the aflol have ?

the warriors would actually devalue the rights here with our media partners , the ratings prove it. When they're playing your team the ratings are way down compared to the 15 Australian sides

so the balance is the NZ broadcast revenue

It’s not afls fault they can’t get nz interested in their game

it’s just not fair to include nz tv ratings or the nz tv deal into the comparison

just because the nrl is an international competition shouldn’t be held against the poor little afl !
“Poor little AFL” who get more money from broadcasters and more than double your crowd attendance? did you write that with a straight face?

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
“Poor little AFL” who get more money from broadcasters and more than double your crowd attendance? did you write that with a straight face?
Correct me if I`m wrong but didn`t fumbleball crowds dip below double League crowds for the first time in a long, long time this year, and trending lower.
Fumbleball like to brag about their occasional huge crowd but I`d be more worried about what`s happening at the other end. People just aren`t interested in spending hours and hours away from home and their creature comforts every weekend.
fumbleball looks to be trending towards big games becoming ` events ` and forget the rest. This would be in line with modern societal trends.
Tough for a sport that relies so much on ticketing revenue to boost Tv deals to pay the exorbitant cost of running a fumbleball club. $50m minimum I`ve heard.

Correct me if I`m wrong but didn`t fumbleball crowds dip below double League crowds for the first time in a long, long time this year, and trending lower.
Fumbleball like to brag about their occasional huge crowd but I`d be more worried about what`s happening at the other end. People just aren`t interested in spending hours and hours away from home and their creature comforts every weekend.
fumbleball looks to be trending towards big games becoming ` events ` and forget the rest. This would be in line with modern societal trends.
Tough for a sport that relies so much on ticketing revenue to boost Tv deals to pay the exorbitant cost of running a fumbleball club. $50m minimum I`ve heard.
Umm, err, come again? AFL on average more than double the NRL’s, you been reading this board too long, you’ve been brainwashed.

The_Wookie

Bench

Current averages

Much of the AFLs drop this season is form/COVID related in WA (restrictions didnt come off until easter), and form related in SA.

Wb1234

Referee
Guys we are close to the afl bingo :

1. longer TV games
2. Higher attendances

all we need is more teams in capital cities for bingo

Iamback

Coach

Shows by the 6000 crowds GWS get

Perth Red

Post Whore
overall ?
what other media revenue streams do the aflol have ?

the warriors would actually devalue the rights here with our media partners , the ratings prove it. When they're playing your team the ratings are way down compared to the 15 Australian sides

so the balance is the NZ broadcast revenue
sounds like you're making a very good case for perth over NZ2 for the club18 if its costing us $21mill to have Warriors in the comp over another Australian club!

The_Wookie

Bench
How come you exaggerate the fall with plummeted but not the rise which is much greater and the overall number. I thought you report the numbers with no code bias

wasnt a deliberate thing. I was on the way out the door in a rush when i posted and did the calculation wrong.

Hanlons Razor: never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Latest posts