What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Origin II - Sun 26 Jun - NSW 44-12 QLD @ Optus

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Queensland

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
They'll take offence to that.

They'll take it personally.

Next game, NSW beat their arses and put 50 on them...
NSW needed that first half to sort combos together. And as evident as it turned out to be, it all clicked in the second half. In fact, if NSW keep that same side and have the mentality that they have from this game, I honesty don't see Qld getting close to us. In fact, I predict a very bad loss for the Maroons in game three.

Freddy and the coaching staff did brilliant work with this side and should be applauded.

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
I hope they have an international round set aside, so teams like Tonga and Samoa get their big names actually playing for them and not being forced to make a decision based on which game brings them more money
Yep.
The scheduling was f**ken stupid.
Also bring back the kangaroos. Mal quit the maroons to coach the Aussie for what, for one game every 4 years, awesome....

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
They'll take offence to that.

They'll take it personally.

Next game, NSW beat their arses and put 50 on them
Classic Qld. They win by 6, NSW don't get origin. They get belted and didn't play badly, NSW just disrespected them.
There is no doubt the sin binning before half-time completely swung the game and there is also no doubt this game was ref'd differently compared to Game 1, what Fittler said in the post-match from Game 1 definitely played a role

The "experts" all agreed the sin-binning was unwarranted, both NSW and QLD experts
Unwarranted? It was the 4th penalty for slowing the ruck on the Qld tryline in about 90 seconds. If positions were reversed you'd be fine with it.

Game failed to deliver again, that’s two we’ve had and both been blow outs. At least the weather was much kinder this time, Stadium is amazing and the crowd was very loud. Grinspoon was ok and the welcome to country and anthem went down well. Transport a doddle to and from the stadium even with 60k getting trains. Enjoyed the night but wasn’t really worth the $450 it cost for me and the Mrs to attend But we did our little bit to help sell it out once again and hopefully shut up the doubters on if perth could sustain an nrl club.
Predominantly focusing on the negative. I'm shocked. Shocked!

Canard

Immortal
Thought Munster had a pretty decent crack for Queensland. Idk they just got smashed in the forwards. Slater didn't help with his bench management

Ultimately if he doesn't think papalii is good enough to play 40 minutes or whatever (and I'd disagree) he shouldn't pick him. He left his forwards to die sticky style

A victim of circumstance. Jai Arrow and Collins off for HIA for 15mins and Kaufusi binned. In game one it was the Coates injury that hurt the rotation.

You can't burn an interchange for Big Papi when he isn't going to be capable of playing big minutes.

Genuine question, when is the last time a NSW player was sin binned in Origin?
Genuine question; did you not think that Kafusi deserved to be binned. He stood there for 5 seconds with his hands on Pauli’s back, AND THEN, decided to fall on top of him. After three previous team infractions in the same movement.

I guess turning around your initial question. Can you think of a similar, cynical act by a Blues player over the past 5 years which didn’t get binned?

Canard

Immortal
Genuine question; did you not think that Kafusi deserved to be binned. He stood there for 5 seconds with his hands on Pauli’s back, AND THEN, decided to fall on top of him. After three previous team infractions in the same movement.

I guess turning around your initial question. Can you think of a similar, cynical act by a Blues player over the past 5 years which

Last edited:
So not one player from NSW has committed an offence worthy of a sin bin for what a decade? 2 decades? Genuine question.

I think that's a credit to there team ethos and morals, that they are such cleanskins.
I’m happy for you to point one out?
You are just perpetuating this myth that is peddled by those cynical coaches (like Robbo and Sticky) that teach their players to deliberately foul and then demand the referees to provide ‘even’ penalty counts/sin bins etc. Its not the refs job to even out their calls; it’s their job to adjudicate the rules and penalise teams within the laws. Of that means one team gets penalised and punished more because they don’t play to the rules, then so be it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
A victim of circumstance. Jai Arrow and Collins off for HIA for 15mins and Kaufusi binned. In game one it was the Coates injury that hurt the rotation.

You can't burn an interchange for Big Papi when he isn't going to be capable of playing big minutes.

We get about 50 minutes out of Tapine and Papalii a game. Papalii looking like a bowling ball makes people think he's an impact forward but he's a metre getter for us.

There is no doubt the sin binning before half-time completely swung the game and there is also no doubt this game was ref'd differently compared to Game 1, what Fittler said in the post-match from Game 1 definitely played a role

The "experts" all agreed the sin-binning was unwarranted, both NSW and QLD experts
Sin bins are never good but getting it before half time means the team gets a break in the middle of it and come out fresh for the last 6 or so minutes. I thought they would’ve been made of sterner stuff tbh. It certainly wouldn’t have bothered the 2006-13 teams.

Canard

Immortal
I’m happy for you to point one out?
You are just perpetuating this myth that is peddled by those cynical coaches (like Robbo and Sticky) that teach their players to deliberately foul and then demand the referees to provide ‘even’ penalty counts/sin bins etc. Its not the refs job to even out their calls; it’s their job to adjudicate the rules and penalise teams within the laws. Of that means one team gets penalised and punished more because they don’t play to the rules, then so be it.

I congratulate NSW for there sportsmanship and refusal to bend the rules. It's great to see.