What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 NSW Origin Side

aqua_duck

Coach
Some of the changes being published by the media is a joke.
I love some Talakai, but he shouldn't be near State of Origin atm.

Talk of bringing Jake Tbrojevic in? Why? He is just bad at this point.
If they pick Koroisau then they need a forward with some utility value to cover the outside backs in case of injury, Talakai obviously fits that bill, after the Tedesco incident a few years ago Freddy will never leave himself in that sort of situation again. In terms of Jake, obviously his defence around the ruck is what Freddy is looking at

Smug Panther

First Grade
If they pick Koroisau then they need a forward with some utility value to cover the outside backs in case of injury, Talakai obviously fits that bill, after the Tedesco incident a few years ago Freddy will never leave himself in that sort of situation again. In terms of Jake, obviously his defence around the ruck is what Freddy is looking at
I'm Jake's biggest fan but I think he's cooked

JokerEel

Coach
How does Radley get a look in when he has been out injured for Months?

Guthos form has been shit and played a decent 40 this weekend but should not be near the Squad.

Valheru

Coach
How does Radley get a look in when he has been out injured for Months?

Guthos form has been shit and played a decent 40 this weekend but should not be near the Squad.

Freddy seems to have an obsession with radley being there and has wanted to pick him since 2020 but he has been injured each year.

I dont believe he will play though as the latest update was he wouldn't be ready to return to NRL until round 19 so this seems another of those "experience" selections.

Canard

Immortal
I'm not sure what the controversy is about the non-selection of JAC?

NSW had reached there limit of Koori players, and couldn't go over that limit as is there normal practice.

Freddy makes the most random selections I've ever seen. Remember when he randomly picked Matt Prior a couple years ago? Bringing back Tupou was also pretty left field, and now he's got Jordan McLean and Radley in the squad. Freddy is an absolute bonehead.

Munky

Coach
Freddy makes the most random selections I've ever seen. Remember when he randomly picked Matt Prior a couple years ago? Bringing back Tupou was also pretty left field, and now he's got Jordan McLean and Radley in the squad. Freddy is an absolute bonehead.

You can't game plan against insanity.

Of course Freddy can't game plan himself so it evens things out.

firechild

First Grade
I think it's pretty clear what the problem is. Too many Parra players stinking the place up. When NSW won the series in 2019, only Blake Ferguson was picked from Parra. In 2020, NSW lost the series after selecting Gutho, Paulo and Brown. In 2021, Only Paulo was selected for the first 2 games and NSW smashed it, before Moses being added for game 3 handing QLD the win. We're back to 3 Parra scum in the team and predictably it's another QLD win. The solution is obvious but I don't think Freddy will drop them so it'll be another QLD series win this year.
Glad Freddy identified the issue and axed the Parra blokes. Unsurprisingly the result turned on the back of it.